Did anybody try Laser device with any sort of success?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a long story "losing_hair", someone came undercover pretending to be a legit user, but had an agenda about selling his lasers by lying. They have been banned twice and their promotion threads and posts deleted.

So you have to understand me being skeptical about a guy who has 10 days on his account, also talks like them, and now I see has the electronic knowledge to build the laser device like them. So yeah, just saying that laser talk was never brought up until those guys show up, they were twins apperantly.

But y'all can debate sereach, which that one guy on the first page didn't link to the actual abstract and just pasted(I assume). And anyone is allowed to say what they want, had I not step in and say anything on the laser boys thread, they would still be leeching. Will keep my eye open on this thread. People can make their own choices, but the desperate ones will beleive anything, so I will butt in when I see something odd.

- - - Updated - - -

And don't give me that bs about me wanting nothing but the big 3. I have been experimenting on myself with many different things for the sake of the community.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
have you any result or impressium with LLLT in these two months?
Did you take some before photos?
TIA

Yes I did take before pics. They are actually posted in my intro thread. I have seen regrowth, but let me make it very clear, at this point I would not recommend laser to anybody based on MY experience. I am not saying it doesn't work, actually I am holding out hope that it does, but I need noticeable regrowth to consider this a success. With that being said, keep in mind that I have only been using laser for 2 months and I have been losing hair for over 15 years. I didn't expect this to work over night. Based on what I have seen thus far, I think it is worth it to continue with laser and see where it goes. I will report back to you guys how it turns out.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Due to hair cycling, regrowth can take up to 9 months. Either way, Notcoolanymore, thanks for testing this. You are the first user I would consider trustworthy in this regard trying it out, so we will have some definitive answers in a few months. Keep documenting as well as possible, so readers can draw their own conclusions without the need (or potential) for interpretation. Constant light, dry hair only, shot both up close (target area) and from far (upper half of face, eyes censored of course).

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to hair cycling, regrowth can take up to 9 months. Either way, Notcoolanymore, thanks for testing this. You are the first user I would consider trustworthy in this regard trying it out, so we will have some definitive answers in a few months. Keep documenting as well as possible, so readers can draw their own conclusions without the need (or potential) for interpretation. Constant light, dry hair only, shot both up close (target area) and from far (upper half of face, eyes censored of course).

Notcoolanymore has alopecia Areata, the community will renderer his conclusion moot.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Notcoolanymore has alopecia Areata, the community will renderer his conclusion moot.

No I don't. male pattern baldness since the age of ~23. 38 now.

I appreciate the kind words benjt. There are some that have already thrown me under the bus as being a salesman. I am just someone who wanted to give LLLT a try. Salesman - no, gullible - maybe, we will see.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that, at least, these laser are different
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_hair_removal

LOL actually I was thinking the same thing. Well if the lasers I bought were to remove hair, then I would say that I got ripped off.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
No I don't. male pattern baldness since the age of ~23. 38 now.

I appreciate the kind words benjt. There are some that have already thrown me under the bus as being a salesman. I am just someone who wanted to give LLLT a try. Salesman - no, gullible - maybe, we will see.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL actually I was thinking the same thing. Well if the lasers I bought were to remove hair, then I would say that I got ripped off.

My bad, could have sworned you did, must be someone else then

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
I hope that, at least, these laser are different
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_hair_removal

Gents, do't worry, laser for hair removal has a different frequency - it is 755nm as compared as compared to LLLT of 650nm. The difference can be clearly seen from a color chart attached.

image21.jpg

I do hope more guys who did try LLLT treatment will find their way to this forum and will share their experiences - good or bad. I should add that I can see great differences between laser devices and to my understanding (pure physics) most of them probably are absolutely useless. However, the whole "LLLT technology" simply cannot be a joke - there must be some merit to it and only missing piece is a clinical study of some sort..
Maybe LLLT was not used right, or perhaps the LLLT machines that DO work are just too expensive and nobody used them?

