CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man lately I have been contemplating adding RU myself, to my morning routine, just as an extra angle of protection

Do you think this is overkill if I'm stabilized on finasteride and still getting regrowth on my current regimen?

I just really do not want to wake up one day and realize I am balding again

Why would you if you are still even regrowing? Some people do have extra thickening when they add RU to their finasteride but overall it's not likely. I would wait if I were you.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so what's the consensus on this ? does it work or not ?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you if you are still even regrowing? Some people do have extra thickening when they add RU to their finasteride but overall it's not likely. I would wait if I were you.

I wasn't thinking so much for regrowth as much as just extra measure of protection against any follicles that might still be susceptible to dht

But yeah, for now I'm going to just stick with what I'm doing

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am now on the 9th month.
There has been absolutely no sides, no regrowth, and no sign of anything different since adding RU into my regime.
There is still enough powder in my freezer to last two more weeks, but I'm thinking that will be it.
Due to a busy lifestyle and already committing to other treatments, I feel that the burden of having to mix up the solution regularly and having to first apply RU and waiting for it to dry before applying minoxidil is proving far too taxing for seemingly no gain.
If this experience has amounted to anything, I guess I could say I gave a fair chance to what sounds like a very credible form of treatment.
Good luck guys! Please report back if anyone has any updates.

mikes23

Reaction score
my RU just came in so i want to start that with stemoxydine but need help with some calculations. if i want to make one week batches with 20 mg being in one ml how would i go about it?

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia is like a downward escalator, while you walk up. The weaker you regimen, down you go. The stronger it is, up you go. Maintenance is basically walking up at the same speed as the escalator.

The speed of the escalator can represent androgen sensitivity. YOU represent the potency of your regimen.

mikes23

Reaction score
@Swoop could you help me with this, want to start RU asap. how many milligrams do you use? so If i only want to use 20 mgs so that would be a 2% solution in one ML. would I have to dissolve 200 mg in that 10 ml solution? that would be .2 on my weighing scale correct? and do you make batches daily, weekly or monthly? if anyone has advise id appreciate it, thanks.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there atleast one guy who has seen positive results on RU? I did not have seen one evidence pic

Yunaiba

Reaction score
The truth is...appart from some claims and 1 guys...nobody has either....
I can tell you...been using it for 2 years...lost ground...saw no benefits whatsoever

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Swoop could you help me with this, want to start RU asap. how many milligrams do you use? so If i only want to use 20 mgs so that would be a 2% solution in one ML. would I have to dissolve 200 mg in that 10 ml solution? that would be .2 on my weighing scale correct? and do you make batches daily, weekly or monthly? if anyone has advise id appreciate it, thanks.

Correct. I make 2 weekly batches.

iqual

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello guys,
sorry for my english :)
I am thinking about starting using RU58841... I have been using finasteride for 3 years, but now I am only on nizoral shampoo. Can RU58841+nizoral be effective against hair loss ? without using minoxidil or finasteride ?

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct. I make 2 weekly batches.
Hello again Swoop.

From what I have gathered, you cycle RU and finasteride. Is there any reason as to why you prefer RU over 'Eucapil' (topilutamide), which also is a non-steroidal antiandrogen, but seemingly more studied for side-effects etc in humans compared? Not only that, but also it is approved for topical use for Androgenetic Alopecia in EU (where you also live...I think). So to sum it up;

Why do you prefer a black market topical antiandrogen, when you could afford, for a bit more money, a more studied and way more practical compound? My guess is you will say potency...but still, is ru-58841 so much more potent as to worth both the hassle and the potential risks? Those are stability during shipping, unknown side-effects, overall purity, stability during prepping etc etc

I'm trying to optimize my regimen, therefore trying to gather info from users who've had success earlier. If you in any way feel more comfortable to give me your opinion over pm, or to not disclose your thoughts on it, I understand that also. I believe in open-source. ^^

PS. One more thing, to dissolve RU in minoxidil, f.ex. 2g in 60ml, would not be smart, as the bottle lasts for 30 days, and that would be to much time for RU in room temp, right? Would you dissolve it in minoxidil at all?

Cheers man

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
@RegenWaiting

I don't think it's more studied. Frankly, I can't even find much research about "Eucapil"? Maybe I'm just too blind too see it :p. But yeah RU58841 is most definitely more potent. There are absolutely no problems with the stability of RU58841, not even in a solution.

Remember, RU58841 is literally sold over the counter in Indonesia in pharmacies (pretty funny). Also so many people have tried the stuff already.

I always made 2-3 weekly batches with RU58841 and dumped it into Kirkland. Always worked fine. I wouldn't worry that much about stability. Yes, I would dissolve it into minoxidil. Works great and has a synergistic effect.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@RegenWaiting

I don't think it's more studied. Frankly, I can't even find much research about "Eucapil"? Maybe I'm just too blind too see it :p. But yeah RU58841 is most definitely more potent. There are absolutely no problems with the stability of RU58841, not even in a solution.

Remember, RU58841 is literally sold over the counter in Indonesia in pharmacies (pretty funny). Also so many people have tried the stuff already.

I always made 2-3 weekly batches with RU58841 and dumped it into Kirkland. Always worked fine. I wouldn't worry that much about stability. Yes, I would dissolve it into minoxidil. Works great and has a synergistic effect.
I see your point. Yes, I knew about Indonesia.

I won't bother about the studies of Eucapil now, it's some Czech farma that conducted those.

