CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

惯性过弯

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on RU for 6 months now. Applying 25mg to my hairline only. Couldn't use more due to heart side effects. Vehicle KB solution.

I've had decent results - reduced shedding by around half. The past few weeks I've noticed the hair loss has started to increase again, and it's just occurred to me that this was when I started using a new batch (still from The Kane Shop). Has anyone else experienced this or am I maybe overthinking it?
Some percentage around 1-3 I believe goes systematic. Having something with low half life like ru is a good thing.

Regarding this study anti androgens did not increase any heart related side effects:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21981434

Are you still using Ru alone? How did it work?

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hiya Chaps,
I have been on dutasteride for 9 months, good results at the back but shedding at the front continues. I have recently added RU and I would like to continue but I'm worried about the long term effects, particularly on my heart. I was wondering if anyone who has been on this combination (or RU and finasteride) for some time -if so what medical tests do you have done to make sure that it isn't damaging your heart/ arteries?
Thanks!

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw a lot of regrowth on my first three months of RU. Then lost more than baseline — labs show very elevated DHT, Androstenodione and Estradiol and low T despite taking 5mg finasteride. Looking for answers. Wondering if I used too much and sent my HPG into reflex?

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's really weird how much ru were you you using?
I used about 1ml/ day? Maybe a little more? I use a spray bottle. If this is not from RU - it could from peptides I took for an injury that increase HGH production.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 months Chemyo (resorted to a month of Anagen) when a Chemyo order was delayed premixed 5% use 2-4ml 2x daily. No sides, still shedding, some thin regrowth. Also use topical Dutasteride 2x week.

Reactions: KSA

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 months Chemyo (resorted to a month of Anagen) when a Chemyo order was delayed premixed 5% use 2-4ml 2x daily. No sides, still shedding, some thin regrowth. Also use topical Dutasteride 2x week.
Thanks Blue!! How’ve you been? I’ve followed your story for a while. I use chemyo too — I can’t figure out why my androgens are elevated. It’s either a back fire response to RU OR my peptides stimulated more than just growth hormone production. Weirdly DHT was high despite finasteride, but T was low and Estrogen was up. Can’t explain

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw a lot of regrowth on my first three months of RU. Then lost more than baseline — labs show very elevated DHT, Androstenodione and Estradiol and low T despite taking 5mg finasteride. Looking for answers. Wondering if I used too much and sent my HPG into reflex?
Sounds familiar, I am having similar considerations. After 15 years of great success on finasteride, I started diffusing again in mid2019. Last summer, i added premixed RU. The first three or four months i had good results (shedding slowing down, thicker hair, some minor regrowth at the temples), but during the last three months i have lost quite a lot of ground again.
Haven't checked my hormone levels, though. What needs to be said: i am in my forties now - stopping hairloss at this age seems very difficult. Have never tried minoxidil - i don't think it will help much hoe.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds familiar, I am having similar considerations. After 15 years of great success on finasteride, I started diffusing again in mid2019. Last summer, i added premixed RU. The first three or four months i had good results (shedding slowing down, thicker hair, some minor regrowth at the temples), but during the last three months i have lost quite a lot of ground again.
Haven't checked my hormone levels, though. What needs to be said: i am in my forties now - stopping hairloss at this age seems very difficult. Have never tried minoxidil - i don't think it will help much hoe.
Well — I’m 29. It should be easier for you because you’re probably less androgen sensitive I think. Do check those hormone levels — gotta ensure RU isn’t actually a ruining its own benefit. It’s weird - my T was low, but DHT was miles higher than normal despite finasteride. On just finasteride, my DHT is typically undetectable.

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys from inside the EU:
1) Where do you get you RU from?
2) Did you pay customs?
3) Has anyone purchased from actifolic?
1) See 1
2) I paid a transport fee (10 euros, i think, not sure)
3) Yes

I have just started with my second batch (three premixed bottles). At first i was quite enthusiastic, but now i don't know what to think. No notable side effects, but after some initial progress i have lost ground again. The question always remains whether their stuff is legit, although their reviews have been quite good so far.

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) See 1
2) I paid a transport fee (10 euros, i think, not sure)
3) Yes

I have just started with my second batch (three premixed bottles). At first i was quite enthusiastic, but now i don't know what to think. No notable side effects, but after some initial progress i have lost ground again. The question always remains whether their stuff is legit, although their reviews have been quite good so far.
Are you sure you're not going through a shedding phase? Sometimes they last for months. Minoxidil, combined with microneedling, would be viable, too.

