Dr. Proctor- Snake-oil'n since (at least) 1987..

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you going to address the subject of the post?

It's pretty damning evidence I think. I've stayed away from these debates the entire time I've been a member of these boards but that's the nail in the coffin for me.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thom said:

Are you speaking to me?

Thom said:
It's pretty damning evidence I think. I've stayed away from these debates the entire time I've been a member of these boards but that's the nail in the coffin for me.

What are you talking about?

Jacob

Reaction score
Thom said:

Don't even bother with his playing(?) dumb.

Bryan is a shill for Proctor and his products. He's been shill 'n spam'n the crap for 15+ years. There are plenty of doctors with hair loss products out there. With patents on their ingreds/products as well. In fact, one of those doctors..Dr. Lee..for all these years.. has been bashed and ridiculed and questioned by Bryan. Bryan wants us to just trust and believe Proctor because he's a Dr, but isn't consistent when it comes to other Drs and their products. There is no evidence for Proctor's/Bryan's claims or wishes. Not only has Proctor not said which specific cu peptides are used, but he and Bryan also talk about "mysterious ingredients" that are not in the ingreds list(s). Snake-oil talk that is supposed to get you even more excited about the products. The same goes for their- "better bang for the buck" talk regarding getting the non-prescription products from places outside of Proctor's website. They want you to believe those cheaper versions are lite/watered-down...are you really going to purchase a lite/watered-down version of a product for something so difficult to treat as male pattern baldness? Buy the "more potent" crap directly from Proctor and he makes a bit more money. And to top it all off...Bryan doesn't even use the products himself, and hasn't since he supposedly did so well on one of them probably 15 years ago! He's pushing crap he supposedly doesn't even use- so don't bother asking him for updated before/afters. For all the reasons above..he should have been laughed out of these forums years ago.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=72217&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Thom said:

Are you speaking to me?

Thom said:

Yes, at least address this 3-year study that doesn't appear to have even taken place. If this guy has made so much progress since the year I was born (86), why hasn't he achieved more widespread success?

and any theories about conspiracies from the bigger companies will be ignored.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thom said:
Bryan said:

Yes, at least address this 3-year study that doesn't appear to have even taken place.

I don't know anything about the more than 26-year-old study that Dr. Proctor mentioned in that old magazine advertisement. Sorry. If you want to know more about it, I guess you'll have to call him or email him about it, and get more information.

Thom said:
If this guy has made so much progress since the year I was born (86), why hasn't he achieved more widespread success?

Probably because the stuff is expensive. I always mention its expense when I talk about Proxiphen! I wish Dr. Proctor's products were a lot cheaper, so that more people could take advantage of them...

Jacob

Reaction score
Actually they're not any more expensive than a lot of things used and being used. Especially when you get to the non-prescription snake-oil. If it worked so well ppl wouldn't care about the price.

Here's all you need to know about the comprehensive 3 year clinical study: It never happened. Something like that would have been talked about and pushed(by you for sure) from day one. That ad was the beginning of Proctor's snake-oil journey.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have always respected Bryan as a poster, as he is very knowledgeable. But Jacob has brought his integrity into question in a major way that hard to refute.

I agree with Jacab. Bryans has repeatedly over the years DEMANDED evidence for everything. One product Bryan rips all the time is Fluridil. He said surely there should have been some independent testing done on this substance by now and until it does I wont believe it works or even is an anitandrogen.

But why is Prox-N and Proxiphen not put up to this scrutiny? There have been no indepenent studies. Not even any by proctor.

I think Bryan is a shill for proctors products too. The evidence is just overwhelming. Ive had my issues with Jacob here and there, but he seems like a decent guy. Good detective work.

I think Bryan should be banned from pushing proctors products. If the product really is that good it will speak for itself.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
I have always respected Bryan as a poster, as he is very knowledgeable. But Jacob has brought his integrity into question in a major way that hard to refute.

I agree with Jacab. Bryans has repeatedly over the years DEMANDED evidence for everything. One product Bryan rips all the time is Fluridil. He said surely there should have been some independent testing done on this substance by now and until it does I wont believe it works or even is an anitandrogen.

But why is Prox-N and Proxiphen not put up to this scrutiny? There have been no indepenent studies. Not even any by proctor.

I think Bryan is a shill for proctors products too. The evidence is just overwhelming. Ive had my issues with Jacob here and there, but he seems like a decent guy. Good detective work.

I think Bryan should be banned from pushing proctors products. If the product really is that good it will speak for itself.

Unfortunately you appear to be right. I say he's free to speak his mind though until he starts posting links for people to buy the snake oil.

Jacob

Reaction score
2020..many feel the same way about you.

Especially this thread- DON'T READ IT if it bothers you so.

And if 2020 continues...I would suggest no one respond to him..as it'll be an excuse to lock the thread.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This thread was started by Jacob, so he didn't take over any discussion. As for this thread, I think his findings were relevant too.

