CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk man — it worked like magic month 1 to 3, then I started the worst shed I’ve ever had in a long *** time.
I didn’t believe it was real for a while and did this as a last ditch lark... it dried out my scalp for sure, which was oily. I also use minoxidil. I’m currently back to square 1 :/ maybe the pre mixed bottles don’t last long? I get them from chemyo

Attachments

• 7A116152-058D-4476-ADC9-C69F7ECF2164.jpeg
    7A116152-058D-4476-ADC9-C69F7ECF2164.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 6578B5C3-A4B7-4669-B21D-B26EDEFF9AB9.jpeg
    6578B5C3-A4B7-4669-B21D-B26EDEFF9AB9.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 179

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk man — it worked like magic month 1 to 3, then I started the worst shed I’ve ever had in a long *** time.
I didn’t believe it was real for a while and did this as a last ditch lark... it dried out my scalp for sure, which was oily. I also use minoxidil. I’m currently back to square 1 :/ maybe the pre mixed bottles don’t last long? I get them from chemyo
f***-- this kills me. Going through that right now. Shedding unlike ever before. Just hair after after. Seeing my diffuse get worse. And im using sometimes more than 120 mg

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And is ur regimine on the side accurate? Because thats intense to still be losing, dude. Im so sorry

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And is ur regimine on the side accurate? Because thats intense to still be losing, dude. Im so sorry
What does my regimen say? I can’t find it on this new layout. I have tried it all.
I’m currently taking only Proscar and RU. Those results were also only Proscar,RU and some microneedling and minoxidil.
RU does work. I think when I first took it I noticed my libido was lower, but that passes. Sometimes it causes mild mild micro gyno, but that could be finasteride idk.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What does my regimen say? I can’t find it on this new layout. I have tried it all.
I’m currently taking only Proscar and RU. Those results were also only Proscar,RU and some microneedling and minoxidil.
RU does work. I think when I first took it I noticed my libido was lower, but that passes. Sometimes it causes mild mild micro gyno, but that could be finasteride idk.
Ohhh it says Aldactone.. I took Aldactone. Idk if it worked really. I def had more hair on it, but that was also 3 years ago. Aldactone is exhausting because you’re always tired and thirsty on it as it is a diuretic. It never really reduced my sebhorrea which made me question its efficacy for me, personally. Now, if Aldactone/spironolactone works for you — that’s amazing. It’s not a strong feminising agent. Anyone who suggests otherwise hasn’t tried it OR has less sensitive AR than I do

Last edited:

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It says ur on 200 mg spironolactone, 10% Minoxidil, and 5 mg finasteride

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ohhh it says Aldactone.. I took Aldactone. Idk if it worked really. I def had more hair on it, but that was also 3 years ago. Aldactone is exhausting because you’re always tired and thirsty on it as it is a diuretic. It never really reduced my sebhorrea which made me question its efficacy for me, personally. Now, if Aldactone/spironolactone works for you — that’s amazing. It’s not a strong feminising agent. Anyone who suggests otherwise hasn’t tried it OR has less sensitive AR than I do
f*** man-- yeah im on Dutasteride, RU (upwards of like 120 mg), castor oil, min, microneedlie-- still losing

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** man-- yeah im on Dutasteride, RU (upwards of like 120 mg), castor oil, min, microneedlie-- still losing
Damn. I wonder if our RU just doesn’t stay stable...? That’s probably why the shedding after a period of less aggro shedding.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. I wonder if our RU just doesn’t stay stable...? That’s probably why the shedding after a period of less aggro shedding.
I have a weird theory that if you get to high in ru dosage-- maybe you androgens upregulate? who the hell knows. This stuff is beyond my understanding

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you held on to this? how old r u
About to be 30. I’ve been on only RU and Proscar since September. But with that being said, I have tried every anti-androgen (love it or hate it) — and this was the most effective combo for me in a long long time. I was on only finasteride in 2019, and I felt like I just lost density — now looking back I think I was relatively stable. I tried dutasteride - it just made me oilier and hornier, so I thought those weren’t good signs. I tried a low dose of Cyrpoterone, which I thought would be perfect because I still had low normal male T, but maybe the low E (Cypro reduces both) caused more hair loss during that period of 9 months

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a weird theory that if you get to high in ru dosage-- maybe you androgens upregulate? who the hell knows. This stuff is beyond my understanding
I don’t think so — RU has a strong binding affinity. If your receptors upregulate, it shouldn’t matter because RU is blocking the site of action. If suddenly you developed bad seb derm, and started breaking out on RU — this would be a conversation about upregualtion.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think so — RU has a strong binding affinity. If your androgens upregulate, it shouldn’t matter because RU is blocking their site of action. If suddenly you developed bad seb derm, and started breaking out on RU — this would be a conversation about upregualtion.
Oh--- yeah I don't have that. I wonder what the f*** is happening. I'm shedding like crazy

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf it looks like you just buzzed your crown

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wtf it looks like you just buzzed your crown
I know and it looks like that rn too. Idk what it is about my crown follicles that like to go dormant like that. I saw a transplant surgeon last week and she was irritatingly very adamant that I just regrow this hair. I was like lady — every so many months since I was about 19 my crown sheds unpredictably and I don’t know what actually reactivates it

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know and it looks like that rn too. Idk what it is about my crown follicles that like to go dormant like that. I saw a transplant surgeon last week and she was irritatingly very adamant that I just regrow this hair. I was like lady — every so many months since I was about 19 my crown sheds unpredictably and I don’t know what actually reactivates it
how long have u been on treatment?