CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
What Hemingway said is a possibility, but there is no reason to believe that as a hard rule IMO. The two drugs operate via completely different mechanisms. Derek from MPMD crushed his DHT and lost more hair on dutasteride than finasteride (frontal diffusing hairline), but reconciled it by switching back to finasteride and adding RU. The issue is more complex than any of us realize. Things change once you get to the scalp and intrafollicular level.

That’s precisely my experience. Except, I can interchange between keto 2% and RU equally successful.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What Hemingway said is a possibility, but there is no reason to believe that as a hard rule IMO. The two drugs operate via completely different mechanisms. Derek from MPMD crushed his DHT and lost more hair on dutasteride than finasteride (frontal diffusing hairline), but reconciled it by switching back to finasteride and adding RU. The issue is more complex than any of us realize. Things change once you get to the scalp and intrafollicular level.
He increased his test dose during the duta trial to 2000ng/dl which is ovrr double the high end of natural test limit

He used to earn commission on RU from Kane, I’m pretty sure even he doesn’t believe in it anymore tbh

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
He increased his test dose during the duta trial to 2000ng/dl which is ovrr double the high end of natural test limit

He used to earn commission on RU from Kane, I’m pretty sure even he doesn’t believe in it anymore tbh

Did he make that disclaimer?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I figured. It just seems that people with hairline issues in particular seem to benefit most from antiandrogens which target all types of androgens from binding to the receptor, such as RU, and do not seem to benefit as much from DHT inhibition or stimulants. Are you a relatively low norwood?
This is an interesting point brought up more than referenced to studies. Some say similar things about P4 working better on the hairline. I have tried it at times but it's hard to know how I would verify. I take 200mg daily of Prometrium orally but it is systemically absorbed much better rectally which with the 200mg is fine but the 100mg pills are bright orange or red and melt everywhere....

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did he make that disclaimer?
Yes, he did. He was testing to see if to much T, even without DHT, can cause hair loss. And yes, but 2000 mg of T per week is insane . For TRT , to be in the high or over the limit, most people will need no more than 200 mg per week, so he used 10 times the what will give you a normal HIGH testosterone or even beyond the limits.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it was 2000ng/dl, not mg. But 175mg is an actual dose that you can inject. Not-so-lost.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Booker and Hemingway together make their not so polite opinions felt. Agree or be damned as "idiots". Where are your pics guys? Hemingway, don't you have an abandoned thread that is supposed to be full of progress pics? I kept looking and then I felt sorry for you. I wouldn't wish failure on anyone but bedside manner, anyone?

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
I started RU as part of hair loss reversal in general when I was a low-dose steroid user (ranging between ~150 mg testosterone enanthate per week). I took it along with finasteride, rogaine foam, and microneedling. I regrew some hair as an extremely advanced diffused thinner. Now I'm 3 months off the roids, natty test feels recovered, and I wonder if I should just ditch the RU. Because I started everything roughly all at once I cannot tease apart what is doing what.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
Oral finasteride stunted my beard growth so I had to jump on RU instead, no issues with beard so far
150920.jpg

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Booker and Hemingway together make their not so polite opinions felt. Agree or be damned as "idiots". Where are your pics guys? Hemingway, don't you have an abandoned thread that is supposed to be full of progress pics? I kept looking and then I felt sorry for you. I wouldn't wish failure on anyone but bedside
Booker and Hemingway together make their not so polite opinions felt. Agree or be damned as "idiots". Where are your pics guys? Hemingway, don't you have an abandoned thread that is supposed to be full of progress pics? I kept looking and then I felt sorry for you. I wouldn't wish failure on anyone but bedside manner, anyone?
You’re on a full trans regiment, as far as hair is concerned it would be almost impossible for you to not succeed. Don’t pretend to be knowledgeable just because taking female hormones is regrowing your hair. I am on a much harder path for hair regrowth and there is no easy solution.