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you're not going through a shedding phase? Sometimes they last for months. Minoxidil, combined with microneedling, would be viable, too.
I might. Prior to starting RU, somewhere in late 2019 (just after my 40th birthday), I had a massive shed that lasted for months and never really subsided. I lost 200-300 (mainly thick and healthy) hairs per day. I was thinking about Telogen Effluvium/ shock loss, because i had worried a lot about the health of my unborn son (he turned out fine, fortunately). But then i saw the overall thinning happening. Then i thought that this would be the belated result of dropping finasteride for several weeks/ months while trying to conceive. But even after resuming finasteride, my hairloss continued.
After starting RU, my shed has drastically slowed down. But the majority of the hairs that i lose now are mainly thin and wispy and lack any pigment. This could be explained in two was, one negative and one positive. So far, however, my hair is thinner than ever. I am not giving up (yet), for sure. And i might add minoxidil indeed (i do already dermaroll).

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe you had a spike in DHT after stopping finasteride after so many years of suppression. In my experience, thin hair shedding is precursor of hair growth; it takes quite some time, about 3-4 months, but eventually, my hair thickens up. Anyway, it is what it is. As we age, most of us need to upgrade our regimen. Finasteride alone can only get you that far and minoxidil is a staple. Let's hope Breezula hits the market soon, so we can get our hands on something more researched and reliable than RU.

May I ask you; how was your experience using topical spironolactone? Where do you get it from? Do you mix it yourself?

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe you had a spike in DHT after stopping finasteride after so many years of suppression. In my experience, thin hair shedding is precursor of hair growth; it takes quite some time, about 3-4 months, but eventually, my hair thickens up. Anyway, it is what it is. As we age, most of us need to upgrade our regimen. Finasteride alone can only get you that far and minoxidil is a staple. Let's hope Breezula hits the market soon, so we can get our hands on something more researched and reliable than RU.

May I ask you; how was your experience using topical spironolactone? Where do you get it from? Do you mix it yourself?
Yeah, i second that. I had a good run with finasteride alone - after ten years of maintenance, i took its success more or lees die granted. But genes are powerful: my maternal grandfather and one of my uncles were NW6 at 50 - i suspect that i was heading in that direction without any intervention. Unfortunately, i might still go that way, if this diffusing continues. But you're right, i remain hopeful. The thing that prevents me from adding minoxidil is its life long commitment, the fact that your hairs will become 'addicted' and that it only appears to work for a short time for people that are going downhill.

I used topical spironolactone between 2005-2010 (Dr Lee) and again since 2019 (minoxidilmax, S5 cream). To be honest, i don't think that it is doing much.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Blue!! How’ve you been? I’ve followed your story for a while. I use chemyo too — I can’t figure out why my androgens are elevated. It’s either a back fire response to RU OR my peptides stimulated more than just growth hormone production. Weirdly DHT was high despite finasteride, but T was low and Estrogen was up. Can’t explain
Low T and high E might be because of aromatization turning alot of your T into E, it could be potentially that your body is trying to synthesize more enzymes like 5ar and aromatase to confer act the loss of androgen activity, only thing I can think of right of the bat that would explain high DHT high E and low T.

You could see an endocrinologist if you wanted not sure what they would do though especially because ru is an rc.

Also what solution in 1ml a day? 30% or 50% assuming you're using premixed since you didn't know the dose. Either way if it's only 1ml a day of either of those doses aren't that high at 1ml a day. Also did you get the a RU tested yourself who knows what the f*** these vendors are putting in this sh*t.

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i second that. I had a good run with finasteride alone - after ten years of maintenance, i took its success more or lees die granted. But genes are powerful: my maternal grandfather and one of my uncles were NW6 at 50 - i suspect that i was heading in that direction without any intervention. Unfortunately, i might still go that way, if this diffusing continues. But you're right, i remain hopeful. The thing that prevents me from adding minoxidil is its life long commitment, the fact that your hairs will become 'addicted' and that it only appears to work for a short time for people that are going downhill.

I used topical spironolactone between 2005-2010 (Dr Lee) and again since 2019 (minoxidilmax, S5 cream). To be honest, i don't think that it is doing much.
Thanks for your take on spironolactone. I don't think I'll use it in the near future.

As for minoxidil, it is, indeed, a life-long commitment, but so is fighting this f***ing curse. I mix minoxidil from powder on my own, which is much more cost-effective than buying it premixed or buying other compounds. I don't think that it works only for a short period of time. IMO that comes from people who don't inhibit DHT, so the hair loss continues and becomes as prominent as before when the gains from minoxidil finally reach their peak. Having to apply it every day or even twice a day sucks bad, though. If I ever get fed up with it, I might just start popping a few mgs orally *fingers crossed*.