Can High Level Of Tsh Speed Up Hair Loss ?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
and your hair is coming back?

my doctor ruled out thyroid isues age ago because my test were 'normal', plus my hairloss is typical male pattern baldness pattern (receding hairline and crown) so he said it was just normal hairloss. i took finasteride and min and repsonded great to both drugs and regrew a lot of hair. but i had bad sides on finasteride so i quit and the hair got thin again

is it possible that whilst i do have normal male pattern baldness, thyroid issues could have sped the process up? i have the most aggressive hairloss in all my immediate family
Did your doctor test you for Hashimoto's? I always tested normal on my thyroid blood tests(TSH, T4 and T3) but when they tested the antibodies I was abnormal. Most primary care doctors don't test for auto immune thyroid. Mine didn't. Until I went to an endocrinologist, he did.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did your doctor test you for Hashimoto's? I always tested normal on my thyroid blood tests(TSH, T4 and T3) but when they tested the antibodies I was abnormal. Most primary care doctors don't test for auto immune thyroid. Mine didn't. Until I went to an endocrinologist, he did.

i dont know what any of this is. they just did basic stuff i think and told me everything was fine. but i will look into every possibility to stop my hair falling out my f*****g head

so what did that mean for you? you regrew your hair? i always found it odd my hairloss is far more aggressive than ALL my immediate family

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
i dont know what any of this is. they just did basic stuff i think and told me everything was fine. but i will look into every possibility to stop my hair falling out my f*****g head

so what did that mean for you? you regrew your hair? i always found it odd my hairloss is far more aggressive than ALL my immediate family
No it means that I have diffuse hair loss due to male pattern baldness and my thyroid. Bad thing is you don't know which is causing what.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
isnt that what tests will show?
No, you can't tell if they both do the same thing. However, if you see your hair improve over some time you can assume your loss was thyroid related.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
so what should i do now? what should i test? do you know a lot about this thyroid stuff?
Ask your doctor to perform a thyroid antibody test. He will know. PM me a photo of your hair. I can tell you if I think its thyroid related.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ask your doctor to perform a thyroid antibody test. He will know. PM me a photo of your hair. I can tell you if I think its thyroid related.

my hair looks like typical male pattern baldness. thats why the doctor ruled out thyroid issues. receded hairline and thinning crown nw4/5. and pretty diffuse all over in a nw7 pattern.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
my hair looks like typical male pattern baldness. thats why the doctor ruled out thyroid issues. receded hairline and thinning crown nw4/5. and pretty diffuse all over in a nw7 pattern.
You ever plan on getting a hair transplant? Your hair is worse than Dante's.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You ever plan on getting a hair transplant? Your hair is worse than Dante's.

prob not unless i can slow it down with other meds or future hm tech. or with thyroid meds if this is the case.

how can you tell its a thyroid problem? My doctor said it wasnt thyroid related because it would be diffusing all over like a womens hair loss. but pavi said this was bullshit

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
prob not unless i can slow it down with other meds or future hm tech. or with thyroid meds if this is the case.

how can you tell its a thyroid problem? My doctor said it wasnt thyroid related because it would be diffusing all over like a womens hair loss. but pavi said this was bullshit
I disagree with him. You will have diffuse thinning all over. Can you PM a photo of your hair?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree with him. You will have diffuse thinning all over. Can you PM a photo of your hair?

lol you will use it against me for trolling purposes :D

i do have diffuse all over, but especially in the crown and hairline. just normal male pattern baldness pattern. i also have thinning donor hair too

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
lol you will use it against me for trolling purposes :D

i do have diffuse all over, but especially in the crown and hairline. just normal male pattern baldness pattern. i also have thinning donor hair too
Sunchyme, in all seriousness, I would never do that do you or anyone on here. I promise you, your privacy will be respected.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sunchyme, in all seriousness, I would never do that do you or anyone on here. I promise you, your privacy will be respected.

as much as i believe you, i have no interest putting my pics up here. my hairstyles are pretty revealing. id prefer to remain anonymous

like i said its very aggressive. nw7 pattern. thinning donor hair. ill be complete baldie by 40, no hair whatsoever and thin donor.

i had already lost a lot of density by the time i was 18. so i must have started balding when i was 16/17.

i just find it strange, and pretty f*****g unlucky to have such aggressive hair loss compared to all my close male relatives who have none lol

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
as much as i believe you, i have no interest putting my pics up here. my hairstyles are pretty revealing. id prefer to remain anonymous

like i said its very aggressive. nw7 pattern. thinning donor hair. ill be complete baldie by 40, no hair whatsoever and thin donor.

i had already lost a lot of density by the time i was 18. so i must have started balding when i was 16/17.

i just find it strange, and pretty f*****g unlucky to have such aggressive hair loss compared to all my close male relatives who have none lol
What is your ethnic background?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
all white.

why do you disagree with pavi?
I just think you get more of diffuse pattern with thyroid issues. Just makes the most sense to me. Do you have blonde hair and blue eyes?