We are not on the same level of knowledge which is why I never bother to debate with you. It’s kind of sad how you still hover on these forums because you don’t feel appreciated or wanted in any other areas of your life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re on a full trans regiment, as far as hair is concerned it would be almost impossible for you to not succeed. Don’t pretend to be knowledgeable just because taking female hormones is regrowing your hair. I am on a much harder path for hair regrowth and there is no easy solution.

We are not on the same level of knowledge which is why I never bother to debate with you. It’s kind of sad how you still hover on these forums because you don’t feel appreciated or wanted in any other areas of your life.
My goodness. My Goddess. Talk about someone with a need to use purported intelligence to Propecia up something. You can't affect me. I am done. My hair has grown back and yes, I am no longer an XY stooge. You consider your avatar some epitome of male looks. The person was a sissy who killed themselves. Better a happy sissy with hair than a dead one in self-denial only chasing hair "by the rules".<winks>

Goddess bless,
Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My goodness. My Goddess. Talk about someone with a need to use purported intelligence to Propecia up something. You can't affect me. I am done. My hair has grown back and yes, I am no longer an XY stooge. You consider your avatar some epitome of male looks. The person was a sissy who killed themselves. Better a happy sissy with hair than a dead one in self-denial only chasing hair "by the rules".<winks>

Goddess bless,
Janey
And oh, Hem. Janey's a cultured woman but Will says than any certified male incel is guaranteed to prefer this answer. Boys are very strange says Janey but:

1627443239376.png

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And oh, Hem. Janey's a cultured woman but Will says than any certified male incel is guaranteed to prefer this answer. Boys are very strange says Janey but:

View attachment 166484
And this sort of pic too. Trust me, rowdy guys always prefer me to wear the wig if I wear gay, I mean. I am strictly chickly and more than enough dig this way too much, way, way too much, the change of vulnerability. Do you think that I would give this up for Will's little bit of finasteride hair.? I am 5' 6" and weigh 122 pounds when I am not on oral minoxidil. The sacrifices one makes to be purrfect she says.

But systems just aren't the same as wigs. Wigs make a girl look believable and sophisticated even when down on her knees, you know, scrubbing the floor since I have always been a Jewish trophy wife at heart. We are the best trophies of all but we don't give it away cheap.

1627443405265.png

Last edited:

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on RU + minoxidil for almost 1 year. 50 mg/day applied topically once daily for both.

- Month 2 my shedding halted completely - I went from shedding 60-100 hairs in the shower to practically zero.
- Month 2 to 6, zero shedding and impressive increase in hair growth. My hair grew in denser than it had in many years. Many people actually commented that my hair looked darker. Interestingly, my hair got sort of curly during this time which was strange because I had always had straight hair.
- Month 7 I started shedding again, about the same rate as I did before starting treatment - 60-100 hairs per shower
- Month 7 to 11 gradual decrease in density as the shedding took it's toll. All curly hairs grown during months 2 to 6 are gone and my hair started to turn straight again.

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm at exactly the same place that I started.

No side effects that I'm aware of. For the first 2 months, the topical solution made my scalp dry and flaky but that subsided entirely.

Not sure if the RU is actually doing anything or if everything I've experienced is a result of the minoxidil.
grew they back after sticking with RU? Could it be you were using a pre mixed bottle which was relatively old?

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
grew they back after sticking with RU? Could it be you were using a pre mixed bottle which was relatively old?

Nope. I mix my RU from powder every month or two. I test every batch to make sure what I receive is identical to what I've always been applying.

I've been sticking to the same regimen quoted above for nearly the last two years (about 21 months). I have about the same hair as when I started. If I were to draw a graph, I think it would look like this.

Hair.png

I'm still not sure if the RU is doing anything. Maybe it is helping a little bit... but I feel like the results I've achieved are pretty typical for somebody just using minoxidil alone. Still no side effects, which is why I've continued using it.

The only other thing I could think of is that I stopped micro-needling around month 4. Frankly I found it to be too much trouble.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone compared 5% RU to 2% ketoconazole? I guess i could just try, just wondering if keto can be as effective as RU. I was going to buy ketoconazole powder and add to minoxidil.