CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How does one order RU now that KaneShop has gone to sh*t?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
How does one order RU now that KaneShop has gone to sh*t?
I thought the Kane shop was just revamped?
Now you just go to theKaneshop.com?
Or am I missing something?

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a step by step guide for dummies as to how you could add RU to minoxidil liquid? Although I don't reckon I'd get this through customs anyway... But might at least try and see...

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a step by step guide for dummies as to how you could add RU to minoxidil liquid? Although I don't reckon I'd get this through customs anyway... But might at least try and see...
1. Take the RU powder ( say 5g)
2. Pour into minoxidil bottle (100 ml)
3. shake until solution is clear

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Take the RU powder ( say 5g)
2. Pour into minoxidil bottle (100 ml)
3. shake until solution is clear

I noticed you don't add the RU to minoxidil yourself but Stemoxydine instead (I'm not sure what Stemoxydine is..) But is there a reason for this and how would you go about applying the RU and minoxidil? Would you have to sit and wait for one or the other to dry first?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed you don't add the RU to minoxidil yourself but Stemoxydine instead (I'm not sure what Stemoxydine is..) But is there a reason for this and how would you go about applying the RU and minoxidil? Would you have to sit and wait for one or the other to dry first?
No reason. Any alcohol based solution will solve RU well. Ideally you should wait for some hours between one solution and the other. But in the end you end up waiting for just one or two.

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed that I can bump my dose up if I use the k&b solution without getting real sides. Anyone noticed this? Used to dissolve ru in minoxidil in the past.

Hair is still maintaining though.

What kind of vehicles are you guys using?

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed that I can bump my dose up if I use the k&b solution without getting real sides. Anyone noticed this? Used to dissolve ru in minoxidil in the past.

Hair is still maintaining though.

What kind of vehicles are you guys using?
I use the Everclear vodka/PG combo. I was also able to increase the dose of RU with no sides...but also no shed/gain after 9 months. I gave it up as the effort was not seemingly worth my while (having to pre-mix solutions on a regular basis, waiting for RU to dry before applying Minoxidil, having powdery scalp occasionally). If anyone has any updates please report back, as my current regime is also doing no more than maintaining.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you need a bank account to do the bank wire transfer to buy RU from thekaneshop? Or i can just do an ingress to them straight? Without involving my bank account

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any expectation for a shed when starting RU? I’m considering 5% daily in a stemox base. I have good cover but lost a lot when I started oral minoxidil.

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I started Ru 58841 6 days ago and I've been experiencing some side effects. I've been using 1.2 mL (60 mg) on and behind my hairline. After I applied it, I get a bit of a headache and I have been feeling a mild ball ache. My dick also felt kinda soft. I'm not sure if im just in my own head or not. Additionally, my hairline is going through a decent shed right now. I'm shedding a lot of thick hairs that I probably wasnt going to lose for at least a while. I dropped the dosage down to 40-35 mg might drop it further if i keep feeling sides. Anyone have any advice should I stop all use or see it through to see if i get results? Also, did anyone have an initial shed on ru and bounce back? I'm starting to get worried. Honestly, I'd feel a lot better if the shedding stopped and then I could play with the dose to limit the sides. I use finasteride and havent had any sides. Any help/ advice would be much appreciated.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I started Ru 58841 6 days ago and I've been experiencing some side effects. I've been using 1.2 mL (60 mg) on and behind my hairline. After I applied it, I get a bit of a headache and I have been feeling a mild ball ache. My dick also felt kinda soft. I'm not sure if im just in my own head or not. Additionally, my hairline is going through a decent shed right now. I'm shedding a lot of thick hairs that I probably wasnt going to lose for at least a while. I dropped the dosage down to 40-35 mg might drop it further if i keep feeling sides. Anyone have any advice should I stop all use or see it through to see if i get results? Also, did anyone have an initial shed on ru and bounce back? I'm starting to get worried. Honestly, I'd feel a lot better if the shedding stopped and then I could play with the dose to limit the sides. I use finasteride and havent had any sides. Any help/ advice would be much appreciated.

Where is your RU from ?

Im surprised you're having sides at such a low dose. I use a 5% solution and use however much it takes to cover my scalp (normally 5-6ml)
As youve said it could very well be in your head - however as you're taking finasteride it is far more likely that that the finasteride is causing you sides.

