Dr. Proctor- Snake-oil'n since (at least) 1987..

Experienced Member
Reaction score
israelite said:
2020 said:
Jacob said:
2020..seriously...why did you bother coming in this thread to try to say I was "Bryan"....tell me I'm jumping in threads- which you do yourself..etc?

My last comment to you in this thread- this isn't about proving Bryan wrong. Although that's easy to do.

YOU ALWAYS ARGUE WITH HIM. WHY!!?!? WHATS THE POINT???
:jackit:

what's up. you forgot to post something :innocent:

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2020 please stop it. You dont have to read. There are literally 100's of threads. Go and read and partake of them if you dont like what you find here.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2020, do one.

Bryan has been getting away with murder here for years, but it now seems quite a few of us are sick of it and aren't going to let him continue to spam his snakeoil unchecked.

Sure it seems he has a free pass to continue to post for some reason, but at least he now can't get away with it without a followup post from someone to cast an appropriate level of skepticism on his claims (the appropriate level being 'f*****g massive amounts').

Stay out of it if you're not interested, but people who are tempted to take Bryan at his word are at least now getting fair warning to not waste their cash and that's a good thing.

Jacob

Reaction score
Another snake-oil sales-pitch is that the minoxidil in the product(regular Proxiphen) doesn't even do much..or do anything at all. Brought up every time someone mentions the crap contains minoxidil and that's probably what makes it grow any hair, if it does...and/or that you could just as well save money and buy any other minoxidil product, since there's no evidence for the product doing any better than plain minoxidil.

Some recent quotes on this issue(from Bryan, of course):

Proxiphen is UNQUESTIONABLY more successful than Rogaine by itself! In fact, of the dozen or so ingredients in Proxiphen, minoxidil could very well be the LEAST important of them all!

He didn't "admit" that it won't be absorbed, my friend, he discovered and then admitted at a later date (after actual testing) that a version WITHOUT minoxidil seemed to be as effective as the regular version WITH minoxidil. The idea that it isn't absorbed is MY theory, not Dr. Proctor's, and I think it's a very reasonable one. Any person who believes that minoxidil is a key ingredient in Proxiphen is the one who has some explaining to do.

That's one of my favorites. You gotta believe Dr. Proctor! "after actual testing"...just like the comprehensive 3 year clinical study mentioned in that 1987 ad!

Tons of other quotes out there.

Jacob

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to "capture" those ads/pictures in the first posts in this thread..so they can be posted as a jpg or whatever?

eclipsegum

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Does anyone know how to "capture" those ads/pictures in the first posts in this thread..so they can be posted as a jpg or whatever?

Alt+ctrl+print screen takes a screen shot of the window you are on.

ctrl+print screen takes screen shot of your whole desktop

Then you can paste into MS paint and crop as needed.

If you are using mac I have no clue, but I am sure the late Steve Jobs would describe the process as magical.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The print screen (prnt) button takes a picture of your entire desktop, control (ctrl) + print screen does the same as print screen as the control button does nothing when you press the print screen button. You can print screen the browser by selecting it and press alt + print screen.

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm not getting an option to "paste" in MS paint. Ctrl V doesn't work either. Anyone care to send them to me via email(pm me) or put them on a hosting site yourself? :hmmm:

Jacob

Reaction score
Yes...Thank You :punk: Now if those book pages happen to disappear :whistle: we still have the ads. Nice being able to just post them anyway.

drp1.png

drp2.png

oldmpber

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe in treating people the same way they treat me, so I got to stand up for Dr. P just a bit. When i first got on the net close to 20 years ago , he was on Usenet and I have to say was most helpful for answering my numerous ?s about male pattern baldness. He helped plenty of other people as well and never asked for anything in return. This went on for years till usenet got taken over by spam.
I am not saying he was 100% right all the time but much of what he said I later confirmed in journals found my local library. As far as his meds go, I was a broke kid so I never tried them so I can't say how they were. The general feel I got was they were enhanced minoxidil. Some claimed good results,some were not happy. Same as minoxidil I guess. But I don't think it's fair to compare a modern drug to one from the 80's. If you were alive during that time you would know just how dire things were as far as male pattern baldness was concerned. There was not much out there till minoxidil came along and it was hard to get till the late 90's. Some of my older relatives were basically helpless about going bald because there were no treatments to stop it. So you gotta keep that in mind.

