Dr. Hakan ********* 2835 Grafts FUE

Reaction score
Other than that, I'm looking forward to your continued progress, and I'm excited for my hair restoration. :)

Hi Agustin, just wondering what Norwood you are right now? How fast would your NW6 pace go if you weren't on a regimen? Good to read that the medication is working for you. In 3 years time will you do your transplant in Turkey as well? I plan to do so.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure thing Swoop! :punk:

In three years from now, I would like to get a hair transplant, particularly an FUE. My hair has been holding well with my regimen and I'm still getting regrowth. Even though baldness is progressive, it's nice we have treatments where some of us are actually able to delay and even reverse the condition, and from there is where the hair transplants come in to restore areas that didn't fill in completely when one gets good results, like your case for example. I'm aware you're currently on RU58841, are you still using around a 7-8 percent solution? Also, are you on any 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors to promote better maintenance?

Swoop, as I previously mentioned, what I'd like to do is get an FUE in three years right now, that is if I know for sure my hair will be stable in the long term. What I plan on doing is to reinforce an incredibly thick powerful Norwood 2 hairline so when my hair is styled forward, it looks youthful, and when styled back, the masculine frame is present, but does not look receded in any way. I also plan to strongly reinforce my temple points since they're very thin, and also reinforce density on the entire top of my head since I have lost hair a Norwood 6 pattern. From there on, I'll be able to style my hair however I please, and be happy with it. I always keep in mind that density, frame, and maintenance are the keys for best results. I also keep in mind that the grafts will need to be transplanted close to each other for healthy density and good results, if not otherwise it will look like a tuft of thin hair going across the head when styled how ever it's like.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to your continued progress, and I'm excited for my hair restoration. :)

I'm currently on 1,5ml 5% RU. But I'm going to be experimenting a bit now with cycling finasteride and RU. Either way I react very good to both 5ar2 inhibitors and anti-androgens and don't suspect much problems at all for the coming years. Using a single compound should be enough for me to maintain. If not, I will just make my regimen stronger but don't see the need for that now. It's kinda nice actually to be on a minimum maintenance treatment. The thing is I don't really need any regrowth at all anymore. I just need to make sure I don't lose hair. I keep a sharp eye on this.

Seems like a very solid plan btw! You can even think with undergoing a hair transplant sooner because you are on such a solid strong regimen. However as you are still seeing improvement it's probably smarter to wait a bit longer indeed. Taking the time is never a bad thing actually with a hair transplant imo. From the pictures I saw you are a pretty good candidate because you still rock a solid forelock. That forelock will help you to support newly transplanted grafts for a even denser look. I think you will get great results Agustin :punk:!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Agustin, just wondering what Norwood you are right now? How fast would your NW6 pace go if you weren't on a regimen? Good to read that the medication is working for you. In 3 years time will you do your transplant in Turkey as well? I plan to do so.

I am roughly an approximate Norwood 2.25 with a diffused Norwood 6 pattern. I would've been a completely slick Norwood 6 by age 20/21 if I did absolutely nothing to treat my Male Pattern Baldness when I first started losing hair at age 16. Yes, medication has been working well for me, and I've had no side effects. In three years time, I may like to get an FUE in Turkey, they have have high quality state of the art hair transplants for reasonably cheap prices.

I'm currently on 1,5ml 5% RU. But I'm going to be experimenting a bit now with cycling finasteride and RU. Either way I react very good to both 5ar2 inhibitors and anti-androgens and don't suspect much problems at all for the coming years. Using a single compound should be enough for me to maintain. If not, I will just make my regimen stronger but don't see the need for that now. It's kinda nice actually to be on a minimum maintenance treatment. The thing is I don't really need any regrowth at all anymore. I just need to make sure I don't lose hair. I keep a sharp eye on this.

Seems like a very solid plan btw! You can even think with undergoing a hair transplant sooner because you are on such a solid strong regimen. However as you are still seeing improvement it's probably smarter to wait a bit longer indeed. Taking the time is never a bad thing actually with a hair transplant imo. From the pictures I saw you are a pretty good candidate because you still rock a solid forelock. That forelock will help you to support newly transplanted grafts for a even denser look. I think you will get great results Agustin :punk:!

