end of baldness.they figured it out all.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Controllable production of transplantable adult human high-passage dermal papilla spheroids using 3D Matrigel culture

We have succeeded in culturing human dermal papilla (DP) cells spheroids and developed a three-dimensional Matrigel (basement membrane matrix) culture technique that can enhance and restores DP cells unique characteristics in vitro.

When 10000 DP cells were cultured on the 96 well plates pre-coated with Matrigel for 5 days, both passage 2 and passage 8 DP cells formed spheroidal microtissues with a diameter of 150-250 μm in an aggregative and proliferative manner. We transferred and re-cultured these DP spheroids onto commercial plates. Cells within DP spheres could disaggregate and migrate out, which was similar to primary DP. Moreover, we examined the expression of several genes and proteins associated with hair follicle inductivity of DP cells, such as NCAM, Versican and α-SMA, and confirmed that their expression level was elevated in the spheres compared with the dissociated DP cells. To examine hair-inducing ability of DP spheres, hair germinal matrix cells and DP spheres were mixed and cultured on Matrigel. Unlike the dissociated DP cells and hair germinal matrix cells co-cultured in two dimensions, hair germinal matrix cells can differentiate into hair-like fibers under the induction of the DP spheres made from the high passage cells (passage 8) in vitro.

We are the first to show that passage 3 human hair germinal matrix cells differentiate into hair-like fiber in the presence of human DP spheroids.

These results suggest that three-dimensional Matrigel culture technique is an ideal culture model for forming DP spheroids and that sphere formation partially models the intact DP, resulting in hair induction, even by high passage DP cells.

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs....TEA.2013.0547

so just please do trials in japan fast track we need the cure. thank you. baldness go to hell now

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
.... did you even understand what they said? By no means have they "figured it all out", and this is no approach for curing hair loss by itself. There are quite a few more things that need to be done before this will regrow anyone's hair.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you really 44, or actually more like 14?

Alternatively, you can also explain to me how this study exactly means they "have it all figured out", e.g. the exact effects of Dkk-1 or why there are much more AR receptors in the scalps of Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness patients.

LayZ

Reaction score
The advances that are currently being made in 3D culturing are approaching revolutionary. The last year or so has honestly blown me away. Biotech is rapidly approaching territory where they can mimic in vivo in the lab.

They have successfully opened a door...
That allows them to try an enormous number of doors that were previously out of reach.

It's only been about a human life span since penicillin became available.
I've had friends and family members die from trauma/disease that are cured fairly easily today.

Relax on the timelines for this cuz what one wants means nothing, this train ain't following anyone's schedule. And it's moving faster than you are imagining.

So, might as well enjoy the ride since none of us are operating the engine...

LayZ

Reaction score
Fred,

My head is a disaster from primitive transplant work,
Done in the mid 90's!

Chins up lads!
May not be here quick enough for some individuals, but will be right quick for humanity as a whole.

Baby John

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
I genuinely don't get how this is the cure we've been looking for.. mainly because I didn't understand one word of that abstract. Have they created human hair follicles? Is that the big deal and it hasn't ever been done in a lab before?? Can someone clue me in and dumb it down please?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Let me take a crack at dumbing it down:
read this first
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...28/baldness-cure-may-have-inched-a-bit-closer

"When a person loses hair, they lose both types of cells," Xu said. "We have solved one major problem -- the epithelial component of the hair follicle. We need to figure out a way to also make new dermal papillae cells, and no one has figured that part out yet."

- - - Updated - - -

That was Jahoda's team contribution... Now the Chinese claim to have figured out the next piece of the puzzle, making new dermal papillae cells..

What does that mean? theoretically we now have the ingredients to grow hair sprouting hair follicles, theoretically. No one has shown it works yet. Always remember: picture of it didn't happen. But it is good news, from a theoretical point of view.

I wonder whether there are any patents involved. Even if, what is stopping dozens of labs around the world trying this out right now, asap. The good news now is that competition can start.