- - - Updated - - -

It's a long story.....
.....People can make their own choices, but the desperate ones will beleive anything, so I will butt in when I see something odd.
And don't give me that bs about me wanting nothing but the big 3. I have been experimenting on myself with many different things for the sake of the community.

AND did you actually also experiment on yourself with LLLT? or did you dismiss it as useless without trying? if yes - which one did you use? thanks

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gents, do't worry, laser for hair removal has a different frequency - it is 755nm as compared as compared to LLLT of 650nm. The difference can be clearly seen from a color chart attached.
And what the hell does the frequency have to do with removal? Nothing. High school level physics. As long as you dont hit multiples of the eigenfrequency, such small frequency differences mean exactly nothing. On top of that, the numbers you gave are the wavelength and not the frequency.
Either way, in this case the frequency has nothing to do with the suitability of a laser for hair removal or growth. All this "our lasers operate at frequency x instead of frequency z" is only marketing BS aimed at people who don't understand the matter.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Notcool, I am pleased you are trying out and reporting your experience using LLLT. Reading your former posts show me you are a person with great self respect and a "truth seekers" intellect. Our communities survival partly relies on risks (great or small)from self motivated and honest individuals like yourself who are selflessly making a positive difference. Benjt's accurate assessment about B.S. treatment can hardly be challenged if we can continue to allow ourselves to be duped while we angrily sit on our buttock's. Here's to getting off our arses and taking measured risks.

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
And what the hell does the frequency have to do with removal? Nothing. High school level physics. As long as you dont hit multiples of the eigenfrequency, such small frequency differences mean exactly nothing. On top of that, the numbers you gave are the wavelength and not the frequency.
Either way, in this case the frequency has nothing to do with the suitability of a laser for hair removal or growth. All this "our lasers operate at frequency x instead of frequency z" is only marketing BS aimed at people who don't understand the matter.

Thanks for picking this up - frequency and wavelength are 2 different terms describing the same thing - "vibration".
EME is normally quoted in Hz, light is normally quoted in nanometers and you can correct me again if it makes you happy.

Some of the frequencies - lets talk in nano meters" so that you don't have to correct me again - are beneficial, and some of them are detrimental to human body - and this to me is pure logic. not everything is GOOD and equally not everything is BAD - are you happy?
CELLS do react differently to different nanometers....and a difference of 100nm may seem small to you - but it is huge to others. And hair follicles seem to be stimulated (and grow) most when exposed to 650nm - and I can only gather that they react "most badly" (and die) to 755nm..
Just because these 2 different nm values give out different lights does not mean it is clever marketing or BS..

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Notcool, I am pleased you are trying out and reporting your experience using LLLT. Reading your former posts show me you are a person with great self respect and a "truth seekers" intellect. Our communities survival partly relies on risks (great or small)from self motivated and honest individuals like yourself who are selflessly making a positive difference. Benjt's accurate assessment about B.S. treatment can hardly be challenged if we can continue to allow ourselves to be duped while we angrily sit on our buttock's. Here's to getting off our arses and taking measured risks.

Thank you for your kinds words. I really appreciate that you are keeping an open mind and not labeling me as a shill just because I decided to give LLLT a try.

I agree with your "taking measured risks" statement. I have been interested in LLLT for a while now. Figured the price was right to find out what it could/couldn't do. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and I am out of pocket about $150.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And hair follicles seem to be stimulated (and grow) most when exposed to 650nm - and I can only gather that they react "most badly" (and die) to 755nm..
Oh, I would like to see any source on that. Because the EM spectrum is basically infinite, these 100 nm are indeed only a minor difference. So please explain to me how the effects are the most positive at exactly 650 nm and the worst at 755 nm which are quite close to each other in the spectrum. Please do elaborate on the different effects these wavelengths have!
I am going to give you a hint: You could equally use a laser at 650 nm to remove hair.