Alright, good for you Swoop that you're maintaining well on a 5% solution of RU58841, perhaps cycling with Finasteride may be very beneficial for you. Other than, there'll be no need for a stronger regimen if you're genuinely maintaining well using a single compound. It's always a good idea to keep maintenance as simple as possible, but for cases of male pattern baldness such as mine, the 'big guns' will need to be brought out, which I already took action about. Definitely keep on a look out that you don't keep losing any native hair.

I could go for a hair transplant sooner, though I am waiting for all my native hair to recover to the fullest potential, and then from there I'll take action with an FUE to fill in areas where regrowth will never come in. Me personally, I will not attempt to rush my hair restoration in any way, this is something that cannot be forced on quickly and I'm willing to be patient with it for the next coming years. Yes, I am on a solid strong regimen. I take 0.5 mg of oral Dutasteride every day in the form of a capsule, I use a 1% Ketoconazole shampoo daily, I use 5% Minoxidil twice daily and use plenty during every application in a Norwood 6 pattern, and I use a 10% solution RU58841 using a 40/60 vehicle of Ethanol and Propylene Glycol, and I use 2 milliliters once daily which is also applied topically in a Norwood 6 Pattern, so that's a total of 200 milligrams daily from the experimental anti-androgen.

Even with the regimen I'm on, I would still like to make it stronger, my next target of treatment is to add a PGD2 inhibitor, and will like to administer it orally if the scientific clinical studies prove it's a safe and effective way in that manner, and also that is if Setipiprant proves to work for that type of therapy for treating Androgenic Alopecia.

I do look forward to strengthen my forelock, and I believe I'll get great results if I continue following the path I'm on. Thank you for your support Swoop. :)

Reaction score
I am roughly an approximate Norwood 2.25 with a diffused Norwood 6 pattern. I would've been a completely slick Norwood 6 by age 20/21 if I did absolutely nothing to treat my Male Pattern Baldness when I first started losing hair at age 16. Yes, medication has been working well for me, and I've had no side effects. In three years time, I may like to get an FUE in Turkey, they have have high quality state of the art hair transplants for reasonably cheap prices.

Wow, I hope the meds will keep doing their job - I'm sure they will. I'm also a NW2.25 but looking at my family I'm probably destined to NW3 - 3.5, lucky enough for me.

I'm also very impressed by the FUEs performed in Turkey - I find the results even better than most renowned Western Europe results. Like Swoop's transplant for example, but I have seen many more. Good luck.

Reaction score
Excuse me for double posting, but I have one last question for you Swoop: how much did they lower your hairline? It's hard for me to judge by the pictures, but I'm guessing about 0.5 cm? Thanks in advance for a reply.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Excuse me for double posting, but I have one last question for you Swoop: how much did they lower your hairline? It's hard for me to judge by the pictures, but I'm guessing about 0.5 cm? Thanks in advance for a reply.

Barely actually. Maybe 0.1-0.2 CM at max :).

jd_uk

Reaction score
Swoop, first off great results.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind..

Do you know what area you had transpanted (square centimetres)? And what density (grafts per square centimetre) was transplanted?

Does the density of the transplanted area seem noticeably different to the native hair which you have left next to it before you have styled it? E.g first thing in the morning?

Finally...if/when you lose more hair e.g. the native island in the middle and back, is this something that you will have enough grafts to cover do you think?

Sorry for all the questions...i have considered similar but worry about not being happy with the results and being left with an unnatural appearance in the future if i lose more hair. Restoring temples and predicting future hair loss seems like such a difficult thing to do. I wish that i could find some middle ground where i could have maybe a lowish density, conservative hairline corner transplant which doesn't look bad if i lose a lot more hair and can't for whatever reason have another transplant.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop, first off great results.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind..

Do you know what area you had transpanted (square centimetres)? And what density (grafts per square centimetre) was transplanted?

Does the density of the transplanted area seem noticeably different to the native hair which you have left next to it before you have styled it? E.g first thing in the morning?

Finally...if/when you lose more hair e.g. the native island in the middle and back, is this something that you will have enough grafts to cover do you think?

