CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Maddy17

My Regimen
Reaction score
buckthorn, have you looked into PG pathways in conjunction with your anti androgen regime? You may find that highly beneficial. I.e Swiss temples regime, also anti-inflammatories, increasing pge2 ect

Can you elaborate on your suggestions, please! :)

Maddy17

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was another forum I read with a user who called himself El Duterino or something like that, and he was a serious male pattern baldness veteran. Been on dutasteride for 7 or 8 years, used everything else at one time or another. on the RU he said you can use TOO MUCH. He said his max was 20mg per day, and he had some theory as to why if you block to much the body just builds more receptors. So there is a sweet spot to his mind....

Maddy17

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think RU from kane is legit. Awhile ago I even had an IR done which helped confirm this for myself. However, I dont think RU58841 is a good standalone treatment for the androgenic aspect of hairloss. The studies done on it state that it has a high affinity for the AR that is equal to or greater than testosterone. I read somewhere it may have 1.8x the affinity of testosterone for the AR. Well DHT has anywhere from 5-10x greater AR affinity over testosterone. Many users report that it stops working after awhile. I just think that DHT is winning the slot for the receptor. I do believe its a good therapy in conjunction with a 5AR inhibitor.

Where did you read the RU affinity numbers for AR? Any link? please, thanks.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Gonna give an update on my end to help give perspective.
Went off finasteride last march due to sides. Started RU last june 5% 3ml per day. Lasted a month due to INTENSE ball ache. Started ru again in late November/early December since I have literally tried everything with no success and I'm desperate.
On about my second month now and have now shed about 20-30 hairs after a shower compared to like 50-60 before. Lose about 5-6 hairs after multiple pull test with completely dry hair where as before its was like 15-20.
So it is working but still lose a little hair but it doesn't seem like my overall appearance is changing. Its difficult to judge because even as a kid I shed hairs so its nothing new.
Right now I'm doing 300mg a day in 10ml of Pg/al which is a 3% solution. Zero sides. Just need to hold on until replicel or Histogen.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think something has happened with my treatment of RU, I was 4 months or so in on Kane's RU in KB solution and everything was going fine, my hair felt good and I wasn't shedding at all really. And now suddenly I am going through a shed with a crazy itch that I can only relieve temporarily with nizoral, anyone have an idea of what the reason of this could be? upregulation of androgen receptors, immunity? I have been storing it in the fridge so it shouldn't be a problem with stability

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop using the nizoral and try some coconut oil in your hair.
There are shedding cycles with RU just like other hair loss treatments.

Is it possible you saw the shedding, freaked out, started nizoral religiously and dried your scalp which started the itching?

The itching and the shedding came both at the same time which did prompt me to use nizoral EOD rather than 3x a week, I don't think it caused the itch. I have seen question marks over the long-term use of RU and I haven't had a shed like this despite being on finasteride+min before so thought it was a bit worrying, I'll see how it progresses.

What makes you recommend coconut oil over nizoral?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right now I'm doing 300mg a day in 10ml of Pg/al which is a 3% solution. Zero sides. Just need to hold on until replicel or Histogen.

Crazy dosage. Isn't your scalp drenched in the stuff? Be careful with dosages like that, way too high in my opinion. I did a high dosage in the past too, was fine in the beginning but got hit with side effects later.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy dosage. Isn't your scalp drenched in the stuff? Be careful with dosages like that, way too high in my opinion. I did a high dosage in the past too, was fine in the beginning but got hit with side effects later.
What is the recommended dosage in % ?

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 Percent is fine. But you dont need half a liter lol. 1 - 2ml are fine depending on the area.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't % and ML be misleading? I mean you can put 3% but 1000 ML per application. You would need to know total mgs per application

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The clinical trials ran with a 5% concentration. That should be fine. I don't go personally above 75mg a day in total. So I use 1,5ml of a 5% concentration.

swoop, can you honestly say that RU has helped your hair? I don't think I got any benefit from it, actually I think it increased my loss.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
swoop, can you honestly say that RU has helped your hair? I don't think I got any benefit from it, actually I think it increased my loss.

you got some weird f*****g hairloss man. nothing has helped you, only made it worse

have you got any blood tests done? maybe its not normal male pattern baldness

i wish a bunch of blood tests could give us all a picture of what is exactly is going on and what exactly we need to do about it

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
HAs anyone had success had success with premade solutions? Debating buying 2 5% solutions to try it out

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HAs anyone had success had success with premade solutions? Debating buying 2 5% solutions to try it out
Dave, seriously, don't waste your money. Your hair is doing great for now. Save your money for a new house.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you got some weird f*****g hairloss man. nothing has helped you, only made it worse

have you got any blood tests done? maybe its not normal male pattern baldness

i wish a bunch of blood tests could give us all a picture of what is exactly is going on and what exactly we need to do about it

haha..."weird f*****g hair loss"... I have the EXACT same pattern as my two brothers and father. it's called male pattern baldness. My blood tests have been completely healthy and consistent for years. My hair loss was slow and steady. I took finasteride and it took off and I lost half my hair... yeah, must be something wrong with me, not finasteride. Since when is responding negatively to f*****g PROSTATE DRUGS and EXPERIMENTAL BLACK MARKET CHINESE DRUGS so shocking.... yeah, it must be me.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
haha..."weird f*****g hair loss"... I have the EXACT same pattern as my two brothers and father. it's called male pattern baldness. My blood tests have been completely healthy and consistent for years. My hair loss was slow and steady. I took finasteride and it took off and I lost half my hair... yeah, must be something wrong with me, not finasteride. Since when is responding negatively to f*****g PROSTATE DRUGS and EXPERIMENTAL BLACK MARKET CHINESE DRUGS so shocking.... yeah, it must be me.

You do have an unusual response, and it's overwhelmingly clear by now that most people respond positively to these drugs.

By the way since you finally got your blood tests, what were your SHBG values?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The clinical trials ran with a 5% concentration. That should be fine. I don't go personally above 75mg a day in total. So I use 1,5ml of a 5% concentration.d\

Do you know if Kane's solution, dissolved in rogaine minoxidil liquid, will decompose? I did that, and somebody told me I destroyed my RU.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

lol i meant no offense man. i should have said your response to drugs is weird compared to most people. i had insane regrowth on finasteride, but debilitating side effects. thats why i asked about the blood tests

the only other guy i remember who had crazy reactions was a dude called devilhunter i think

lol to the sarcastic comment tho. your right, it is f*****g nuts what were doing to our bodies for hair. youve actually put me off even trying ru with this comment. my body got fucked up enough with finasteride. prob the not the best idea to mess with it again with some chinese drug