Dietcola's Story - (UPDATE PICS APRIL 25 PAGE 12)

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha just one more question...

do you still shed hair on a daily basis when you run your hand through your hair or has it completely stopped?
cheers mate

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shadowless said:
Very awsome dietcola. I'm 24 and in very similar situation to you. So I wanna follow the exact steps you been taking. I'm guessing the big 3 people mention refer to finastride, minoxidil, ketoconazole.

My question is why do you use proscar than say propecia.

What excactly does nizoral do for hair loss? I heard its for dandruff?

Also I would like to ask what shampoo/conditional do you regulary use? I was planning to use Nioxin to make my hair look thicker.

Thanks for posting all your updates, it's been very inspiring. Hopefully I can have positive result too. Sorry for newbie questions, I'm a new member of this hair loosing community.

proscar is a 5mg version of fiasteride, it can be cut into smaller pieces to get closer to 1mg a day, and costs much less than the 1 mg propecia. they are the same drug.

nizoral helps relieve inflammation often associated with male pattern baldness, it also improves the general quality of the hair.

i use loreal vive for men thickening shampoo, but it doesn't much matter to me...

good luck with your treatments, it's a roller coaster ride but worth it in the end

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JDW said:
haha just one more question...

do you still shed hair on a daily basis when you run your hand through your hair or has it completely stopped?
cheers mate

i don't shed when i run my fingers through my hair, maybe lose a couple of hairs but that's not really shedding. i do however get about 5-10 thin hairs on my fingers when applying the minoxidil....i think they are old vellus hairs falling out though hopefully to grow back thicker

hawks05

Established Member
Reaction score
one thing i agree with is that receeded temples look good on alot of guys as long as they arent too receeded

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont come to this forum much, but congrats dietc, you have made some very good progress.

Are you diligent about using the foam twice per day?

Because I have only been using it once per day, do you think twice per day could make a sigificant difference.

Also, how many times per day do you wash ur hair? Say you wash ur hair in the morning, then apply foam. Do you have another shower before you apply ur nightly application? Or do you just put it on over the top of your morning application?

I find the scent to be pretty strong, anyone ever commented on it(esp. if you use 2 applications on top of each other morning and night without washing out the previous one)?

Sorry for all the questions by the way

:D

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Man your results are so impressive. I'm hoping mine can compete soon. I'm on more or less same regimen, same age and roughly the same amount of initial loss although more loss widows peak and probably slightly less receeded temples.

Did you find that once hairs started to appear on your temples things seemed to speed up? coz looking at your posts you seemed to see a few hairs after 6 weeks or so and in the next post, about a fortnight later the temples had filled in a ton. I only ask coz im around the same stage as you were on your 21st february (christ i sound like a stalker :? ) pics in terms of amount of new hairs and your next update pics seemed to have a alot more regrowth.

sooo did you find regrowth is expontential or steady or stop and starty?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah use the foam twice a day, once will probably work but it will take more time and the results might never be as good, i might even go down to once a day for maintenance when i have all the regrowth i want.

defenton, what i have noticed is that i get really fast results and then it slows for a bit and then really fast again and then slows for a bit. i just assume this is due to hair growth cycles. i'll go sevral weeks without seeing any change and then in a week i'll notice lots of new hairs.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you regrew ALOT of hair bro, it's impressive.

hope you get more hairy in the next couple months! lol

jericson

Reaction score
Hey Diet Cola, I am pretty impressed with your results and haven't seen any new posts from you in about a month and a half. I was wondering if you have any new updates? I just started the foam about a month ago and the only thing I have noticed is a shed!!!!! I am gonna look real hot for my buddies wedding in 2 weeks where I am the best man....f-ing great. I am just hoping this shed means good things are yet to come. Close to a month and a half and no signs of growth, just loss.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i wanna see the updated pics brotha

it gives me more hope. :)

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey DC!!!

Good to see you're not coming on here often :p

I'm doing pretty well too!

Keep it up bud!

AZ

RaginDemon

Reaction score
we need an update.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
hair density in front middle?

Whats up Diet Cola? Man, i'm sure you have received at least 100 personal messages. Thank you very much for the feedback you have given people with obstacles you have conquered. We haven't heard from you in a while and I would really appreciate it if you could please answer a question or two? 1-Has the density of your hair in the front middle returned to what it was pre-treatment?
2-Are you only applying the foam at the temples or also applying it to the front middle below and behind the hairline?
Thanks man! You are really helping people, including myself, get through challenging times! Have a great week!-Tim

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK guys. yeah! i've been gone from this place. it was making me depressed i think...and after i broke up with my gf i was sort of a mess, and didn't need hair loss bringing me down further. just kept up with my regimen and kept busy, got a new serving job and met some new friends, just partying alot and enjoying summer :)

good news! hair keeps comming in thicker, and filling in the temples more and more. bad news, my digital camera is broken. so it will be a little while before i can update with pics, but i will!

keep up with your regimens guys, this stuff is working. don't spend too much time lurking around HairLossTalk.com, it doesn't make hair grow faster ;)

good luck!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dietcola said:
OK guys. yeah! i've been gone from this place. it was making me depressed i think...and after i broke up with my gf i was sort of a mess, and didn't need hair loss bringing me down further. just kept up with my regimen and kept busy, got a new serving job and met some new friends, just partying alot and enjoying summer :)

good news! hair keeps comming in thicker, and filling in the temples more and more. bad news, my digital camera is broken. so it will be a little while before i can update with pics, but i will!

keep up with your regimens guys, this stuff is working. don't spend too much time lurking around HairLossTalk.com, it doesn't make hair grow faster ;)

good luck!

hope to see your update soon!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bold said:
any luck with the camera yet? :)

his hair loss is gone, he is too busy chassing chicks now.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope he is...I really hope he is. Good for him!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
hope he is doing great!