CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what you're getting at. It seems like a lot of people have had good results on RU.
but not as good as minoxidil or finasteride and it's a pain to get and expensive. I mean for someone newly balding who says no min, no finasteride for me, then a future of RU seems pretty bleak but maybe these good results are not publicized cause even on topical minoxidil, very few people get good results except the very young. It just seems like another thing to keep guys worrying about that is of only marginal utility compared to what is legal and exists and which has double-blind testing and so on....

If Alfatradiol did anything, we would know. Genetics differ so yeah RU might work better than alfatradiol but self-assertions are often just due to the placebo effect and the desire for us to see something different even if not apparent to others. RU and CB and fluridil all seem like marginal treatments that never really go anywhere.

MartianMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
but not as good as minoxidil or finasteride and it's a pain to get and expensive. I mean for someone newly balding who says no min, no finasteride for me, then a future of RU seems pretty bleak but maybe these good results are not publicized cause even on topical minoxidil, very few people get good results except the very young. It just seems like another thing to keep guys worrying about that is of only marginal utility compared to what is legal and exists and which has double-blind testing and so on....

If Alfatradiol did anything, we would know. Genetics differ so yeah RU might work better than alfatradiol but self-assertions are often just due to the placebo effect and the desire for us to see something different even if not apparent to others. RU and CB and fluridil all seem like marginal treatments that never really go anywhere.
Okay, well I have been on finasteride for about 6 years and minoxidil around 4 and it's been slowly going all the while. Was just looking for anyone who used RU to answer my two questions on the stability of it mainly, not discuss whether it works or not, I'll find that out soon!

I will probably take progress pics if anyones interested.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, well I have been on finasteride for about 6 years and minoxidil around 4 and it's been slowly going all the while. Was just looking for anyone who used RU to answer my two questions on the stability of it mainly, not discuss whether it works or not, I'll find that out soon!

I will probably take progress pics if anyones interested.
I am not against you or it but some of these arcane treatments are not easily put together. You seem to have to mix things and I don't like getting my hands dirty and sending money orders Goddess-knows where.... I hope it is synergistic for you or even effective in an additive fashion.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using 50mg Chemyk premixed 5% with topical Dutasteride 1-2x week. Concentrate on the front, no benefit extreme shedding, lowered libido

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm jumping on the RU train.
dutasteride, finasteride, 15% min+finasteride all did nothing for me.
Time to give this a try and tackle it at the scalp level.

I'm buying the 5% pre-made from actifolic and will use it alongside my 15% minoxidil max.

edit. at checkout and they don't ship to the UK?? where are other UK RU users getting their products?

Last edited:

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm buying the 5% pre-made from actifolic and will use it alongside my 15% minoxidil max.

edit. at checkout and they don't ship to the UK?? where are other UK RU users getting their products?
I get mine from Anageninc

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is most of your hair loss at the hairline?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it has been mostly there, receded at temples and at forelock but also thinning all over.

Why do you ask
Thanks, I figured. It just seems that people with hairline issues in particular seem to benefit most from antiandrogens which target all types of androgens from binding to the receptor, such as RU, and do not seem to benefit as much from DHT inhibition or stimulants. Are you a relatively low norwood?

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I figured. It just seems that people with hairline issues in particular seem to benefit most from antiandrogens which target all types of androgens from binding to the receptor, such as RU, and do not seem to benefit as much from DHT inhibition or stimulants. Are you a relatively low norwood?

NW2/3 at the moment.
Thanks that's encouraging and I think you're right that finasteride/dutasteride don't seem to do it for similar types of hairloss to mine.

Here's hoping attacking it from this angle does

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

if you didnt respond to finasteride you can bet your life that you wont respond to Ru

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What Hemingway said is a possibility, but there is no reason to believe that as a hard rule IMO. The two drugs operate via completely different mechanisms. Derek from MPMD crushed his DHT and lost more hair on dutasteride than finasteride (frontal diffusing hairline), but reconciled it by switching back to finasteride and adding RU. The issue is more complex than any of us realize. Things change once you get to the scalp and intrafollicular level.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, some people get no success on dutasteride for others it is a game changer and vice versa with finasteride. Everyone seems to have slight variations which means they respond totally uniquely to all treatments.
At this point I'm going to give it a try