Hell, we could ourselves hire a team to do that for us, and beat everyone else ;)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me take a crack at dumbing it down:
read this first
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...28/baldness-cure-may-have-inched-a-bit-closer

"When a person loses hair, they lose both types of cells," Xu said. "We have solved one major problem -- the epithelial component of the hair follicle. We need to figure out a way to also make new dermal papillae cells, and no one has figured that part out yet."

- - - Updated - - -

That was Jahoda's team contribution... Now the Chinese claim to have figured out the next piece of the puzzle, making new dermal papillae cells..

What does that mean? theoretically we now have the ingredients to grow hair sprouting hair follicles, theoretically. No one has shown it works yet. Always remember: picture of it didn't happen. But it is good news, from a theoretical point of view.

I wonder whether there are any patents involved. Even if, what is stopping dozens of labs around the world trying this out right now, asap. The good news now is that competition can start.

Hell, we could ourselves hire a team to do that for us, and beat everyone else ;)

You'll need a lab for that which will require about $10,000 worth of equipment. For one person thats a lot but theres many of here so the cost for that will be peanuts. We'd just need to find someone who can perform the procedure!

K

karankaran

This is exactly what i was on a watch out for.

I wish this develops into a full blown stuff. I am tired of fighting my baldness.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
This is exactly what i was on a watch out for.

I wish this develops into a full blown stuff. I am tired of fighting my baldness.

We are all freaking tired, we want this to come like yesterday. I just hope they don't try to do any trials here in USA, it will be a waste. This is of course good news, we are getting closer.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey,hi
.... did you even understand what they said? By no means have they "figured it all out", and this is no approach for curing hair loss by itself. There are quite a few more things that need to be done before this will regrow anyone's hair.

it is very good i finished it.try metal gear in ps4 ;)
Today I got The Last Of Us on my PS3. I stopped a moment and realised how far video games had come since Pong was released in 1972.

I don't know if the comparison is relevant but you get my point. In 1972, all we had for hair loss was primitive surgeries and scalp reduction, even FUT wasn't a standard yet.

It's 2014 and we have medications, concealers, FUE (that can sometimes give the appearance of a fullish head of hair to a NW6), soon scarless hair transplants, and scalp micro-pigmentation.

And now we'll soon have the possibility to replicate a patient's hair follicles. We're almost there!

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
What are the FDA requirements regarding multiplying your own cells and implanting them back into your own body? wouldn't they just need to get the method for multiplying cells approved?

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as a newcomer this is my first cure is near news. . . .hope it doesnt go the usual way :p

youngn

Reaction score
What are the FDA requirements regarding multiplying your own cells and implanting them back into your own body? wouldn't they just need to get the method for multiplying cells approved?

I don't think there's any issue as long as it goes through FDA trials. This is basically the method that Replicel was using, but with different cells.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The basics of this is they grew everything you would need to grow an actual human hair in a lab that is genetically nearly identical to a real human hair. Next we need to see it done on people, and yes its going to be expensive to grow them in mass and then pay someone to give you the hair transplant. I personally would rather keep my hair that I have on my head now then go through a big invasive procedure, but I hope it helps people in a more dire situation then me
I personally would be more excited to see a proven topical alternative to propecia that helps stop/keep hair. Multiplying or growing hair in a lab and doing a transplant will be a cure, but prevention will always be the most cost effective cure

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

If you want any FDA clinical trials done with stem cells for hair loss you can pretty guarantee yourself a 10-20 year timeline of an actual release. Forget about the FDA, they're NOT going to help this come out quickly.

I want this to go through trials in Asia.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's nothing like the "cure news" we've had before. Vague articles about hair cloning when there was nothing concrete.

This time it's the real deal.
my dear friend, i , from the bottom of my heart hope that you are 110 % true. :D

- - - Updated - - -

oh and one more thing, how long till this becomes availabe?? 6 7 years??

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
You'll need a lab for that which will require about $10,000 worth of equipment. For one person thats a lot but theres many of here so the cost for that will be peanuts. We'd just need to find someone who can perform the procedure!

Where could we find someone to perform the procedure?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score