Dietcola's Story - (UPDATE PICS APRIL 25 PAGE 12)

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:hairy:

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hairloss looks easily coverable by styling your hair imo.

Anyways, girls like a slight recede from what I've heard, it indicates maturity.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dammitletmein - ya i can cover my hairloss but i'd rather fight it than cover it. and i also like the look of receeded temples on certain people it definately can be attractive as long as it's not carried away.

SO i've finished 1 can of rogaine foam, that was 6 weeks on the money.

here's where i'm at (feb 20th) my hairline is still getting better every day

pet344343004.jpg

here's the area that has been re-growing

monitors004-2.jpg

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
DietCola I have the exact temples as you but every time I apply foam I freak out and wash it off.

I am just a huge crossroads of comfort with my treatment and wanting to give the foam a try.

You a really responding well. Congrats.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
great stuff man. Just a question about the foam and I don't mean to be pedantic but when you apply it do you rub it in gently and let it dry on the temples or do you vigorously rub it in using your hands until it is all gone?
I'm concerned about absorbing too much into my fingers and not into the head as this is what I do.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats, that's excellent if it's filling in your temples.

The more I photograph my temples the worse I realise that they are - not that I think they have got worse, just that they are worse than i previously thought. It's heartbreaking to see. :/

I'm seriously considering trying minoxidil or spectral dnc on my temples. If you got those results so quick I don't see what I have to lose.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JDW said:
great stuff man. Just a question about the foam and I don't mean to be pedantic but when you apply it do you rub it in gently and let it dry on the temples or do you vigorously rub it in using your hands until it is all gone?
I'm concerned about absorbing too much into my fingers and not into the head as this is what I do.

well since i still have my hair a decent length, i do one temple at a time, first getting it on the bald area then pushing it into the hair where i'm thinning and then i just rub and massage for 30 seconds or so until it's gone. sometimes when i'm rough with it i get a few hairs comming out but whatever, massaging your scalp is supposed to be good for hair growth anyways and i want to make sure it gets to the roots.

Stu85, i know how you feel. when i took my baseline pics i almost fainted. i could see the recession, but the pics really captured how thin it was getting on the top of my head, and showed receeding going up into the vertex. i don't think your temples look half as bad as mine did prior to starting (my baseline pics aren't great, but it was scary looking). i've had receeded temples for 3 years and disliked it the whole time, if a topical can bring them back i don't mind using it every day forever. my hair is my confidence, can't put a price on that. confidence will get you farther in life than any other personal trait, unless your a genius i guess. (just look at all the lost souls on this site who are 25 year old virgins crying in their rooms, those are people with zero confidence, zero concept of self worth)

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Lost souls, what type of comment on where the souls of people is that. Just let the people live their lives however they want. How do you know who is crying themselves to sleep and frankly who cares.

I have never seen evidence of people like that here and it's normal to feel down about hairloss. On the contrary I see people that are taking control and making changes in their lives on many aspects.

There is no reason to Alienate Anyone.

Jm0311

Reaction score
Lorenzo_91 said:
Lost souls, what type of comment on where the souls of people is that. Just let the people live their lives however they want. How do you know who is crying themselves to sleep and frankly who cares.

I have never seen evidence of people like that here and it's normal to feel down about hairloss. On the contrary I see people that are taking control and making changes in their lives on many aspects.

There is no reason to Alienate Anyone.

exactly

G

dietcola said:
(just look at all the lost souls on this site who are 25 year old virgins crying in their rooms, those are people with zero confidence, zero concept of self worth)

Are you refering to me? :lol:
Well, it is true that I have zero self confidence and see myself as a loser. Why do you think I am like that? I have achieved nothing, I am ugly, bald, fat, virgin, of limited intelligence and without a real perspective. It is my "life".

It may be hard for you to understand. I have seen the pics of your ultra hot (Ex-) girlfriend you posted. If I had had her my confidence would have been better as well. You have also been talking about your good body and your various sex adventures. I have very bad genes and can never had a muscular body as sad as it is. What I am trying to say is that there are reasons why I am like I am.

Good job about your hair though. That new hairline looks really great, I am hoping for you to see further improvements. You receders have it so much easier than us diffusers.....

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
taug, i'm a frontal diffuser as well as receeder. so i get a bit of both worlds.

and i'll have to admit, i've had hot girlfriends. i've had really good sex, and i'm obsessed with health and fitness. i was not gifted with good genetics either, my journey to having a good body has been long and difficult.

and i wasn't talking about you specifically, but your attitude. i've seen your pictures too, you aren't an ugly guy and you have minor hairloss compared to some people your age. anyone can lose weight with diet and excercise, being fat is a choice in 99% of cases. i wish people in your mental position could experience what people in my mental position have. life can jerk you around but if you let that ruin your day, every day, all you have is bad days. gotta learn to shake things off. you have to FORCE yourself to shake things off. because depression is so tempting, to fall into self pity and toss up your fate to the wind. that's why i say lost souls, where is the drive to be better? a soul is a part of you that desires everything you don't have but want, if you're ignoring all that because your sad, i think that sounds pretty lost to me.

and thank you for wishing me luck, i think my response to this point is all from the rogaine. i wish you luck on clearing your head, because i fear that even if you do grow all your hair back you will still be unhappy. i don't ever recommend anti depressants because i don't know alot about them, but i do recommend that you start thinking better of yourself. rich celebrities are beautiful and sitting on a beach right now eating shrimp cocktails. does that effect you? no. what effects you is Taug is sitting at the computer right now.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
+1 to the points that Dietcola is making, life is what you make it.

Nice progress dc, how go the sides?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
klink said:
+1 to the points that Dietcola is making, life is what you make it.

Nice progress dc, how go the sides?

thanks! i've got a handle on my water retention, i think it was roki that suggested to me not using foam in the evening and that has solved the problem. i'm going to keep using it but only 2 evenings a week, and still do all my morning applications. i tried skipping morning applications but that didn't seem to make a difference. my eyebrows are still growing very fast, and my facial hair is growing thicker. i assume i'm a good responder to this stuff so i think i can get away with using less of it.

i was experiencing acne that i assumed was from finasteride, now i am showering twice a day and it's almost cleared up in two days. so for now, all is well.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola id still suggest using it almost every evenning just put less ,and do one or two nights off a week ,and put it as early as possible and very very importenet also - only on dry head and not right after the shower!
atleast thats what worked for me ,im back to putting a full dose every evenning now and i cant see any puffiness(also reduced my water intake to 3 liters)
about the facial hair i suggest not putting it directly on the hairline but somewhat above it as the minoxidil seems to spread to a larger area

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright let's see if i can dazzle you guys with my new skills in magic

before

monitors001-1.jpg

after

pet344343017-2.jpg

this is 2 months on rogaine foam, 3 months on proscar (1.25mg daily), nizoral 3x week

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
elvis is in da house :)

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
elvis is in da house :)

thanks man, thats how i do my hair with rogaine foam at night. looks retarted but i can look at my hairline 35 times and not have to move my hair around :D

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im all shook up

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
having fun plucking those facial hairs lately roki? me too

**im stoked! 4800 ppl have looked at this thread.