CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on RU + minoxidil for almost 1 year. 50 mg/day applied topically once daily for both.

- Month 2 my shedding halted completely - I went from shedding 60-100 hairs in the shower to practically zero.
- Month 2 to 6, zero shedding and impressive increase in hair growth. My hair grew in denser than it had in many years. Many people actually commented that my hair looked darker. Interestingly, my hair got sort of curly during this time which was strange because I had always had straight hair.
- Month 7 I started shedding again, about the same rate as I did before starting treatment - 60-100 hairs per shower
- Month 7 to 11 gradual decrease in density as the shedding took it's toll. All curly hairs grown during months 2 to 6 are gone and my hair started to turn straight again.

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm at exactly the same place that I started.

No side effects that I'm aware of. For the first 2 months, the topical solution made my scalp dry and flaky but that subsided entirely.

Not sure if the RU is actually doing anything or if everything I've experienced is a result of the minoxidil.

Haaribol

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time finasteride user (15+ years), no minoxidil. Noticed increased shedding and diffused thinning again in late 2019. Started premixed RU in mid 2020.
I experience the same rollercoaster as @Ausgebombt, @KSA and others.
Right after starting RU: the infamous itch went away - still virtually non-existent.
1-3 months: shedding decreased.
4-5 months: gradual increase in density, very slight regrowth at temples.
6-7 months: loss of density once again, increase in shedding, thin and wispy hairs ONLY!
8+ months (current situation): less shedding - mainly thicker hairs again. Slow increase in density once again, but not sure about its lasting effect.

Reactions: KSA

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on RU + minoxidil for almost 1 year. 50 mg/day applied topically once daily for both.

- Month 2 my shedding halted completely - I went from shedding 60-100 hairs in the shower to practically zero.
- Month 2 to 6, zero shedding and impressive increase in hair growth. My hair grew in denser than it had in many years. Many people actually commented that my hair looked darker. Interestingly, my hair got sort of curly during this time which was strange because I had always had straight hair.
- Month 7 I started shedding again, about the same rate as I did before starting treatment - 60-100 hairs per shower
- Month 7 to 11 gradual decrease in density as the shedding took it's toll. All curly hairs grown during months 2 to 6 are gone and my hair started to turn straight again.

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm at exactly the same place that I started.

No side effects that I'm aware of. For the first 2 months, the topical solution made my scalp dry and flaky but that subsided entirely.

Not sure if the RU is actually doing anything or if everything I've experienced is a result of the minoxidil.

Sounds like AR upregulation. Try take 3 months off ru before starting up again or you could try upping the dose to 100 mg ed.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@telogen how's your hair and regimen these days?
Maintaining, no itch, very little shedding. Little to no sides.
My biggest issue right now is actually graying, but would soon start antigraying protocol.

I'm doing 60 mg RU/Oh-flut 2x ED, 20 mg estriol x 2 ED
Microneedling 1 mm every two weeks.
Topical dutasteride 1%, once every week. Avoiding applying dutasteride close to the microneedling as it will increase sides.

Now considering switching the RU/Oh-flut and topical dutasteride with ORM, as i would prefer sticking to as few treatments as possible.

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My biggest issue right now is actually graying, but would soon start antigraying protocol.

Topical dutasteride 1%, once every week. Avoiding applying dutasteride close to the microneedling as it will increase sides.

Now considering switching the RU/Oh-flut and topical dutasteride with ORM, as i would prefer sticking to as few treatments as possible.
no sides with the estriol? ORM and estriol would be challenging to manage sides i would think.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

R u thinking of ORM because of @AndrewBarnes ?