I agree with you.

Just to clarify; you dump RU in kirkland minoxidil, but not in 60ml at a time (their bottles), but in a smaller bottle in which you mix kirkland + RU together which lasts you approx a couple of days?

Could you define ''a batch'' for me? Not a native english...

Thank you for your opinion

Cheers

EDIT:

The study, at least one of'em:
BACKGROUND: Fluridil, a novel topical antiandrogen, suppresses the human androgen receptor. While highly hydrophobic and hydrolytically degradable, it is systemically nonresorbable. In animals, fluridil demonstrated high local and general tolerance. OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the safety and efficacy of a topical anti- androgen, fluridil, in male androgenetic alopecia. METHODS: In 20 men, for 21 days, occlusive forearm patches with 2, 4, and 6% fluridil, isopropanol, and/or vaseline were applied. In 43 men with androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia), Norwood grade II-Va, 2% fluridil was evaluated in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study after 3 months clinically by phototrichograms, hematology, and blood chemistry including analysis for fluridil, and at 9 months by phototrichograms. RESULTS: Neither fluridil nor isopropanol showed sensitization/irritation potential, unlike vaseline. In all Androgenetic Alopecia subjects, baseline anagen/telogen counts were equal. After 3 months, the average anagen percentage did not change in placebo subjects, but increased in fluridil subjects from 76% to 85%, and at 9 months to 87%. In former placebo subjects, fluridil increased the anagen percentage after 6 months from 76% to 85%. Sexual functions, libido, hematology, and blood chemistry values were normal throughout, except that at 3 months, in the spring, serum testosterone increased within the normal range equally in placebo and fluridil groups. No fluridil or its decomposition product, BP-34, was detectable in the serum at 0, 3, or 90 days. CONCLUSION: Topical fluridil is nonirritating, nonsensitizing, nonresorbable, devoid of systemic activity, and anagen promoting after daily use in most Androgenetic Alopecia males.

Last edited:

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about mixing RU-58841 with Tempol? We never hear much about that. It's supposed to have a synergistic effect.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see your point. Yes, I knew about Indonesia.

I won't bother about the studies of Eucapil now, it's some Czech farma that conducted those.

I agree with you.

Just to clarify; you dump RU in kirkland minoxidil, but not in 60ml at a time (their bottles), but in a smaller bottle in which you mix kirkland + RU together which lasts you approx a couple of days?

Could you define ''a batch'' for me? Not a native english...

Thank you for your opinion

Cheers

Yeah just get a small bottle and pour in 20-30ml minoxidil in there + RU and mix it up. A batch is just the quantity of something produced in one operation.

What about mixing RU-58841 with Tempol? We never hear much about that. It's supposed to have a synergistic effect.

I use TEMPOL. It's damn cheap, but isn't that stable in solution. So you need to make somewhat fresh batches.
There is much evidence for ROS/oxidative stress implication in Androgenetic Alopecia.

Last edited:

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah just get a small bottle and pour in 20-30ml minoxidil in there + RU and mix it up. A batch is just the quantity of something produced in one operation.

I use TEMPOL. It's damn cheap, but isn't that stable in solution. So you need to make somewhat fresh batches.
There is much evidence for ROS/oxidative stress implication in Androgenetic Alopecia.

You can confirm that Tempol is truly synergistic with RU58841?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can confirm that Tempol is truly synergistic with RU58841?

Can work with everything not only necessarily RU.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2929555/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26574302

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bjd.14767/full

Furthermore, the upregulation of antioxidation genes (GPX4 and PRDX3) suggests that PV scalps may be exposed to greater oxidative stress than control scalps, possibly resulting from increased respiratory chain activity.[9, 10] Increased levels of GPX4 would also protect the increased amount of lipid synthesized in the PV scalp from phospholipid hydroperoxide-mediated oxidation.[11] The occurrence of oxidative stress in dermal papilla cells may account for impaired hair growth in Androgenetic Alopecia, as elevated reactive oxidative species in balding dermal papilla cells are known to cause elevated secretion of the hair growth inhibitors, transforming growth factors β1 and β2, and cell senescence.[12, 13]

CRS rodent model: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3637209/

Our results have demonstrated that CRS actually altered hair cycle by inhibiting hair follicle growth in vivo, prolonging the telogen stage and delaying subsequent anagen and catagen stage. Up-regulation of SP protein expression in cutaneous peripheral nerve fibers and activation of mast cell were observed accompanied with increase of lipid peroxidation levels and reduction of the activities of superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px) in CRS mice skin. In addition, SP receptor antagonist (RP67580) reduced mast cell activations and lipid peroxidation levels as well as increased GSH-Px activity and normalized hair cycle. Furthermore, antioxidant Tempol (a free radical scavenger) also restored hair cycle, reduced SP protein expression and mast cell activation.

Recently, the role of oxidative stress in skin disorders has been characterized. Many pathogenesis of skin disease might be attributed to ROS and oxidative stress, especially in hair aging and skin carcinogenesis [25], [54][55].

There is much more to find about this in relation to Androgenetic Alopecia. But in my opinion the evidence points towards oxidative stress being implicated in Androgenetic Alopecia.

Need to defend those hair follicles.

Last edited:

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking to get on RU to save my hairline, but Anageninc's site isn't letting me order for some reason, and the kane shop has fully moved to bitcoin now which weirds me out a bit. Any ideas for reliable alternatives guys?