Dr. Tweets Follica Pics After Visiting Follica Office

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I would think the Dermabrasion/skin perturbation Tool would have to go through FDA trails. I don't see anything so maybe the procedure isn't that intense.

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
puretech report says a thrid party academic. hairlosscure2020 article suspected it might be the indian study on dermarolling. I would interpret it as a study funded by pure tech. in the patent there is an experiment to see if minoxidil enhances the effects and it did . the only paper referenced in the patent with minoxidil didnt have anything about dermarolling. this product has the potential to create new hair follicles and some are terminal on human scalp. there could be other compounds in their topical.

can we set up an interview with those people. any one in boston or NY area would volunteer to interview the Dr or follica themselves.

Those of you who use Twitter, can try to ask him maybe he will be willing to answer. I think he at least should know what´s inside these two boxes!

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That was a good one :))
yep thanx
here is a link u guys may find interesting. Follica claims they can create 100 hair/cm^2 (1/4 terminal and 3/4 neogenic)
Amazing. It wud be a cure if it works.
http://puretechhealth.com/images/investors/Puretech_Pi_e-Prospectus_Final_T08_CNB-v2.pdf
page 102 onwards.

/*credit goes to that SET guy in hairlosscure blog*/

Edit : a normal hairy scalp has 200 hair/cm^2( ofc all are terminal)
so do the math now
http://www.injertocapilar.com/English/How_much_hair_can_we_transplant.htm

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Right, because Donald Trump and some football player have similar reputations in the academic community to a leading researcher at one of the most exclusive, elite, and respected universities in the world.

Some of you guys are nuts.

Dr oz graduated from Harvard, and received an MBA from Penn. To me that is quite a resume, and you wouldn't think he'd be willing to sacrifice his name for a money grab, but he has. You obviously have a point that cots is a big name, and can't be compared to men like trump. Much like you I don't think that will be the case here, but it's naive to think it's impossible for something like that to happen!

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Again, is Dr. Oz a research scientist? The only thing that is naive - or rather, completely illogical - is comparing apples to oranges and then claiming it proves your point.

So you believe that once one obtains the title of research scientist they are at that point endowed with the innate ability to obstain from trading image for profit? They are on such a grande pedastool that they are no longer capable of backing a potential product they have spent 12 years researching despite some of its inefficiencies? If your objective is to convince every atheist in here that there is a god, and cots is him, you're doing a pretty good job!

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you understand the research community? Do you understand the research publishing process, and the ethics and principles that underpin it? How important reputation is to the research community, and particularly a world-class, Ivy League university? No? Ok, how about the FDA - do you understand the basics of the legal paradigm that enforces it?

No! You are the only one privy to that information! Much like everyone else in here I can barely spell FDA let alone understand it! Do you think we come here for discussion? Absolutely not! We come here for 1 reason, and that is to hear you preach the good word on cots! You do realize He, the holy one as you like to refer to him, has made ludacris comments in the past right? Go read Desmond's interview with him in which a RESEARCH SCIENTIST -I know right?! Claimed baldness would be cured if only a few million could be raised!
Now please hop back on that soap box of your's, and please preach again to us peasants how infallible the holy one cots is! The last thing I want to do is compare two delicious fruits like an apple to an orange again!

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
A simple, "No, I don't understand what I'm talking about and I can't defend my position" would have sufficed.

Please continue posting your nonsensical, illogical fears, and telling us how Donald Trump and Dr. Oz are just like an Ivy League research scientists who has everything to lose - including their licenses to practice, their tenure, and credibility to teach and be employed - by pushing a scam.

Why don't you and that extra chromosome of your's go ahead, and show me where I compared trump to Cots? The point is everyone has something to lose by being an idiot, or at least I thought that until I began reading your responses!

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
puretech report says a thrid party academic. hairlosscure2020 article suspected it might be the indian study on dermarolling. I would interpret it as a study funded by pure tech. in the patent there is an experiment to see if minoxidil enhances the effects and it did . the only paper referenced in the patent with minoxidil didnt have anything about dermarolling. this product has the potential to create new hair follicles and some are terminal on human scalp. there could be other compounds in their topical.

can we set up an interview with those people. any one in boston or NY area would volunteer to interview the Dr or follica themselves.

The pictures in the report that mentions the 3rd party research are lifted straight from the indian study. Unless they are trying to mislead their investors you can pretty much conclude that it is that study.

Again swoop mentioned previously that any new compounds would have to be FDA approved which means clinical trials, but there aren't any.

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
The pictures in the report that mentions the 3rd party research are lifted straight from the indian study. Unless they are trying to mislead their investors you can pretty much conclude that it is that study.

Again swoop mentioned previously that any new compounds would have to be FDA approved which means clinical trials, but there aren't any.
i didn't see any pictures in the report. i remember reading on hairlosscure2020 that it was suspected they are referring to the indian study. anyhow, I mentioned before that there are many topical skin creams in the market with pure growth factors. not analogues but actual growth factors derived from stem cells. histogen has one based on their fibroblast conditioned media technology. this cream is already in use by many clinics. it could be that follica is using such growth factors in their at home topical formulation. as "that guy" mentioned, the mobile app screenshot reveal more than one compound. the puretech report I read didn't mention anything about potential topicals, but it is a possibility. I don't want this treatment to die. it creates new follicles that produces terminal hairs on human scalp. the combination of follica and histogen and/or replicel might present a full cure to many if all goes well. it certainly has potential.

lets not turn this into another brotzu fiasco and stop speculating, bashing or have unrealistic hopes.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is in all our best interest that Follica and the others work out.

