Dr. Tweets Follica Pics After Visiting Follica Office

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A dermatologist from New York by the name of Dhaval Bhanusali tweeted this picture after visiting follicas Boston office today and stated that he is excited for the future.

C3G4DG-WIAAXoTM.jpg

Hopefully this is a good sign

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
If they are already courting the derms who will be selling this, I'm revising my timeline - Follica will be available by 2020. The question now is, how much hair can it grow? One Norwood? Two NWs? This news is so exciting, that I'm actually going to give That Guy an up vote.

Poor Dr. Bhanusali - he's about to be inundated by phone calls from board members.
2018*

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like they are ready to sell the treatment, they are only waiting for the final results to publish

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm aware of how Replicel and Histogen work. Can someone explain to me how Follica is supposed to work? I'm unfamiliar with it.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm aware of how Replicel and Histogen work. Can someone explain to me how Follica is supposed to work? I'm unfamiliar with it.

The exact method is at present a tight-lipped bit of info.

However, it involves skin disruption and a mixture of growth stimulating compunds.

It's been known for decades that wounds, left to heal without intervention can grow hair. This research revolves around the window of opportunity where what would regenerate as skin can be influenced to become hair instead

luiza

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't use Twitter anymore. Could some of you try to get some info from this guy? Maybe ask him if he thinks that can grow a lot of hair.
Since he doesn't work for Follica he may let something escape (?) :)

Last edited:

travisissavedbygrace7

My Regimen
Reaction score
The exact method is at present a tight-lipped bit of info.

However, it involves skin disruption and a mixture of growth stimulating compunds.

It's been known for decades that wounds, left to heal without intervention can grow hair. This research revolves around the window of opportunity where what would regenerate as skin can be influenced to become hair instead

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
they already have packaging...

i don't know i think it will be available relatively soon but i am feeling less enthusiastic as it seems like they are so focused on packaging and marketing--that Dr works for ABC and is a wannabe celeb DR...may i remind you that another DR who works for ABC and is a 'celeb' Dr promotes PRP.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
they already have packaging...

i don't know i think it will be available relatively soon but i am feeling less enthusiastic as it seems like they are so focused on packaging and marketing--that Dr works for ABC and is a wannabe celeb DR...may i remind you that another DR who works for ABC and is a 'celeb' Dr promotes PRP.

hmmm possible but I don't think so. If someone is so tight lipped he definetely has something. If I were in his position and If I knew I have something that can destroy all other hair loss product companies I would do absolutely the same. Silence then Attack! There is a huge power behind such a behaviour.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah but the roll out is odd. Sorry.

why is he STILL so tight lipped about it if he has packaging perfected.

they are tweeting packaging...why not tweet studies or photos.

its odd from a business perspective its kind of weird.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah but the roll out is odd. Sorry.

why is he STILL so tight lipped about it if he has packaging perfected.

they are tweeting packaging...why not tweet studies or photos.

its odd from a business perspective its kind of weird.

LoL but seriously... If it is really crap then that's fukcing embarassing... More than 10 years of research and being tight lipped to release crap xD. I bet nobody can believe this. The question is not if it works... it's how efficient is it?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
LoL but seriously... If it is really crap then that's fukcing embarassing... More than 10 years of research and being tight lipped to release crap xD. I bet nobody can believe this. The question is not if it works... it's how efficient is it?

i don't know if its crap i just don't know if its going to be better than what is already available.

I hope i am wrong...im doing really well with minoxidil but little extra density would not be a bad thing.

i would totally do Folic if it can add some good density.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
If they are already courting the derms who will be selling this, I'm revising my timeline - Follica will be available by 2020. The question now is, how much hair can it grow? One Norwood? Two NWs? This news is so exciting, that I'm actually going to give That Guy an up vote.

Probably should be ready for release quickly after the clinical trial is over. The device/procedure is pretty vanilla. The big question is still unanswered - does it work? lol

The devices based on that angle look similar to the mockups.

Btw, if anyone reading is a dermatologist...Follica's website has a link for "partners".

resu

Reaction score
It even has a phone app, the marketing is easy to read unlike a drug like Breezula (no marketing), they must have something up their sleeves and want this to be very popular as in "the thing to get if you're balding".