CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

MoreHairpls

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it is ok to take finasteride and RU58841 at the same time? I wanted to try it but i wasn't sure...

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it is ok to take finasteride and RU58841 at the same time? I wanted to try it but i wasn't sure...
I had the same doubts but then I thought to myself:
- one is oral
- the other is topical and I have a literally thick skin so I doubt anything will ever enter it systematically
So _maybe_ it is a good way to keep DHT at bay
I will do bimonthly checks of blood and hormon values

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two weeks, no sides.
The RU + k&b solution is a bit gooey (although liquid) and it leaves some dirt on the hair. Next batch I make will be with pure alcohol.

proscar

My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone comment on the different consistency of the ru58841. i intend to buy and im concerned regarding this? can someone voice an opinion

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using ru and mixing 50% everclear and 50% pg.
I'm wondering about the ratio, can someone explain the function of each and why most use a mix of 70% alch and 30% pg?
I was under the impression that the alch is used to dissolve the ru and pg is so it penatrates the skin.
Does it really make a difference if it's 50/50 or 70/30?

Thanks

norton

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using ru and mixing 50% everclear and 50% pg.
I'm wondering about the ratio, can someone explain the function of each and why most use a mix of 70% alch and 30% pg?
I was under the impression that the alch is used to dissolve the ru and pg is so it penatrates the skin.
Does it really make a difference if it's 50/50 or 70/30?

Thanks

I think your right about the function, alcohol to dissolve and pg for penetration but I'm not really sure.
I have only heard of people using ru with 70/30 ratio, I don't know why someone would use 50/50 or what the benefit would be.

A more experienced member should know.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any progress updates on the use of RU?
I'm now on my 8th month and still no signs of any shedding or re-growth. The minor success from the Finasteride/Minoxidil/Dermarolling combo prior to beginning the use of RU has not at all been enhanced as far as I can see.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any progress updates on the use of RU?
I'm now on my 8th month and still no signs of any shedding or re-growth. The minor success from the Finasteride/Minoxidil/Dermarolling combo prior to beginning the use of RU has not at all been enhanced as far as I can see.

Im past 3 months now. I originally thought it was slowing my shed, but it seems to have accelerated now. Although people say you need to give things about 6 months im actually starting to doubt that its working very well now. I even upped the dose to 75mcg though this didnt seem to change anything. I thought I didnt care too much about my hairloss but now that its getting worse im starting to stress a bit more about it especially since my hairdresser pointed out that theres alot of thinning happening round the back of my head (no bald spots yet) but its bad enough that ive decided to bite the bullet and start minoxidil. But im going to finish up what I have of the RU, I doubt that ill get it again though. On the plus side microneedling amongst other things seems to have sprouted new hairs outside the hairline/temple area (thats the only area I needle). But not enough to make a cosmetic difference yet. It might be stress though, life is stressful at the moment and I noticed that stress has a big effect on my hairfall so maybe thats it. I dont know anymore!!

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im past 3 months now. I originally thought it was slowing my shed, but it seems to have accelerated now. Although people say you need to give things about 6 months im actually starting to doubt that its working very well now. I even upped the dose to 75mcg though this didnt seem to change anything. I thought I didnt care too much about my hairloss but now that its getting worse im starting to stress a bit more about it especially since my hairdresser pointed out that theres alot of thinning happening round the back of my head (no bald spots yet) but its bad enough that ive decided to bite the bullet and start minoxidil. But im going to finish up what I have of the RU, I doubt that ill get it again though. On the plus side microneedling amongst other things seems to have sprouted new hairs outside the hairline/temple area (thats the only area I needle). But not enough to make a cosmetic difference yet. It might be stress though, life is stressful at the moment and I noticed that stress has a big effect on my hairfall so maybe thats it. I dont know anymore!!

I hear you...this is the kind of experience which makes you doubt whether RU in fact had a negative impact on you. I'd like to say as it seems to have done something for you so far, perhaps the shedding would cease and you can hope for improvement, but that is really a tough call.
The fact that it has done absolutely nothing for me so far probably points to giving it up after 12 months is reached.
The micro-needling success is encouraging though!

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear you...this is the kind of experience which makes you doubt whether RU in fact had a negative impact on you. I'd like to say as it seems to have done something for you so far, perhaps the shedding would cease and you can hope for improvement, but that is really a tough call.
The fact that it has done absolutely nothing for me so far probably points to giving it up after 12 months is reached.
The micro-needling success is encouraging though!
Im just curious, did you buy they powder or the premix? I was orginally mixing in Stemoxidyne which dissolved perfect. Ive decided to give the Stemox a break so tried mixing it in Minoxidil but it doesnt seem to dissolve

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im just curious, did you buy they powder or the premix? I was orginally mixing in Stemoxidyne which dissolved perfect. Ive decided to give the Stemox a break so tried mixing it in Minoxidil but it doesnt seem to dissolve

I mixed the powder with alcohol/PG. Occasionally I do see powdery residue on my scalp once dried so perhaps I didn't quite get it right. I have no issues continuing with RU further, but right now also questioning the efficacy versus the high price...

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same doubts but then I thought to myself:
- one is oral
- the other is topical and I have a literally thick skin so I doubt anything will ever enter it systematically
So _maybe_ it is a good way to keep DHT at bay
I will do bimonthly checks of blood and hormon values

Man lately I have been contemplating adding RU myself, to my morning routine, just as an extra angle of protection

Do you think this is overkill if I'm stabilized on finasteride and still getting regrowth on my current regimen?

I just really do not want to wake up one day and realize I am balding again

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
10 months RU checking in. Have receded a lot, started to diffuse more than ever before.

Maybe its slowing down the loss, who knows what it would be if I wasn't on it. I wish I could go back to my hair from last June and have that forever. I'd be a happy man. meaning I would have happily maintained alone and been happy with RU, but not even that

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man lately I have been contemplating adding RU myself, to my morning routine, just as an extra angle of protection

Do you think this is overkill if I'm stabilized on finasteride and still getting regrowth on my current regimen?

I just really do not want to wake up one day and realize I am balding again

To be honest:
I have never had morning wood as in this period and I use finasteride and RU.
So, I think you can be safe on sexual sides.
As regards shedding for RU, I haven't had it.
But I am afraid I have a literarily thick skin. I am unsure RU or hormones really affect the hair.
I think 90% of my maintenance is finasteride.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
10 months RU checking in. Have receded a lot, started to diffuse more than ever before.

Maybe its slowing down the loss, who knows what it would be if I wasn't on it. I wish I could go back to my hair from last June and have that forever. I'd be a happy man. meaning I would have happily maintained alone and been happy with RU, but not even that

same here. Last June, I was at least content. Now, it's scalp everywhere. f*** RU. Seriously. I just think it added to my scalp inflammation and sped up my loss.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest:
I have never had morning wood as in this period and I use finasteride and RU.
So, I think you can be safe on sexual sides.
As regards shedding for RU, I haven't had it.
But I am afraid I have a literarily thick skin. I am unsure RU or hormones really affect the hair.
I think 90% of my maintenance is finasteride.

I think I need to just be patient and stick with what I'm doing for the time being, as it's moving me in the right direction

I'll likely ride my current regimen out to the 6 month mark, then assess my situation and whether or not I would benefit from further regrowth before adding anything/switching things up