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question about RU. I accidentally left my RU powder out of the freezer last night after using it. I was wondering what you guys think is it any good? Or maybe did it just lose some of its efficacy? Btw the temperate in my bathroom where I left it over night might have been in the 60 degrees Fahrenheit I’m guessing.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question about RU. I accidentally left my RU powder out of the freezer last night after using it. I was wondering what you guys think is it any good? Or maybe did it just lose some of its efficacy? Btw the temperate in my bathroom where I left it over night might have been in the 60 degrees Fahrenheit I’m guessing.
Ur good bro

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience with RU has been good so far. I started towards the end of November actually the of October I started my first dose but I would miss a few days in between. I stopped for a few weeks and I finally took it more serious towards the end of November. After about 3 weeks at the dose of 20mg it halted my shed by maybe about 80 to 90% which was really surprising to me given that I still miss 1-2 days a week. I don’t think I have ever completed a full week of ru since starting. Also to further prove its working I missed a week and a half of applying it because I recently moved and guess what? My shedding came back. A lot of hairs in my hand after shampooing and in the shower floor. I have been on it again for a week now and shedding is slowing down quickly. I’m currently at 25mg but on my next batch starting Monday I’m cranking it up to 30mg.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience with RU has been good so far. I started towards the end of November actually the of October I started my first dose but I would miss a few days in between. I stopped for a few weeks and I finally took it more serious towards the end of November. After about 3 weeks at the dose of 20mg it halted my shed by maybe about 80 to 90% which was really surprising to me given that I still miss 1-2 days a week. I don’t think I have ever completed a full week of ru since starting. Also to further prove its working I missed a week and a half of applying it because I recently moved and guess what? My shedding came back. A lot of hairs in my hand after shampooing and in the shower floor. I have been on it again for a week now and shedding is slowing down quickly. I’m currently at 25mg but on my next batch starting Monday I’m cranking it up to 30mg.
That’s how it was for in the beginning. It has seemed to lose efficacy over time tho

MartianMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two questions. I mixed 1.5 grams of RU in to 60ml minoxidil liquid solution as I apply either 2ml minoxidil once or 1ml minoxidil twice. This gives me 50mg of RU per day, either in one dose or two 25mgs, once at night and morning.

1. Is RU stable enough to last 30 days in solution? I heard RU is not that stable, and I store the minoxidil/RU mixture in the fridge.
2. Is two 25mg RU applications in one day less effective than one 50mg?

I took my first 2* 25mg doses today, and I am already thinking I have heart tightness lol. I think at this point its placebo. I had 0 side effects from both finasteride & min, other than watery semen... but knowing in the back of my mind RU is still a research chemical is probably making the placebo effect worse. I will try to forget I'm using it to be honest.

Thanks

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two questions. I mixed 1.5 grams of RU in to 60ml minoxidil liquid solution as I apply either 2ml minoxidil once or 1ml minoxidil twice. This gives me 50mg of RU per day, either in one dose or two 25mgs, once at night and morning.

1. Is RU stable enough to last 30 days in solution? I heard RU is not that stable, and I store the minoxidil/RU mixture in the fridge.
2. Is two 25mg RU applications in one day less effective than one 50mg?

I took my first 2* 25mg doses today, and I am already thinking I have heart tightness lol. I think at this point its placebo. I had 0 side effects from both finasteride & min, other than watery semen... but knowing in the back of my mind RU is still a research chemical is probably making the placebo effect worse. I will try to forget I'm using it to be honest.

Thanks
I would do one 50 mg application. I had heart tightness as well for first week, but it dissipated. I buy powder and mix every application to have it be as fresh as possible

MartianMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would do one 50 mg application. I had heart tightness as well for first week, but it dissipated. I buy powder and mix every application to have it be as fresh as possible

Just wondering actually how unstable it is. Mixing 50mg every day with a 1ml solution will be tiresome.

What about the pre-made RU solutions you can find online? (30ml)

People seem to use these and have success.

I am skeptical of the claims RU is highly unstable.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering actually how unstable it is. Mixing 50mg every day with a 1ml solution will be tiresome.

What about the pre-made RU solutions you can find online? (30ml)

People seem to use these and have success.

I am skeptical of the claims RU is highly unstable.
It’s less tiresome than losing your hair