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is your RU from ?

Im surprised you're having sides at such a low dose. I use a 5% solution and use however much it takes to cover my scalp (normally 5-6ml)
As youve said it could very well be in your head - however as you're taking finasteride it is far more likely that that the finasteride is causing you sides.

I got my RU from anagen. Ya i didnt feel great the first couple days I used it. I was using it pretty much only on my hairline though so maybe the location was really concentrated. I'm down to 35 mg and the headaches have gone away, libido seems better but not the best. Do you think I should just stop? I'm really really worried about this shed. I came out of a finasteride shed and was stable for a couple weeks before starting RU. Almost instantly I started shedding more as soon as I started RU. Some people say their shedding immediately stopped on RU and some people say that their shedding went on for months. I don't think I can handle a prolonged shed. Any advice would be amazing

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my RU from anagen. Ya i didnt feel great the first couple days I used it. I was using it pretty much only on my hairline though so maybe the location was really concentrated. I'm down to 35 mg and the headaches have gone away, libido seems better but not the best. Do you think I should just stop? I'm really really worried about this shed. I came out of a finasteride shed and was stable for a couple weeks before starting RU. Almost instantly I started shedding more as soon as I started RU. Some people say their shedding immediately stopped on RU and some people say that their shedding went on for months. I don't think I can handle a prolonged shed. Any advice would be amazing

I have to say that is pretty weird getting sides at such a low dose considering you havent had any sides with finasteride thus far. As for the shedding that remains a bit of a general mystery as i've heard people give supporting and conflicting evidence for shedding on a topical AA.

If someone is going to give you more concrete info on this it would be @IdealForehead .

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say that is pretty weird getting sides at such a low dose considering you havent had any sides with finasteride thus far. As for the shedding that remains a bit of a general mystery as i've heard people give supporting and conflicting evidence for shedding on a topical AA.

If someone is going to give you more concrete info on this it would be @IdealForehead .

Yeah that's a pretty tiny dose of a relatively weak anti-androgen. I'd be shocked if that got anyone long term results.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I used it in the classic 70/30 Eth/PG vehicle, I noticed that I could get it to absorb super fast if I showered my head with warm water beforehand. Whether you want it to absorb super-fast is a different matter, so if you don't, I'd avoid applying it to a wet head.

I'd also advise not to use it on an irregular basis. I tried using it every other day for a while, every time that I had a day off I had a super high libido that day (AR probably upregulates while on RU and then exhibits increased sensitivity for a short while). So using it every other day would just create AR-spikes and massive shedding. Either use it regularly every day or not at all.

I could not handle the brain fog I was getting from RU which was too harsh considering how poorly it maintained my hair.

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's a pretty tiny dose of a relatively weak anti-androgen. I'd be shocked if that got anyone long term results.
@Ollie @IdealForehead So 35mg just at the hairline isn't enough to actually help? To be honest, the itch has gone away which is a good sign. Do you guys thinks it's worth it for me to keep trying or should I just quit before the shed gets too noticeable?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ollie @IdealForehead So 35mg just at the hairline isn't enough to actually help? To be honest, the itch has gone away which is a good sign. Do you guys thinks it's worth it for me to keep trying or should I just quit before the shed gets too noticeable?

I can't see how it would make your hair worse. But at least for my hair I need at least 5% RU 2 mL twice daily ie. 200 mg a day to really come close to slowing my loss down and even than doesn't stop it completely. Maybe I'm just less sensitive to it than you. I don't know.

I think there are very few people who have claimed their hair loss has completely stopped on RU or that they've maintained long term results on it. And that's because it's a very weak agent.

Last edited:

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't see how it would make your hair worse. But at least for my hair I need at least 5% RU 2 mL twice daily ie. 200 mg a day to really come close to slowing my loss down and even than doesn't stop it completely. Maybe I'm just less sensitive to it than you. I don't know.

I think there are very few people who have claimed their hair loss has completely stopped on RU or that they've maintained long term results on it. And that's because it's a very weak agent.

Isn't 200 mg a day a really high dose? I wouldn't be able to afford such a large dose. If RU is really that weak would I be better to try my luck with Daro ? Or is there a different topical AA a step up from RU you'd recommend. I need something powerful and finasteride gave me strong sides.