Darolutamide (odm-201), A Better Topical Than Enzalutamide? | Page 45 | HairLossTalk Forums

Darolutamide (odm-201), A Better Topical Than Enzalutamide?

Discussion in 'Antiandrogens - Propecia, Dutasteride, etc.' started by JLF, May 4, 2017.

  1. proscar2

    proscar2 Established Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2017
    Messages:
    165
    Likes Received:
    100
    Dislikes Received:
    3
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    86%?? the other 14% contaminants could be anything, there's a probability that variable is causing the shedding...... heavy metals solvent residues..... get a confirmation on that 86%... surely its wrong.....??? Because if that test is correct... i couldn't' vouch/ push for that supplier any longer - can you let us know? Sorry i know you lot have enough on your plate....
     
    Georgie likes this.
  2. kawnshawn

    kawnshawn Established Member

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2016
    Messages:
    412
    Likes Received:
    420
    Dislikes Received:
    8
    Back in August when I started Enza it worked really well for about 2 months then stopped slowly over time. This seems to be common with anti androgen receptor competitors.
     
  3. Georgie

    Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2017
    Messages:
    2,627
    Likes Received:
    2,134
    Dislikes Received:
    62
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah man it’s dodgey af. I’m planning on dropping it I think when I’m done with this batch.

    With regards to the seti - I’ve read everywhere that the topical version really needs to be salted, so it might be worth confirming with everyone what the consensus in re administration of seti.
    I’m happy to use it topically because it works it cheaper that way also.
     
  4. itchymadscalp

    itchymadscalp Established Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2018
    Messages:
    423
    Likes Received:
    230
    Dislikes Received:
    15
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah after some time they make androgen receptors more sensitive ... like Bicalutamide (it's well known).
    Darolutamide, Enzalutamide ... cannot work in a long term use ......... :(

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20058237
    "Prolonged treatment with bicalutamide induces androgen receptor overexpression and androgen hypersensitivity."
     
    #884 itchymadscalp, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  5. SteveTabernack

    SteveTabernack Experienced Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2016
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    1,079
    Dislikes Received:
    14
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    My hair is worse than ever.

    How the fuck is possible that this super androgen killer does nothing at all?
     
    Georgie likes this.
  6. jonnywalker93

    jonnywalker93 Established Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2017
    Messages:
    135
    Likes Received:
    72
    Dislikes Received:
    1
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Did you heat up your Daro and how often do you make a new batch?
     
  7. SteveTabernack

    SteveTabernack Experienced Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2016
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    1,079
    Dislikes Received:
    14
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Don't heat it. Just let it sit in the minoxidil for two days till it dissolves on its own.

    Mostly made 7 day batches but lately have cut it down to 4.

    For various ressons I'll probably try to use stemox fructis as vehicle soon (there's always something new you can try which keeps the coping alive). I reckon it won't take as long to dissolve then.
     
  8. jonnywalker93

    jonnywalker93 Established Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2017
    Messages:
    135
    Likes Received:
    72
    Dislikes Received:
    1
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Cool okay. Maybe it is not stable anymore after the 2 days of dissolving? How did you do on antiandrogens before? Maintained at least for while?
     
  9. SteveTabernack

    SteveTabernack Experienced Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2016
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    1,079
    Dislikes Received:
    14
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well I have gotten some side effects, so it's clearly been capable of doing something. Sides seem to have lessened lately though.

    Wasn't on finasteride long enough to really conclude . I feel like RU did good things but hard to say for sure. Could have just been the minoxidil
     
  10. Georgie

    Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2017
    Messages:
    2,627
    Likes Received:
    2,134
    Dislikes Received:
    62
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @SteveTabernack @jonnywalker93 i don’t heat mine, I made fresh batches every 2 days to ensure zero spoilage and I’m on 0.02%. My hair has not improved. I’m shedding a ridiculous amount. I hold almost zero faith in antiandrogens anymore, particularly for diffuse/DUPa/retrograde.
     
    itchymadscalp likes this.
  11. SteveTabernack

    SteveTabernack Experienced Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2016
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    1,079
    Dislikes Received:
    14
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Aren't diffusers generally considered the best responders to finasteride though? It's those damn receded temples that never recover.

