Dietcola's Story - (UPDATE PICS APRIL 25 PAGE 12)

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your hair actually looks pretty damn good in my opinion and you're lucky in that you have a thick middle tuft which means you can pull off that look if you wanted to and still look good.

You mention forehead lines on another topice and I have those... I think that I've always been concious of my high hairline and have been scrunching my forehead up for years in an attempt to hide it when talking to people. weird how we get into strange behavioural habits like that.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair looks good ,sure your tempels are still receded but the hair you do have has a great texture density and glow if i had that kind of hair id just show it off all the time and never wear a hat

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words guys, im starting to like my hair and just forgetting about this recession. i'll always be a receeder - no use hiding it anymore. the qulity of the hair i have has drastically improved, and i'm gonna credit that to nizoral. USE NIZORAL!!!!

i'm shedding LOTS of vellus hairs!!!!! woooohoooooO!

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
i doo too. Definitely.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
holy, i'm getting negative PMs everyday now. apparently alot of people feel i am bragging about miniscule results and playing up the effectiveness of minoxidil and finasteride. PLEASE keep your negative comments to yourselves guys. the reason i document even the smallest gains is because there is a lack of information about successful temple regrowth. here's the comparison for the progress i have made, i don't need lots of positive comments, i just need less negative ones. i'm not claiming amazing NW1 hairline, just showing the progress. and yes i have tried to make the lighting the same in all pictures. i did not use pictures that make my success look more prounounced, this is how it really looks. almost all the thinning at the front is growing in, when my hair is dry there is zero evident thinning.

before regrowth

pet344343003.jpg

with regrowth

pet344343048.jpg

before regrowth

monitors004-1.jpg

with regrowth

pet344343047.jpg

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
please expose the idiots who sent you negative pm's
i mean seriuosly how much of an *** would you have to be to actually do that?

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see absolutely no regrowth at all. Can someone please point at the "amazing" regrowth?

I have the same hair-patern as dietcola and am very curious to see how his treatments turn out, but I find it kind of sad that an updated picture with no-regrowth is being praised as a miracle.

p.s. I was not one of the people to send dietcola a pm if any of you wonder, lol.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nope you were definately not. i'm suprised you see no regrowth though, to me it's plain to see. i didn't see my ex for 2 months and it's the first thing she noticed. same with my friends and parents. i think the reason they noticed is because my hairline isn't faint like it used to be.

anyways, the only reason my results are of any interest is because i've only used two cans of foam to get here. which took 3 months. good things are happening, be sure to check back in a month and hopefully i'll have some better pics to give you hope. we can regrow our temples.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
i see pretty solid results.

what kind of a square would you have to be to go out of your way to send negative messages on a messageboard to someone who's just posting their progress?
nobody's making exagerated claims of success either. dietcola's making the kind of progress he's aiming for (i don't see any reason for him to fake it using lighting techniques or whatever, that's the kind of scheme you'd have to assume someone else is as lame as you are to bother with), and in the process he's keeping everyone who is curious posted on his results. good for him.
i've found his story of particular interest because: a) i, personally, see some progress being made, b) he's got a good attitude about the whole thing, in general, and c) i think he's got pretty cool hair.

couple of questions for dietcola: can you describe (in as much detail as you care to) your shedding experience? also, when using the foam do you restrict your application to only the edges of your hairline/temple, or do you rub in into your whole middle forelock area? it looks like you thinned out in that middle area for a bit and it has since thickened back up. i think i started to soon with the foam and i'm still worse off then when i started, so i'm just getting a bit concerned that i've ruined the good hair in the middle. it's just difficult to stay positive when your putting time and money in and watching things get worse much faster than before treatment. anyways, thanks keeping us posted!

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words justin

i started finasteride, and for the first month or so i experienced a slight increase in shedding. of course i was looking for it though.

a month later i started rogaine foam, my shed started after about 2 weeks and kept steady for a month or so. the shed was bad, i was losing 3-10 hairs everytime i ran my hand through it. as my shed slowed, i started noticing new vellus hairs on the temples. in the next 6 weeks those hairs grew, new ones kept popping up, and my shed was over, losing only a few countable hairs a day. only now, 3 months after starting, is my thickness really comming back. trust me i was scared when the front thinned out.

now i am shedding small amounts of hair again, not alot, and all of them are small vellus hairs that have finished their cycle.

i apply the foam to the temple where i've receeded, and then massage it in the whole front of my scalp (further back than i was balding, just to make sure i've got it all). i don't pay any special attention to the hairline, just massage it in the whole front evenly.

keep going with your rogaine, for me the shed was a good thing because it's growing back thicker and stronger, i hope it works out the same for you. i do believe it will.

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
To me the regrowth is obvious, I cant believe anyone cannot see that. Im using the exact same regime, about two weeks in. I think im experiencing a bit of a shed, like when i run my hand through my hair theres several hairs on my hand but I take this as a positive sign actually. That the follicles are reacting to the treatment. I just rub the foam into the receeded temple area as thats where i want regrowth. Propecia i feel will do the general thickening.

antonio666

Reaction score
diet cola,first time i have seen your updated photos and your defintley making very good progress,i hope it continues.

It must be a great feeling seeing it improve.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone who denies regrowth is just jelous i rekon.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
It's fanstatic you've seen results so quickly. Seems you're responding well to the foam. Getting good results so early on means you're probably going to see even more growth over the next year - and then there's the possibility you might even respond well to finasteride too!

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dietcola said:
i snapped some pictures, this is 3 weeks into finasteride treatment, which is still what baseline looked like obviously

i thought my hair would just receed and one day stop, but in the past 8 months it has continued to thin and keeps receeding further into the hairline

monitors004-1.jpg

monitors002-1.jpg

monitors001-1.jpg

Nice.

Will Rogaine foam alone enough?