Dr. Hakan ********* 2835 Grafts FUE

TowerT

Reaction score
New

Hey guys, read the post here. Great info and you all are obviously more educated on the hair loss field than me. I wanted to get a hair transplant for more than 3 years now. I imagined it would be far more expensive however. After seeing swoops results I would happily pay 5000 for that. Although I currently take nothing to maintain in any form, what would guys recommend is best ? Go for a hair transplant completely natural or best to start taking a 'regiment' first ?
I was going to upload pictures but I can't see how

TowerT

Reaction score
If you're Norwood 5 or 6 it might be better to go to Dr. De Reys. You should try minoxidil and nizoral at least.

This is the stage I am at.(what Norwood stage is it ?) As I say I've taken nothing to maintain or grow and I'm 29. This is wet hair and combed back, so looking its worst I guess. I want advice on starting a regiment or hair transplant first. Its the hairline I've the issue with and what I've lost, a regiment wont regrow I guess ? So perhaps the hair transplant is the first step ? Any advice greatly appreciated as I'm a complete nube but I've decided to take action and I want a hairline like swoop lol. Only interested in FUE I think. I dont like the scar aspect of FUT.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 808
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 804
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 782

TowerT

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm liking what I'm hearing about Dr De Reyes, the only thing holding me back currently is to see some of his work on a hairline like mine.
Also Vincent, what Norwood stage would you say I am ?

TowerT

Reaction score
Cheers, I am just asking about the Norwood scale to get the opinion of where I am ? Anything you guys say is going to be more accurate than a self assessment.
I have subsequently sent Dr. De Reys an online quote request and waiting to hear from that.
I am also happy De Reys seems ethical and considerate. I think this is where the Turkish doctors let themselves down (just my opinion from what I'm reading).
If I could see De Reys previous work on a case similar to mine (hairline restoration) and get more information on his after care, he will definitely be my choice. He would still be within my budget and I don't mind to pay a little more for the right Doctor.
Anyone else with any input or info/experience with Dr. De Reys, it would be greatly appreciated ?
Along with Norwood estimates ?

James_jackson

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for sharing your story. I had a transplant with Hakan ********* 2 weeks ago. So far I've been very happy with the experience. I was very nervous at first getting this done in turkey. I had a previous transplant of 1500 in North American, and wanted another procedures to thicken up. I found the staff very good, and found I have healed quicker then my previous surgery. Your story helped give me more confidence about going to turkey

TowerT

Reaction score
Does anybody here know about Hair Science Institute and their stem cell transplantation that allows you to transplant to the hairline without thinning the doner area ??? The short thread I spotted was from 6 years ago, so surely there must be a reason no one is talking about this ???

johnnybravo29

Reaction score
Hey Swoop, I saw the one month pic and the great early results at 5 months, but about when would you say that you started seeing regrowth? Obviously every person is a case to case basis, but I'm curious for someone's results at the same surgeon as mine.

wheresmyhairdude1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have similar hair loss and hair color as Swoop. Still I can't recommend ********* after all the events that transpired back at hair transplant network . com . Just google "Warning! If considering *********". Plus ********* uses micro motor for hair extraction from the donor area which is said to give larger scars. With manual extraction you get smaller scars which are sometimes invisible to the eye. All the best FUE surgeons like Feriduni and Erdogan ( although I wouldn't call Erdogan one of the best surgeons because he handpicks patients and doesn't operate them unless they accept to take propecia) use manual extraction. And ********* uses that damn pen choi implanter tool to implant grafts that nobody except him uses as far as I've seen. Somebody ought to be using it in Asia since it originated from there. Which doesn't have to mean it's a bad tool in the hands of a skilled surgeon but still it's not the best tool out there.

That being said I am considering him and Dr. De Reys for now. If Feriduni turns me down that is.

Hi mate,

I read the threads about ********* and have decided to rule him out. I just can't take the risk. I was also considering Demirsoy and Yaman and now I'm really unsure whether I should trust them at all (as they are cheaper and also use technicians). What do you think?

I am also considering De Reys, as he uses manual punch and does the work himself but like you say, some of his results haven't been fantastic (namely density). As a norwood 4, he quoted me 2500 grafts. Do you think that would be enough to restore me to a norwood 2/3 with a solid hairline?

