end of baldness.they figured it out all.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heck with money going to R&D. Set a goal so everyone can compete. First company/homebrewer to regrow hair better than finasteride with 0 sides gets the dough. I don't want some slug sucking on my money.

This was one of the methods of delivery of the funds discussed between myself and Axel. I think its a good strategy.

What if advancements in PRP or Acell could do it? I've talked to a few hair transplant surgeons that say prp is the same as finasteride.

PRP is bullsh*t. It doesn't work. ACELL hasn't been verified.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the first company that regrows hairs without side effect will make billions, they don't need the 5 million prize to motivate them.

the issue is with ideas that are worth pursuing but are cash constrained, future prizes do not alleviate current cash constraints. Small labs cannot borrow from and are hard to invest in from an investor perspective...

Vitor Diniz

Reaction score
the first company that regrows hairs without side effect will make billions, they don't need the 5 million prize to motivate them.

the issue is with ideas that are worth pursuing but are cash constrained, future prizes do not alleviate current cash constraints. Small labs cannot borrow from and are hard to invest in from an investor perspective...

But maybe with some strong repercussion all the world will see how much we need this cure, this can be good appeal. Is much more than a few millions.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
No problem Waynako, I don't question your sincerity, in fact I am grateful for your creative efforts in striving to effect a change in an industry seemingly mired in dubious self interests/agendas and endless miles of red tape.
ID Walker: I was posting ideas, feel free to disagree, or suggest other of how it could operate. I am NOT proposing for me to do this, I thought about it and hinted earlier that I might be open to that, but the last post I retracted it since Python reminded me what kind of people I would have to deal on a daily basis... I much much rather be bald.

- - - Updated - - -

ID Walker: I was posting ideas, feel free to disagree, or suggest other of how it could operate. I am NOT proposing for me to do this, I thought about it and hinted earlier that I might be open to that, but the last post I retracted it since Python reminded me what kind of people I would have to deal on a daily basis... I much much rather be bald.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

For what...? For saying the truth, you know you had zero reason to brought her up and now you have nothing to say. But enough about that, just don't use me as a lame excuse.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
For what...? For saying the truth, you know you had zero reason to brought her up and now you have nothing to say. But enough about that, just don't use me as a lame excuse.

Why would you object to someone wanting to work on a project that benefitted us?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
6 month plus hair wet. top view under high lumen light and front view wet again and combed back.

first pic is baseline and dry.

DSC07419.jpgapril hair wet.jpgapril hairline wet.jpg

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Really impressive 2Y2R. Thanx for the encouraging update. Is your regimen still current?

morot

Reaction score
2young, hanks for posting. Could you please repeat what's your regimen today? Derma rolling once a week, still no minoxidil? any topicals at all? Thank you! )

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, back to the topic at hand:

Anyone else have marketing skills that they can contribute with to a crowdfunding campaign? Finances, design, development, etc?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am in finance, a lot of expertise & phd education, but rather advise than become involved because some people here irritate me like hell. My dissertation was on R&D financing so I know a thing or two, but no one listens.

While I am sure most of you know the financial obstacle toward the cure, let me nevertheless summarize what I know. Why do bio-techs have hard time to find investors? This is due to the inherit risk in their projects which succeed less than 10% of the time in most cases and the inherent asymetric information. FDI red tape also contribute to the low returns on these projects (more on this below). For biotechs to attract funding they need to have a VERY STRONG convincing case that their product will work. Of course, financing is easier if they happen to be more diversified, having 10+ products in the pipeline.

What does that mean? If Dr Smith in his lab has come across something that might work on male pattern baldness (say PGD2) he might want to go to investors and raise A LOT of money to run the trial ASAP and get it through FDA. BUT, but, investors hear similar claims all the time (since everyone has incentive to inflate their statements) and will unlikely to fund his project at this stage (not in a way that is acceptable to Dr Smith, they probably will want a very generous contract to them). They need some proof first. Well, with little money on his hand and a small grant (because hairloss does not generate very large grants) he will have to start with a small trial and so on, taking this at a pace that is 10 times slower than what could have been the case. This is the asymetric information problem. This delays research funding a lot. That is why the government has come up with generous grants for cancer and other life threatning conditions to address this issue. They won't do it for hair loss.

It if important to know that ONCE a lab can PROVE that Pastarami Juice (as an example) can grow hair the lab will EASILY get Funding. Everyone wants to throw themselves on sure investment. So folks, if you are waiting to have a sure thing that works before you put your money, no need to, once it is proven it is financed.

So the Key, if you want to make a difference, is to take risks that investors are NOT willling to take. To accept that your donation of 1000 can go to lab X but might not lead to a cure.

- - - Updated - - -

The way to minimize losses it through the knowledge power (which most investors don't have) and through direct communications with the researchers. For example once you have a fund that has 5 million in it, Dr Jahoda will be willing to meet with a representative and explain his plan. He might be willling to sign an agreement with regular updates. You might introduce a clause in the agreement that protects the money in case the research stages are not being executed as stated. After all it is free money that you are giving and you can have power...

I don't see why we can t have 5 million dollar within 6 months if we wanted to. Get that honest and well-spoken dude from BTT (the guy you guys want to send to the conference...funny that once he responded saying OK I will go no one respnded to him anymore)...

- - - Updated - - -

Of course my summary was pretty simplistic -- there are other issues. For example, a patent has a lifetime of 10 years or so but getting something through trials and FDA takes sometimes near 6-7 years, which leaves you very little time to enjoy the profit. That is why red-tape is a huge issue. But if the money is coming for free (presumably we are in it to help not for the yield) then that would mitigate this natural reluctance to start a trial.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
very well said by waynayko. . . . i agree that there is a possibility that the money we collect wont necessarily lead to a cure, we should keep that in mind but hope for the best. But the thing is are we actually doing this? i am really sorry as i am just talking not doing anything , the thing is i have yet to make a career and i am busy with things otherwise i would have loved to help. hope hellouser( dunno why a lot of guys write hellrouser lol) starts this thing quickly. best of luck. will check this forum after some time, hope things would be moving by then :).

Sparky4444

Reaction score
very well said by waynayko. . . . i agree that there is a possibility that the money we collect wont necessarily lead to a cure, we should keep that in mind but hope for the best. But the thing is are we actually doing this? i am really sorry as i am just talking not doing anything , the thing is i have yet to make a career and i am busy with things otherwise i would have loved to help. hope hellouser( dunno why a lot of guys write hellrouser lol) starts this thing quickly. best of luck. will check this forum after some time, hope things would be moving by then :).

yeah...exactly...waste valuable time living your life in an endeavor that will get you nowhere's! This ain't going to work from a bunch of pee-ons...there's so many rich guys out there that would throw their money at this, but they're NOT...because it won't WORK!!!

live your lives! jeezus, no wonder this world is going into the crapper

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah...exactly...waste valuable time living your life in an endeavor that will get you nowhere's! This ain't going to work from a bunch of pee-ons...there's so many rich guys out there that would throw their money at this, but they're NOT...because it won't WORK!!!

live your lives! jeezus, no wonder this world is going into the crapper

Pot. Kettle.