Just because these 2 different nm values give out different lights does not mean it is clever marketing or BS..
No, I wouldn't call it clever. It is utterly stupid. But to turn your statement around:
Just because these two different nm values give out different light does not mean that they have diametral effects. So, prove your claims. I'd be very interested in anything substantial, i.e., some independent scientific sources and no advertising for these toys.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
i.e., some independent scientific sources and no advertising for these toys.
It's looking increasingly likely that that is why he is here. The "laser brothers" salesmen signed up using multiple accounts before, so I wouldn't put it past them again.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Laser hair removal is the process of removing unwanted hair by means of exposure to ... 810 nm

More frecuency more energy.....

frequency
has an inverse relationship to the wavelength

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You do realize that 810 nm is a lower frequency than 650 or 755 nm, right? You just stated yourself that wavelength and frequency are in an inverse relationship. As such, light at 810nm has a lower energy than 650 or 755nm, so you contradicted yourself.

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
This thread was not meant to discuss nm vs Hz or energy - I merely wanted to hear/read the experiences of those who ACTUALLY used or are using any LLLT device - to be able to make a judgement whether it works or not - and how to use it...I thank to 3-4 members who did respond but they just started to use it - their responses, HOWEVER, were not negative. If the Guardians of "future students of this forum stay away if they never used LLLT device that would be appreciated.
There should be tens of thousands if not hundred of thousands men who bought some sort of LLLT device - including (those useless combs like the one sold on this very website) - why don't we find all the negatives from them - not from the Guardians who say LLLT is so useless without ever trying it?
Do we go back to the Times of Inquisition or communist censorship? - when you decide what will be discussed and what not?
People can make their own judgements these days just in case you don't know it... so leave it up to them and don't come here every night....
And for those who wish this thread to be dead - it is YOU - the Guardians, who make it very interesting reading :)
So I will be waiting for more people who used LLLT device to share their experiences and findings how to use Laser device - and hope that the Inquisition will not ban nor delete this thread....
This Forum looks more and more like a shop selling "BIG 3"....and who suggests any alternative will be banned - and deleted....and all in the name of protection of "the future students of this Forum.."

losing hair

Banned
Reaction score
Oh,Because the EM spectrum is basically infinite, these 100 nm are indeed only a minor difference. So please explain to me how the effects are the most positive at exactly 650 nm and the worst at 755 nm which are quite close to each other in the spectrum. Please do elaborate on the different effects these wavelengths have! I am going to give you a hint: You could equally use a laser at 650 nm to remove hair.

Yes - any frequency can do anything when applied with enough power - 100W could "remove" your head for example.. and as for your quote "EM is infinite and therefore 100nm is minor difference" - even human stupidity is infinite.........
e.g. 10 units in IQ scale usually results in great difference..... :)

650 nm has been proven in numerous studies to be the ideal wavelength for cell regeneration. You can use a 700-800nm at 5mW power and it will not remove any hair for example. Your hint was correct. Hair removal technology uses well over 200mW of power to remove hair. Laser for acne treatment uses a blue spectrum light and that is of similar difference concerning nm...

So it comes down to using the most effective wavelength at the right power output to achieve the desired goal. In the case of LLLT, 650nm at an output range of 5-20mW is ideal for hair regrowth. I am still waiting for those hundreds of thousands of LLLT users who bought the stupid laser combs (maybe even from this very website) to come up with their damning experiences.... I so far see none - DO YOU? Guardians of this forum?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
650 nm has been proven in numerous studies to be the ideal wavelength for cell regeneration.
Then finally provide links to some, as you have been kindly asked to before.

I am still waiting for those hundreds of thousands of LLLT users who bought the stupid laser combs (maybe even from this very website) to come up with their damning experiences....
And where are the reviews by people using the device you advertise? I don't mean fake user statements on the websites actually selling these kinds of devices, but by forum users who didnt just register when posting their "experience".