Best to be patient, open minded and supportive

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Right, because Donald Trump and some football player have similar reputations in the academic community to a leading researcher at one of the most exclusive, elite, and respected universities in the world.

Some of you guys are nuts.

I did not say that football players and Donald Trump have the exact same type of reputation as academic researchers do. I was making a point about human nature. My point is that if people can use their reputations to make money by endorsing products many people will do so whether they know much about those products or not. And this includes respected researchers. Please see this article.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...studded-advisory-board-of-anti-aging-company/

Last edited:

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i didn't see any pictures in the report. i remember reading on hairlosscure2020 that it was suspected they are referring to the indian study. anyhow, I mentioned before that there are many topical skin creams in the market with pure growth factors. not analogues but actual growth factors derived from stem cells. histogen has one based on their fibroblast conditioned media technology. this cream is already in use by many clinics. it could be that follica is using such growth factors in their at home topical formulation. as "that guy" mentioned, the mobile app screenshot reveal more than one compound. the puretech report I read didn't mention anything about potential topicals, but it is a possibility. I don't want this treatment to die. it creates new follicles that produces terminal hairs on human scalp. the combination of follica and histogen and/or replicel might present a full cure to many if all goes well. it certainly has potential.

lets not turn this into another brotzu fiasco and stop speculating, bashing or have unrealistic hopes.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...le-mentions-follica.99937/page-4#post-1360894

I'm not speculating anything, everyone is.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, Follica used pictures from the Dhurat study in their documents, and noted it was covered by their IP.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
A simple, "No, I don't understand what I'm talking about and I can't defend my position" would have sufficed.

Please continue posting your nonsensical, illogical fears, and telling us how Donald Trump and Dr. Oz are just like an Ivy League research scientists who has everything to lose - including their licenses to practice, their tenure, and credibility to teach and be employed - by pushing a scam.

Hey bonehead, my point was never that Trump and football players are the exact same as research scientists in respect to their reputations, jobs, or station in life. My point is that Trump and football players are the same as research scientists in that they are all human beings. And using your reputation to sell products is a human nature thing. Read the article below and zip it.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...studded-advisory-board-of-anti-aging-company/

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey bonehead, my point was never that Trump and football players are the exact same as research scientists in terms of their jobs or station in life. My point is that Trump and football players are the same as researchers in the respect that they are all human beings, and using your reputation to sell products is a human nature thing. Read the article below and zip it.

Unless you pray to cots like oculus, there's no reason even acknowledging his comments bro. The dude is an egotistical prick that utilizes awful reasoning to belittle others in order to make up for his own short comings in what I can only assume is every aspect of his life...

Anyone not looking to literally attack every comment in order to argue knew what you were getting at, so no need explain yourself nameless! We all hope it works, but apparently nobody is allowed to bring up their worries unless they want to answer to oculus...

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score

https://www.google.com/patents/WO20...ved=0ahUKEwjR_LP1p-nNAhVFeD4KHWzaB6EQ6AEISTAG

I run through a patent posted on that thread. there is a table that says they acheived 13.27% increase in non-vellus hairs at 3 months this is only using skin perturbation. some of it is actually lost after 6 months but still above baseline. I guess this is why they are adding a topical to the system. to maintain results and enhance outcomes. it was actually tested on mice and enhanced the outcome. I guess this is what they are trialing now. I hope there are more than one compound as the other patent describes which is an EGFR inhibitor.

there is so much potential here. this method could start with wounding and minoxidil and then they continue improving through research. another thing is I wonder if frequent wounding at different times, say every six months or less, would enhance the results and add more to the previous wounding.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/patents/WO2012078649A1?cl=en&dq=inassignee:"Follica,+Inc"&hair loss=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjR_LP1p-nNAhVFeD4KHWzaB6EQ6AEISTAG

I run through a patent posted on that thread. there is a table that says they acheived 13.27% increase in non-vellus hairs at 3 months this is only using skin perturbation. some of it is actually lost after 6 months but still above baseline. I guess this is why they are adding a topical to the system. to maintain results and enhance outcomes. it was actually tested on mice and enhanced the outcome. I guess this is what they are trialing now. I hope there are more than one compound as the other patent describes which is an EGFR inhibitor.

there is so much potential here. this method could start with wounding and minoxidil and then they continue improving through research. another thing is I wonder if frequent wounding at different times, say every six months or less, would enhance the results and add more to the previous wounding.

If there are different compounds they intend to use they must already be FDA approved if they intend to launch within a year or two. For people who are NW3+ a functional cure really needs be on the other side 40% increase in baseline. I've not seen anything outside of Tsuji that gives me hope, at best in the next few years we get to maintain and gain something until the big bazooka cure comes along.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@That Guy

I realize its super hard for you to come up with an extra 4 words so your title meets the minimum length, so I did it for you:

"Dr. Tweets Follica Pics After Visiting Follica Office"

It was really difficult and hard ... cuz ... Thinking is hard. I know. But I managed it.

Don't title your threads like you did with this one again. "...Seven God Damn Words"

That gets pulled into Google and becomes the official title across countless mediums where this thread will be spidered.

Use your brain and think of another 4 words next time.

The reason the minimum is there is because folks like yourself write horrible titles on important threads and nobody reads them, because in Google this is what people see:

Propecia or min
I hate this

dr tweets follica pics

Brad Pitt
minoxidil
im done here

my hair

Longer more descriptive titles help pages rank better, and more importantly, encourage people to click and read, participate, get help, and grow the community.

Admin