Jacob

Reaction score
Usually when something is pushed this OBVIOUSly...the person is banned, not just prevented from pushing it. Not only that..but the products names are then censored from the forums. In this case it's been going on for over 15 years.

Something odd..not right..is going on here. It's not just the hair loss forums. You have Will Brink pushing the crap, from the beginning, it seems. Doesn't have much to say when you ask him to explain why. Even tries to hide behind the prescription Prox...which doesn't work because he then can't explain why for that one, either. Then you find posts at alt.baldspot with him going after those that question Proctor and/or the products.

Then there's LEF- Life Extension Foundation. They've been selling the crap for years and years. You ask them why?- they mention Proctor's expertise and his patents. You point out other Dr's, even TRICHOLOGISTS, with products..also with patents..and they don't have much to say. I would even say they're playing dumb, given some of the responses and non-responses to questions or things I pointed out...which included a nice list of products that they could look into, as well as what they had to say about Proctor running around saying there are ingredients in the products that aren't on the label. They were also unaware of Proctor's/Bryan's claim that what they, LEF, sells is a Lite/watered-down version. They got confirmation from Proctor(what's he going to say-no, I never said that! ?) but that's about all they said- they went back to playing dumb when questions were asked about it.

They must make a killing for each bottle sold, otherwise why else not just sell Tricomin? This is LEF...the group that is constantly researching and updating their products based on that research. And yet they stick with a bunch of crap that has been around for decades, when it comes to hair loss. Maybe someone else will have better luck getting explanations from them: http://www.lef.org/Health-Wellness/LEFSurvey/ContactUs.aspx

BTW..another example of the snake-oil'n is- on many of the sites selling the crap, and even at places such as Hairsite....they say "Proxiphen is a prescription formula topical cream that has not yet received FDA approval" or "Proxiphen - prescription formula, not yet FDA approved." Making it sound like it's going for FDA approval. You should be IMPRESSED :shakehead:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Usually when something is pushed this OBVIOUSly...the person is banned, not just prevented from pushing it. Not only that..but the products names are then censored from the forums. In this case it's been going on for over 15 years.

Something odd..not right..is going on here. It's not just the hair loss forums. You have Will Brink pushing the crap, from the beginning, it seems. Doesn't have much to say when you ask him to explain why. Even tries to hide behind the prescription Prox...which doesn't work because he then can't explain why for that one, either. Then you find posts at alt.baldspot with him going after those that question Proctor and/or the products.

Then there's LEF- Life Extension Foundation. They've been selling the crap for years and years. You ask them why?- they mention Proctor's expertise and his patents. You point out other Dr's, even TRICHOLOGISTS, with products..also with patents..and they don't have much to say. I would even say they're playing dumb, given some of the responses and non-responses to questions or things I pointed out...which included a nice list of products that they could look into, as well as what they had to say about Proctor running around saying there are ingredients in the products that aren't on the label. They were also unaware of Proctor's/Bryan's claim that what they, LEF, sells is a Lite/watered-down version. They got confirmation from Proctor(what's he going to say-no, I never said that! ?) but that's about all they said- they went back to playing dumb when questions were asked about it.

They must make a killing for each bottle sold, otherwise why else not just sell Tricomin? This is LEF...the group that is constantly researching and updating their products based on that research. And yet they stick with a bunch of crap that has been around for decades, when it comes to hair loss. Maybe someone else will have better luck getting explanations from them: http://www.lef.org/Health-Wellness/LEFSurvey/ContactUs.aspx

BTW..another example of the snake-oil'n is- on many of the sites selling the crap, and even at places such as Hairsite....they say "Proxiphen is a prescription formula topical cream that has not yet received FDA approval" or "Proxiphen - prescription formula, not yet FDA approved." Making it sound like it's going for FDA approval. You should be IMPRESSED :shakehead:

THIS THIS THIS!! Why did you even bother writing all this crap in order to prove Bryan wrong??? Why can't you just ignore him!! Why the arguing?? HE WILL NEVER ADMIT HE'S WRONG AND YOU WILL NEVER ADMIT IT EITHER. NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE. VIN DIESEL SLEPT WITH MY WIFE. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME.

Jacob

Reaction score
2020..seriously...why did you bother coming in this thread to try to say I was "Bryan"....tell me I'm jumping in threads- which you do yourself..etc?

My last comment to you in this thread- this isn't about proving Bryan wrong. Although that's easy to do.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
2020..seriously...why did you bother coming in this thread to try to say I was "Bryan"....tell me I'm jumping in threads- which you do yourself..etc?

My last comment to you in this thread- this isn't about proving Bryan wrong. Although that's easy to do.

YOU ALWAYS ARGUE WITH HIM. WHY!!?!? WHATS THE POINT???

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
Jacob said:

YOU ALWAYS ARGUE WITH HIM. WHY!!?!? WHATS THE POINT???
:jackit: