CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I hope you're right. But RU definitely does something. I experienced a continuously itchy scalp with sore spots and an alarming increase in shedding which made my hair look way worse than it was prior to RU usage, in a matter of months. It has been about 2 months since quitting but the increased shedding continues, even though the itching is pretty much under control again.

My situation is similar to buckthorn, in that finasteride put my hairloss in hyperdrive (accompanied by insane hyperandrogenetic side-effects) and has been very hard to get under control ever since. I was doing relatively okay prior to starting RU but wanted to add something to my regimen to boost results. Well RU did quite the opposite. My hair looks like sh#t now. I am hoping to recover the hair that I lost somewhat, but at the moment it feels like RU was the kiss of death for my hair. Sigh.

Disheartening, isn't it? You made an informed decision for an additional treatment which could potentially have helped in theory, but it did the opposite instead :/. Hope you find a way to turn it around again.
I guess if there is anything we can take from your experience, we know that RU does do something....and I'm still hoping someone will eventually come through with more positive experience.

Last edited:

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Just over a few weeks, 50-60mg daily in Stemoxidyne
2)
Anagen
3)
Too early to know, but it reduced shedding DRAMATICALLY within about 4-7days. Has removed the itch completely aswell.
4)
None appart from my crown feeling more sensitive to touch for some reason.
5)
Lots of other stuff but im not using minoxidil, finasteride or dutasteride. However I feel the reduction of shedding has come from the RU although it did slow when I started my new routine anyway so I cant be 100% sure.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the half-life of RU 58851 in the blood and on the skin?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you guys worried about touching other women when using this stuff? cos its pretty dangerous to pregnant woman right?

do you wash your hands properly after use and not touch your hair afterwards?

man i would be concerned just touching a girl. actually anything i touched. incase some random pregnant woman came into contact with it

how careful do u need to be with this stuff?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you guys worried about touching other women when using this stuff? cos its pretty dangerous to pregnant woman right?

do you wash your hands properly after use and not touch your hair afterwards?

man i would be concerned just touching a girl. actually anything i touched. incase some random pregnant woman came into contact with it

how careful do u need to be with this stuff?

If there's a risk of touching a woman in the morning, I won't be using it that morning.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If there's a risk of touching a woman in the morning, I won't be using it that morning.

so say your meeting a chick later in the day. are you cool to touch your hair and then touch her after? what about if she runs her hand through your hair?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
so say your meeting a chick later in the day. are you cool to touch your hair and then touch her after? what about if she runs her hand through your hair?

After a few hours it should be fine, I'm also microdosing.

If I had a pregnant partner, I would quit all anti-androgens.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
After a few hours it should be fine, I'm also microdosing.

If I had a pregnant partner, I would quit all anti-androgens.

i dunno man.

'it should be fine'. lol

sounds dodgy as f*** to me.

honestly, im more worried about f*****g some poor pregnant girl over than getting sides effects.

you touch your hair one morning, put your hand somewhere in public like a coffee shop or something. then some pregnant women touches the same area after

i know i may sound stupid, but how risky is all this?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
i dunno man.

'it should be fine'. lol

sounds dodgy as f*** to me.

honestly, im more worried about f*****g some poor pregnant girl over than getting sides effects.

you touch your hair one morning, put your hand somewhere in public like a coffee shop or something. then some pregnant women touches the same area after

i know i may sound stupid, but how risky is all this?

With my morning routine, it's not risky, I put RU (microdose) on right after the shower, and then it takes me 30-45 minutes to get out. RU isn't stable at room temperature in the open so it won't survive in the open environment, it's also dose dependent, so if a woman touches 0.001 mg it won't matter.

Do you have a girlfriend that you're concerned about?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
With my morning routine, it's not risky, I put RU (microdose) on right after the shower, and then it takes me 30-45 minutes to get out. RU isn't stable at room temperature in the open so it won't survive in the open environment, it's also dose dependent, so if a woman touches 0.001 mg it won't matter.

Do you have a girlfriend that you're concerned about?

no man im thinking about in everyday life, in public. just touching things like hand rails and public transport etc.

but you say its not stable? so should be fine yeah? a pregrant woman could touch the same hand rail and not get fucked over? and a girl could run her hands through your hair and not affect her?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
no man im thinking about in everyday life, in public. just touching things like hand rails and public transport etc.

but you say its not stable? so should be fine yeah? a pregrant woman could touch the same hand rail and not get fucked over? and a girl could run her hands through your hair and not affect her?
IMO if this were a risk then it would be even more important with topical finasteride in minoxidil, but I don't think this has ever been a concern. Fina / duta broken pills are a different beast.

I wonder though if you should donate blood when on topical antiandrogens. Some of it might go systemic and suggest you don't. You can't donate blood when on oral fina / duta. Which sucks.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone who has been on RU long term, i.e years, had to reduce their dosage. I remember reading that over time the scalp can become more porous from topicals particular those with alcohol. I think I have anecdotal experience of this as I had to drop down to 3% solution from 5 after a few years. Which had no negative effect on my hair. Considering dropping down again to 2% as recently I had my hair cut short and started to get puffy nipples from the RU. It has settled now though but wondering if I could use a weaker solution. Has anyone else experienced something similar? I've been on RU for about 4 years now.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

lmao

its the perfect murder weapon

norton

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi everyone. This is my first post here, I've moved over from BTT. I'm having some concerns with Kane's ru and i'd like to share my story and see what you guys think.

I'm on dutasteride and ru, and i'm having a very bad shed and i'm wondering if Kane's product is to blame. Please don't get me wrong, i'm not accusing or saying for sure but some things seem so strange to me and it's making me doubt his product.

If every time i receive my product, a paper is enclosed saying that ru is 99% pure then why do the powders have different consistency or seem different? sometimes the powder is more like a sugar, i can pour it out of the bag onto my scale. Other orders, i can't pour it because it's more like a flour consistency. The last shipment that I just got, it's more like flour or baking soda but it makes a dust when i scoop it out or drop some back into the bag. I've never seen this before.

If it's 99% pure every time, wouldn't it make sense that the powder should be the same every time?

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi everyone. This is my first post here, I've moved over from BTT. I'm having some concerns with Kane's ru and i'd like to share my story and see what you guys think.

I'm on dutasteride and ru, and i'm having a very bad shed and i'm wondering if Kane's product is to blame. Please don't get me wrong, i'm not accusing or saying for sure but some things seem so strange to me and it's making me doubt his product.

If every time i receive my product, a paper is enclosed saying that ru is 99% pure then why do the powders have different consistency or seem different? sometimes the powder is more like a sugar, i can pour it out of the bag onto my scale. Other orders, i can't pour it because it's more like a flour consistency. The last shipment that I just got, it's more like flour or baking soda but it makes a dust when i scoop it out or drop some back into the bag. I've never seen this before.

If it's 99% pure every time, wouldn't it make sense that the powder should be the same every time?

This is only my first lot (and I got it via Anagenic/Kane) so I have nothing to compare it to, but the consistancy of mine is more granule like, not powder, although it does leave a powdery residue on the tinfoil (as I wrap 50-60mg up in tinfoil as daily doses)
And although I havent been using it long for me it seems to be working - but as mentioned in my post im also doing lots of other stuff.
Pic of mine here:
ru58841.jpg

So thats something for you to compare it too maybe.
And before jumping on the RU Bandwagon I did a sh*t-ton of research on other forums etc and from what I found he seems to be a legitimate source. Of course others will argue that but most people have vouched for his RU being legit. I will definately be continuing with it if it keeps working, but ill be sure to keep some of the previous batch so I have something to compare it to.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here we go.
Ready to start RU with k&b.
5%, 1 ml ED

IMG_3928.PNG

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
And Roberto? Any sides?
Seven days later, no sides yet!
I have to say K&B makes hair much less dirty than propylenic glycol. But we know nothing PG is very dirty and heavy...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seven days later, no sides yet!
I have to say K&B makes hair much less dirty than propylenic glycol. But we know nothing PG is very dirty and heavy...

I wonder if you'll get regrowth given that you're already on finasteride.