Dietcola's Story - (UPDATE PICS APRIL 25 PAGE 12)

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
you look like you have diffuse hair loss.

if you look at my baseline pics, it used to just be receeding, and i knew it would thin out at the front eventually because that's the family balding pattern, but my 2 months on finasteride and 3 weeks on rogaine have taken me this far. if i wasn't so happy go lucky i'd have an ice pick in my eye.

i'm using success stories like Rob_X_22's for hope, he said his hair got crazy thin before getting better. i'm not sure if his was so thin his soul was showing, but i hope i recover like he did.

G

I really think you'd feel better if you buzzed it at this point. Would make it easier to apply rogaine foam too. I'd take it down to half an inch and if you wanna take it down more than try 1/4th and 1/8th.

this is what i did last november and i've been letting it grow out since. it still looks thin in front so i might do it again.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair looks pretty good to be honest. and seeing scalp in those lighting conditions is fairly normal for most people .. big deal.

People who go through temporary shedding should really look into using a bit of concealer like nanogen or toppik, it works VERY well for diffuse thinning.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hah, so you can't go swimming again, who cares heh. take your snorkel + flippers into the bath ;p

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright, two days since last picture post, hair is still thin. BUT i have new hair on my temples! this is quite amazing in 2 months of treatment i already have small hairs where i have had no hair for over a year. they are blonde hairs about 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch long and in the past week they have started getting darker in color and thicker. i know i'm not imagining it because i've looked at my hairline every day for the past 2 years, i think in a couple of weeks i'll be able to show some improvement with pictures. *fingers crossed*

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright i was bored so i took shots of my new hairline comming in. this is at one month into rogaine foam, two months in to finasteride. you can see my hairline comming down faintly, all the small hairs are new hairs and havn't been there for at least a year, probably closer to two.

feb 11 2007

right temple
pet344343018.jpg

left temple, which was worse
pet344343008.jpg

pet344343013.jpg

here's a baseline pic of that same left temple again

monitors002-1.jpg

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
Nice man! Now all you need to do is get your earlobe to fill in! :D

ill try putting minoxidil there

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
any other thoughts?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
good sh*t man! I got similar regrowth only in my left temple. Seems that your foam works quicker than my liquid.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nope no vitamins, and no nizoral. just rogaine foam and proscar 1/4s.

i love this! i can look at my hairline in the mirror from a distance and it looks like it did 2 years ago, can't wait for these small hairs to grow thicker.

this is how i feel today :D

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MSM vitamin is good, not that pricey... I just ordered 3 more months worth.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the new hairs bud! Just a question, where abouts are you applying the minoxidil, all over or just the temples?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am just massaging the foam into my temples and widow's peak. so anything on the front half of my head...i don't have any thinning near the back at all. i'm avoiding the hair beside my ears so i dont get that funny eyebrow growth thing a few guys got.

AquaNet

Reaction score
dietcola said:
i am just massaging the foam into my temples and widow's peak. so anything on the front half of my head...i don't have any thinning near the back at all. i'm avoiding the hair beside my ears so i dont get that funny eyebrow growth thing a few guys got.

looks good man, what is the eyebrow growth from. Applying it to the hairs next to your ear, I just never heard about it.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
AquaNet said:
looks good man, what is the eyebrow growth from. Applying it to the hairs next to your ear, I just never heard about it.

if you look through stories and success stories, some guys have gotten hair growing where hair isn't supposed to grow, ie. all around their forehead and eyebrows lol.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
World of Warcraft commented in rob's story thread that no one documents temple regrowth with progress pictures so here's a couple more, 4 days since the last ones.

new hairline showing

pet344343001.jpg

up close

pet344343007.jpg

pet344343012.jpg