At this stage I just want a surgeon I can trust. I'm not sure I can get that with Turkey?

avinash.crayappa

Reaction score
Hey Swoop, firstly congrats for the amazing results you got.
Considering that you are just 25 year old, wont the baldness progress to other areas eventually. This may result in an uneven look as the transplanted hairs wont fall. Did the doctor say that regular PRP can help in retaining the hairs which you have at present.

Sorry, but I am asking this because a doctor said this to me when I consulted for a transplant that regular PRP treatment (2-3 per year) can halt further hair loss.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Swoop, firstly congrats for the amazing results you got.
Considering that you are just 25 year old, wont the baldness progress to other areas eventually. This may result in an uneven look as the transplanted hairs wont fall. Did the doctor say that regular PRP can help in retaining the hairs which you have at present.

Sorry, but I am asking this because a doctor said this to me when I consulted for a transplant that regular PRP treatment (2-3 per year) can halt further hair loss.

27 currently. I maintain my hair. But yeah without any regimen my native hair would fall out in a rapid pace. I don't believe really in PRP. It's certainly not going to maintain your hair. Might give you a tiny benefit in alteration of hair cycle, but that's about it.

Who told you that PRP can halt hair loss?

avinash.crayappa

Reaction score
27 currently. I maintain my hair. But yeah without any regimen my native hair would fall out in a rapid pace. I don't believe really in PRP. It's certainly not going to maintain your hair. Might give you a tiny benefit in alteration of hair cycle, but that's about it.

Who told you that PRP can halt hair loss?

Thanks for the reply Swoop.

Recently I visited a doctor to get a PRP, he said my condition is worst, so PRP cant help and transplant was the only solution. He recommended 2500-2750 grafts for me.

I'm 26 now, my concern is if I get a transplant so early, my native hair would fall and the transplanted hair will never. So when i asked this same doubt to the doctor, he said getting PRP twice a year can retain the native hair and will also make them thick.

BTW, what's your current regimen after getting your transplant?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Swoop.

Recently I visited a doctor to get a PRP, he said my condition is worst, so PRP cant help and transplant was the only solution. He recommended 2500-2750 grafts for me.

I'm 26 now, my concern is if I get a transplant so early, my native hair would fall and the transplanted hair will never. So when i asked this same doubt to the doctor, he said getting PRP twice a year can retain the native hair and will also make them thick.

BTW, what's your current regimen after getting your transplant?

That's bullsh*t. PRP won't be able to maintain your hair long term.

I cycle RU and finasteride. 6 months RU, 6 months OFF, 6 months finasteride.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cycle RU and finasteride. 6 months RU, 6 months OFF, 6 months finasteride.

And this is working well for you? Curious since many don't report seeing anything positive from finasteride until 6+ months. Also, do you notice a visible decline in your hair in the 6 months of nothing?

kuca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Swoop why do you cycle between finasteride and Ru?
I meen, I know that you are relly knowledgeable guy so I m wondering, what is a reson that made you to start cycle beetwen treatments?

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@Swoop

I hvae a simple doubt about your regimen.

Is it 6 months of RU, FOLLOWED BY, 6 months of finasteride??
Or is it 6 months of RU, followed by a break of 6 months where you use nothing, followed by 6 months of finasteride??

Hope you could answer early enough.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's with a break. I don't recommend what I do. Just stick with something that works for you.

In the break, yes my hair quality does visibly decline with a (heavy) shedding period.

So you're a good responder with sides eventually kicking in... What's your dose of finasteride?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard some negative feedback about Dr ********* lately, has be dropped the ball recently?

Pablo234

Reaction score
Love this post, makes a great and informative read. Can I ask the following questions;

1) Have you a predicted pattern of hairloss . . how much will your remaining 1.5k donor grafts likely be able to restore from further loss?
2) The crown of your hair (the whorl) . . is this a normal crown, or has it been affected by male pattern baldness at all? I only ask because mine looks very similar, so would be interested to hear what both yourself and the hair transplant surgeon made of it?
3) The back of your hair looks very thick and dense, so i was surprised to say you had a weak donor area? Why is this?

Your results look great already, and I'm sure you will have a fantastic head of hair in the months to come . . I like how you treated it young at 25, so you can enjoy your youth with a better hairline. Why wait until you are mid 30's for instance, and suffer a further 10 years with a hair pattern you are self conscious about.