Did anybody try Laser device with any sort of success?

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers for sharing NC
It's hard to tell any real difference as you said but your hair loss isn't that bad so if you stick to your meds/ laser your results will only get better. I still think you need another 3 months at least.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
You can see photoshopping in almost all "before / after" pics - but it is easy to spot.
What kind of LLLT device have you been using for years? I thought any small improvement is good, is it not?
And just in case you missed this point - i am not pushing any product - I just was lookiing for experiences with LLLT - and to date I found NONE....good or bad - and THAT is what I find unnatural... There MUST be heaps of guys using LLLT device everyday - where are they hiding?? and why??

ppl regrow - do you mean propylenglycol?? please educate me... I am new to this one.... as far as I know propylenglycol is not something you really want on your head everyday? there are plenty of other minoxidil brands without it...

lol, it's people. But I guess you never heard of that one from your customers in Thailand, or Indonesia, or India whatever. :D

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what all the hate is about for LLLT. I've been using the hairmax comb for 6 months now and I'm very satisfied with the results I have. It's certainly no magic potion that everyone looking for but its a great tool to counter hairloss, IMO.

I've been slowly losing my hair for about 6 years now. That last few months before I started using the laser comb seemed to be especially bad. That's why it took me until then to make an attempt to counter my hairloss. Before then, I did nothing about my hairloss.

I do have pictures of my progress but it's nothing that will "wow" you so I'll probably withhold them for now. I do hope one day I'm able to prove some of you wrong just for the sake of me getting more hair back.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I'm not sure what all the hate is about for LLLT. I've been using the hairmax comb for 6 months now and I'm very satisfied with the results I have. It's certainly no magic potion that everyone looking for but its a great tool to counter hairloss, IMO.

I've been slowly losing my hair for about 6 years now. That last few months before I started using the laser comb seemed to be especially bad. That's why it took me until then to make an attempt to counter my hairloss. Before then, I did nothing about my hairloss.

I do have pictures of my progress but it's nothing that will "wow" you so I'll probably withhold them for now. I do hope one day I'm able to prove some of you wrong just for the sake of me getting more hair back.

I am not hating on LLLT, just seeing if it will work for me. I will give it more time to see if it will make a difference. If you have pics you should post them. That is why many don't believe LLLT works because there are very few positive testimonials with pics. I am glad it worked for you, hopefully it will eventually make a difference for me.

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
lol, it's people. But I guess you never heard of that one from your customers in Thailand, or Indonesia, or India whatever. :D

What are you trying to say actually? Do I have any customers? - I should be the one to know about them and don't know of any - so please don't assume.
How did you get you "senior member" status so quickly? By sucking up to the Guardians of this Forum? You learned pretty quickly how to "operate" in this Forum environment - protecting "future students of this Forum"... - welcome to virtual (un)reality....

Your picture may show more than you would like - go ahead and spend 20 grand of your retirement money on hair transplant and enjoy the few years left in your man's life - that is the reason why you want it, is it not?
I can give you one advise - move to any of the countries you mentioned and you can fulfil all your desires - and keep your 20 grand - it will last much longer...LOLOL

God I love my life - every day I realise how limitless is human stupidity - this is not personal, this applies to most people....
Most of the time those this applies to will never know.. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks - FIRST positive from LLLT....where were you hiding for so long??
I can see you joined in 2010 and are still "a member" - I am not surprised at your status - because you definitely are NOT one of the Guardians of this Forum".
Good on you, I personally am surprised that you got positive results with the laser comb which I consider quite useless, I may be wrong...
Actually I would welcome to be wrong because that would mean LLLT works with 1 laser diode only...

- - - Updated - - -

I am not hating on LLLT, just seeing if it will work for me. I will give it more time to see if it will make a difference. If you have pics you should post them. That is why many don't believe LLLT works because there are very few positive testimonials with pics. I am glad it worked for you, hopefully it will eventually make a difference for me.