And about the other guy you keep talking about": It was probably around 10 years ago that some people were giving him a hard time for having a bald spot. But he apparently had been using Dr. P's treatment for about 20 years and had only progressed mildly over time. He was also about 50 years old and to me that is saying something if you can slow down progression over a long period of time especially at that age when male pattern baldness tries to kick in overdrive for a lot of guys. Guess what I am trying to say is you got to kept things in perspective for the time period in question. I am sure one day finasteride will be considered dated too..

Cheers...

Jacob

Reaction score
Wow...a newbie...2nd post. But we can't be cynical :shakehead:

Not surprised you never tried the crap either. And nothing about all that knowledge from Proctor curing your hair loss. I apologize for being...err...cynical. But I do thank you for admitting that any "results" posted back then were no different than regular minoxidil..."Same as minoxidil I guess"..as you said.

You said: "If you were alive during that time you would know just how dire things were as far as male pattern baldness was concerned." ....All the more reason why what Proctor said and did..and what's in his ads from that time...is/are SHAMEFUL. Before/after pictures that are ridiculous for that amount of time..and talk about a comprehensive three year study that never happened. Did you notice the post above where Proctor couldn't provide any info on that study? We were told to ask him..well, he's been asked. Then and now...snake-oil'n.

"The other guy"...Bryan..did not use the crap that long. He supposedly used it for a whopping two years..then dabbled with some experimental stuff(since the Prox-N worked so great!) as well as regular Prox(that must have worked great too!) That was all over 12 years ago. Even now he doesn't even use the NANO shampoo. And these days he won't post those goofy before/afters, even though he loves to bring them up.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
This was forwarded to me- Proctor's (non)response to that "comprehensive three year clinical study"(ignore the B's in the email..unless you want to put an S behind each one.):

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/8182194/img/8182194.jpg

Asked again about that "study":

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/8182259/img/8182259.jpg

...not even a reply back from Proctor.

I can't wait for Bryan response to the above.

If it proves anything it proves that Dr P lied about a 3 year trial. If he lied about the 3 year trial you have to wonder what else he has lied about. His reputation has taken a hit.

It's only fair that Bryan can only recommend the product but can't speak about anything else about Prox from here on. Any other claims he makes e.g works better than finasteride and minoxidil has validity concerns, and he can't make any claims of a 3 year trial.

Jacob

Reaction score
He shouldn't be mentioning it all anymore...period. He's been shill'n the crap for 15+ years. Anybody else would have been shut up the first week..or even day.

There are so many other things Proctor has lied about and/or just doesn't have the evidence for. They're mentioned in this thread..maybe a condensed version will be posted in the future :woot:

Jacob

Reaction score
Still no response on the (nonexistent) comprehensive 3 year clinical study.

But then again...none of the frauds 'n lies brought up here are being defended..because they can't be. Only- "you don't believe a doctor?" etc nonsense.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Has that ridiculous snakeoil-peddling bore finally retired from these forums?

Oh happy day :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow this is disgraceful. that is just blatant false advertising.

repeatedly making claims that proxiphen is better than finasteride+minoxidil is just outlandish with _NO_ studies to back it. You cant just be like, we have to "trust" Dr Proctor. Sorry but no one else gets this sort of latitude from bryan, so why should Proctor?

Furthermore his credibility in order for us to trust him is now sorely tarnished due to this blatant false advertising.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
blaze said:
wow this is disgraceful. that is just blatant false advertising.

repeatedly making claims that proxiphen is better than finasteride+minoxidil is just outlandish with _NO_ studies to back it. You cant just be like, we have to "trust" Dr Proctor. Sorry but no one else gets this sort of latitude from bryan, so why should Proctor?

Furthermore his credibility in order for us to trust him is now sorely tarnished due to this blatant false advertising.

HORSESHIT. I just finished a series of posts about those very things, over on HLH. Read what I say over there. It's currently at the top of the stack over there, and appropriately named.