Sorry for all the questions...i have considered similar but worry about not being happy with the results and being left with an unnatural appearance in the future if i lose more hair. Restoring temples and predicting future hair loss seems like such a difficult thing to do. I wish that i could find some middle ground where i could have maybe a lowish density, conservative hairline corner transplant which doesn't look bad if i lose a lot more hair and can't for whatever reason have another transplant.

Thanks and sorry for the late response man. Didn't see your reply! I don't know how big the area was. The density was maximum I think it was around ~60+/cm2. I had to go for the highest density because I have pretty thin hair.

When my hair is really wild after sleeping yes the density does seem a bit different. Obviously no surgeon could replicate my native hair density, that is just impossible to do. However it doesn't bother me because the result looks very natural. Besides that my hair is styled most of the day anyway. I jump in the shower and after that I style my hair :).

If I will lose hair I will just go for another hair transplant. I doubt that will happen in the next 5 years though. I think I have about 2500 grafts left so that is still pretty nice. At the very least I should be safe for the next 5-10 years with the grafts I have left. Remember I'm on a anti-androgen too.

I get your point. It really depends on your hair loss. Is it aggressive? Has it stabilized? What Norwood at what age are you? Ideally you want to really stabilize your hair loss. Are you on finasteride? If your hair loss isn't stabilized you will be probably looking at multiple procedures. Questions you should really ask yourself.

No problem btw, happy to answer your questions.

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Swoop, great results do you have any product in your hair or is that just still wet from a shower?

i have thin hair like yourself and if I apply product it tends to look thin and sticks together.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Swoop, great results do you have any product in your hair or is that just still wet from a shower?

i have thin hair like yourself and if I apply product it tends to look thin and sticks together.

Thanks mate. Jup it is a product I have in my hair. I linked the product here. It's called "parucci funky styler". Very nice matte wax. I really like it myself.

shookwun

Reaction score
Great result Swoop, but I don't see any characteristics of your hair that would be considered thin. Hair looks dense, thick and has bangs that sweep.

Most thin hair tends to clump, and not have a natural sweep.

As for the density of native and transplanted hair. it will never match but should blend in fine...... Most typical hair style which compliments a hair transplant well tends to be side sweep with bangs exposed.

The morning bed head, I can relate to also. Can definitely tell the difference between the forelock and transplanted temples

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great result Swoop, but I don't see any characteristics of your hair that would be considered thin. Hair looks dense, thick and has bangs that sweep.

Most thin hair tends to clump, and not have a natural sweep.

As for the density of native and transplanted hair. it will never match but should blend in fine...... Most typical hair style which compliments a hair transplant well tends to be side sweep with bangs exposed.

The morning bed head, I can relate to also. Can definitely tell the difference between the forelock and transplanted temples

Thanks man.

Yeah I agree with the blending part that's why I'm glad that I still have my native forelock. It really helps to let the transplanted hair blend in perfectly well.

Yeah well the morning bed head thing.. I don't care really though, I jump into the shower anyway in the morning and style my hair immediately after.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop, on your next update, can you please take the pics low enough of your head so we can see your eyebrows to compare with your hairline? I think there's some of us here who are just curious to know the size of your forehead to have an understanding of how accurately done your hair transplant is, even though we all know it's a job well done.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop, on your next update, can you please take the pics low enough of your head so we can see your eyebrows to compare with your hairline? I think there's some of us here who are just curious to know the size of your forehead to have an understanding of how accurately done your hair transplant is, even though we all know it's a job well done.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Well I PM'ed you Agustin so you could have a look at my lovely eyebrows ;). I will definitely update once more soon in this topic too. Will probably be around 14 months post-op. Your inbox is full btw Agustin, can't pm you.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I PM'ed you Agustin so you could have a look at my lovely eyebrows ;). I will definitely update once more soon in this topic too. Will probably be around 14 months post-op.

Alright Swoop, thanks for the pics showing the contrast of your eyebrows and restored hairline. :) Yes, the update will be neat when it comes along, I think more transplanted hair will have grown out.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Made this mini collage. Bottom 4 pics are just random pictures all ranging from approx 7-9 months I think (one out of bed look). First 4 pictures are pre-op (day before operation actually);

minicollage.jpg

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Just absolutely amazing results man.

You must feel ****ing great. Congratulations!

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this really just a result from the hair transplant or is RU (or your other treatments) somehow involved? Phenomenal result! Congratz!