Your pics are "inconclusive"..they look very similar so I guess in worst scenarios at least you did not lose any more hair.
Sometimes - just sometimes - halting hair loss is a success on its own.
How was you hairless before LLLT?
If you were losing hair prior to LLLT - then this "experiment" would equal a success.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

Thanks - FIRST positive from LLLT....where were you hiding for so long??
I can see you joined in 2010 and are still "a member" - I am not surprised at your status - because you definitely are NOT one of the Guardians of this Forum".
Good on you, I personally am surprised that you got positive results with the laser comb which I consider quite useless, I may be wrong...
Actually I would welcome to be wrong because that would mean LLLT works with 1 laser diode only...

- - - Updated - - -

I purchased the hairmax laser comb "advanced" model. It has 7 laser diodes. The 1 laser diode model was the first comb they came out with which they no longer sell. You can purchase the "professional" model and it has 12 diodes. I think the "professional" retail for $500usd. I paid $300 for the model I have and you can purchase them used on ebay for less than $200usd.

I've been tempted to try other laser "helmet" devices but the comb is working out very good for me, IMO. I also like that fact that I'm doing something when using the device. You'd be surprised how much physical energy it takes to hold the comb stationary on top of your head only moving small increments for 15-20mins. It's like a yoga exercise of sorts. My heart rate gets elevated and my muscles are fatigued so I assume more blood is circulating under my skin helping to accomplish what is intended by the laser comb.

I don't have any pictures of my hair just prior to starting the laser comb. I've been using a picture from two years ago that I posted to the forum as a baseline. Comparing the two pictures, it looks like I haven't lost any hair.

Here is my baseline picture:
CIMG0949_zps5a075dd0.jpg

This is a picture I took a few weeks ago. I buzz my head almost skin tight with my new oster classic 76 with a #1 guard. This picture is my hair probably two weeks grown in.
CIMG1578_zpse350e13c.jpg

I will continue to update with my progress....

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Your pics are "inconclusive"..they look very similar so I guess in worst scenarios at least you did not lose any more hair.
Sometimes - just sometimes - halting hair loss is a success on its own.
How was you hairless before LLLT?
If you were losing hair prior to LLLT - then this "experiment" would equal a success.

I was using finasteride and minoxidil approximately 1 year prior to adding LLLT. My hair had improved with finasteride and minoxidil, but regrowth was at a stand still for a few months so I added LLLT to try to give it an extra boost. I will agree with you that this point results are inconclusive not just because of the pics, but also the duration that I have been using LLLT. 3 months isn't enough time in my opinion so I will give it at least 6 months. I also agree that not losing ground should be considered success, but at this point I am being greedy and want to see more hair.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the amount of hair stabilized on finasteride and minoxidil, there is no way of telling if LLLT had any additional effect.

@dark&bald, the lighting in your pictures is not constant. Can't really see any progress there.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I just took a picture today. I buzzed my head with a #1 guard all around about a week ago.
CIMG1632_zps888869e0.jpg

This picture is after 4 weeks of LLLT. It was taken the day a buzzed my head or the day after. My new clippers cut much shorter than my old ones so I think it's fair to say that should be taken into consideration when comparing the pictures.

CIMG1274_zps5d4bbe58.jpg

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
pictures taken with the flash always look worse than they are

I just took a picture today. I buzzed my head with a #1 guard all around about a week ago.
CIMG1632_zps888869e0.jpg
This picture is after 4 weeks of LLLT. It was taken the day a buzzed my head or the day after. My new clippers cut much shorter than my old ones so I think it's fair to say that should be taken into consideration when comparing the pictures.
CIMG1274_zps5d4bbe58.jpg
To me you are quite lucky because I'd say without a flash you would look NW1... so Id again call this "inconclusive".. Can you send us a picture of the new LLLT comb you have? - or a link? this is the first time I hear of laser combs with more than 1 (30mW) laser diode. Still I do think that each hair follicle needs 20 minutes exposure of laser light and that is what you can't do with a laser comb gliding up & down on your head - for a total of "20 minutes".... Anyway I am looking forward to your next pics... good luck