    I don't even think I'm really diffusing except for on the sides of my head for whatever reason. Temples are ridiculously far back and all of the hairline has eroded at this point. My comb over looks ridiculous and I've completely lost the frame to the face. FUCK.
     
    Georgie likes this.
  12. Georgie

    Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2017
    Messages:
    2,627
    Likes Received:
    2,134
    Dislikes Received:
    62
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I TOTALLY get what you mean. My entire hairline is fucked over by Androgenetic Alopecia, so the bits around my ears, forelock, temples, temple point, behind the ears and nape all look moth eaten because the hairs are miniturised. It’s a nightmare. I remember before minoxidil when my recession was at its worst, (although my density was significantly better), I couldn’t even recognise myself anymore. You’re so right about losing the frame to your face. It completely changes your appearance.
     
    SteveTabernack likes this.
  13. Georgie

    Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2017
    Messages:
    2,627
    Likes Received:
    2,134
    Dislikes Received:
    62
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @SteveTabernack yoi can see we in these photos where the hair is all miniturised around my face and nape. Little blonde/vellus hairs everywhere where there were terminal hairs a few months back, and you can see how the hairline is eaten away in like an arc fashion
     

    Attached Files:

  14. SteveTabernack

    SteveTabernack Experienced Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2016
    Messages:
    639
    Likes Received:
    1,079
    Dislikes Received:
    14
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think you would be horrified to see how much worse my hairline looks :D.. :mad:... :(

    It's become exceedingly hard to cope in recent times. Hair is constantly on my mind to the point of entering my dreams. Shall we ever achieve peace of mind?
     
    Georgie likes this.
  15. Georgie

    Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2017
    Messages:
    2,627
    Likes Received:
    2,134
    Dislikes Received:
    62
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah same. I’m glad that I have uni and work to distract me because this would drive me off the edge of a high rise otherwise. I just want it to fucking stop falling out. How hard is it to just grow hair like a normal person?!
     
  16. Recon_s

    Recon_s Established Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2014
    Messages:
    323
    Likes Received:
    128
    Dislikes Received:
    26
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Looks like idealforehead punked a lot of people here in this thread all his bold claims of regrowth and fancy explanations yet with zero shred of evidence. Its sad because this stuff is dangerous and I know people are desperate and do anything to get their hair back and he played on it. We all need to work off evidence and fact based claims not some anecdotal bulshit
     
    Georgie and itchymadscalp like this.
  17. whatevr

    whatevr Senior Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2014
    Messages:
    1,990
    Likes Received:
    2,269
    Dislikes Received:
    47
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's really suspicious that he's gone now. I suppose in a few months he will come back with some miracle story of how Darolutamide saved his hair and life and he doesn't come here because he fixed his hair loss, and then disappear again.

    Yet very few people seem to be having success with this drug considering how strong it is. I'd wager I've seen more people have success on RU than this. How utterly disappointing.
     
  18. jonnywalker93

    jonnywalker93 Established Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2017
    Messages:
    135
    Likes Received:
    72
    Dislikes Received:
    1
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    To be fair, he said that he will disappear if Daro continues to work for him. But I get what you mean, maybe he is just to afraid to admit that he is losing it again...

    Another thing is that we don't really know how effective Daro is at the doses we try. If someone has the balls to ramp it up and go nuclear with like 50mg per application, we might become a better idea of how this stuff works.

    From my side there is just nothing else anymore that I can try. Might give topical Seti a shot if Daro doesn't work, but applying this greasy shit every 12 hours is not going to deliver nice cosmetical results I reckon.
     
    #898 jonnywalker93, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  19. itchymadscalp

    itchymadscalp Established Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2018
    Messages:
    423
    Likes Received:
    230
    Dislikes Received:
    15
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    He logged in 4 days ago ... he reads but remains silent. He's sooo shy :p
     
    Georgie likes this.
  20. Georgie

    Georgie Senior Member My Regimen

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2017
    Messages:
    2,627
    Likes Received:
    2,134
    Dislikes Received:
    62
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Wtf?!
     
    itchymadscalp likes this.

Share This Page