- - - Updated - - -

I was using finasteride and minoxidil approximately 1 year prior to adding LLLT. My hair had improved with finasteride and minoxidil, but regrowth was at a stand still for a few months so I added LLLT to try to give it an extra boost. I will agree with you that this point results are inconclusive not just because of the pics, but also the duration that I have been using LLLT. 3 months isn't enough time in my opinion so I will give it at least 6 months. I also agree that not losing ground should be considered success, but at this point I am being greedy and want to see more hair.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts....If your hair growth was at a stand still this would imply that LLLT "didn't add any value"...I agree 3 months is not long enough...but on some websites we see cements of LLLT hair growth within 3 weeks?? just look at "feedback" page of some LLLT products.. I personally think they are fabricated just to boost the sales... I also am losing faith in LLLT - just a little bit, but I still see others having great results...there is so much uncertainty..... such is life..

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am doing laser for 8 weeks I think. Ordered finasteride but won't take it for a month or so. Want to do this up to the 12 week mark. Difficult to say really. Norwood 3. No growth at the front but understandable as empty areas. I am in my late 20's. Crown was thinning and still appears thin. It is doing something I feel, but it's subtle and not worth it imo.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
To me you are quite lucky because I'd say without a flash you would look NW1... so Id again call this "inconclusive".. Can you send us a picture of the new LLLT comb you have? - or a link? this is the first time I hear of laser combs with more than 1 (30mW) laser diode. Still I do think that each hair follicle needs 20 minutes exposure of laser light and that is what you can't do with a laser comb gliding up & down on your head - for a total of "20 minutes".... Anyway I am looking forward to your next pics... good luck

This is the exact model I am using. I purchased my comb from hairmax.com

adv-7-lasercomb_guarantee_title.jpg

On hairmax's forum, the company rep doesn't suggest "over exposure" by using it more frequently or for longer durations than suggested. So clearly, hairmax believes 15 minute sessions is optimal. I was using the comb for 30 minutes and have recently scaled back to 20 minutes based on that advice. When using the comb, you move it in half inch intervals and pause for 4 seconds.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the same advice I received when I did lllt years ago. If I decide to try it again, the routine will be every other day for 20 mins. Any more would become an inconvenience. Now the question is which device I go for as there many more powerful and way cheaper devices out there than the hairmax.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the same advice I received when I did lllt years ago. If I decide to try it again, the routine will be every other day for 20 mins. Any more would become an inconvenience. Now the question is which device I go for as there many more powerful and way cheaper devices out there than the hairmax.

That's what I do. 20 mins EOD. What happened to your comb, BTW?

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never owned a comb.
i paid (lots) for a 12 month programme at a hairloss "clinic" years ago.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are going to throw in the towel at 12 weeks? There are many claims that LLLT have given noticeable results in just a few weeks. I think those may be the exception, but not the rule. For my sake I hope this is the case LOL. I figure I should at least see something at 6 months. If not I will consider LLLT useless, at least for me.

Yes I will probably stop at the 12 week mark. On their website they mention that you should begin to see results at the 12 week mark and discontinue at 20 weeks if no actual results. And yes, many people get results before hand.

I should really use it up to 20 weeks...

But I am Norwood 3 and basically I don't want to delay "real treatment" any longer. I am 28 and I didn't do anything thus far - hair loss only bothered me the last 2 years when it got worse.

I could carry on using hairmax and finasteride together, but that could confuse my results. I mean you are on an ideal regime and I remember you saying no noticeable progress with adding Laser? That shows even with all those proven treatments, the laser could still not add a little something.

I don't want to discourage people, some folks have good results and there is some science behind it. I get the feeling finasteride and minoxidil are far superior though.

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
laser comb that has 7 laser diodes?

I purchased the hairmax laser comb "advanced" model. It has 7 laser diodes. The 1 laser diode model was the first comb they came out with which they no longer sell. You can purchase the "professional" model and it has 12 diodes. I think the "professional" retail for $500usd. I paid $300 for the model I have and you can purchase them used on ebay for less than $200usd. ....
I could not find any conclusive picture on the NET of this hair comb which would show 7 laser diodes - can you please show yours here? Are you sure it is not just mirror dividing 1 diode into more beams? thanks