CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if Kane's solution, dissolved in rogaine minoxidil liquid, will decompose? I did that, and somebody told me I destroyed my RU.
I read somewhere that the important thing is that minoxidil has no water.
My minoxidil has ethanol to fill the bottle , but many minoxidil lotions do have purified water.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the important thing is that minoxidil has no water.
My minoxidil has ethanol to fill the bottle , but many minoxidil lotions do have purified water.

I'll check but I think rogain has both?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll check but I think rogain has both?
If you read this site (that is a facade for a RU seller) you will see the problem is with any solution that contains water.

http://www.ru58841.info/stability-and-storage/

Rogaine only comes with both ethanol and water. I think you need a minoxidil solution that has no water at all.

They say:

There do not appear to be any published studies on the stability of this compound. However, nilutamide, a compound with a similar chemical structure, has been evaluated (2).
Nilutamide is stable in acidic solutions and is fairly heat-stable. However, it breaks down rapidly when exposed to light, and when dissolved in a solution containing water, it is <strong>subjected to hydrolysis and breaks down fairly quickly</strong>. Extrapolating these results to RU58841, if the compound is dissolved in pure ethanol (and keeped in the dark) it is probably stable at room temperature, as reported by Anageninc. However, applying a solution of RU58841 dissolved in pure ethanol to the scalp will cause significant irritation and damage to the skin, hair, and hair follicles. It is also possible that very little of the RU58841 will be absorbed unless it is dissolved in a solution containing water and some type of polar compound or polar carrier, such as the emulsifiers in K&B Solution.

PS: does your stemoxydine lotion (serioxyl?) contain any water?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you read this site (that is a facade for a RU seller) you will see the problem is with any solution that contains water.

http://www.ru58841.info/stability-and-storage/

Rogaine only comes with both ethanol and water. I think you need a minoxidil solution that has no water at all.

They say:

There do not appear to be any published studies on the stability of this compound. However, nilutamide, a compound with a similar chemical structure, has been evaluated (2).
Nilutamide is stable in acidic solutions and is fairly heat-stable. However, it breaks down rapidly when exposed to light, and when dissolved in a solution containing water, it is <strong>subjected to hydrolysis and breaks down fairly quickly</strong>. Extrapolating these results to RU58841, if the compound is dissolved in pure ethanol (and keeped in the dark) it is probably stable at room temperature, as reported by Anageninc. However, applying a solution of RU58841 dissolved in pure ethanol to the scalp will cause significant irritation and damage to the skin, hair, and hair follicles. It is also possible that very little of the RU58841 will be absorbed unless it is dissolved in a solution containing water and some type of polar compound or polar carrier, such as the emulsifiers in K&B Solution.

PS: does your stemoxydine lotion (serioxyl?) contain any water?

Do water breaks down the compound, but you need water for absorption?

Confusing.

I no longer use Garnier fructose stemoxydyine but I'm pretty sure that water was among the ingredients.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Confusing.

Exactly. Also because K & B DOES have water.

Me, I don't know what to do. I will receive the powder in a few days but really don't know what to use to solve it.

K&B Solution 50ML
This vehicle is designed to carry RU58841
Product Information:

• Content: 50 ML K&B Solution (Slightly overfilled to ensure 50 ML minimum)
  • Bottle: Transparent PET bottle( No Aluminum)
  • Vehicle only, Does not include RU58841
  • Stability &Storage information: www.anageninc.com/faq
  • ingredients:
    • 27% Demineralized water,
    • 63% Ethanol (96%),
    • 5% K&B emulsifiers

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil plus RU and before that stemoxydyine plus RU have never given me irritation. It could also be due to my low dosage.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I no longer use Garnier fructose stemoxydyine but I'm pretty sure that water was among the ingredients.

Are you giving up on Stemoxydine? In my opinion it gives a bit of thickness more.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you giving up on Stemoxydine? In my opinion it gives a bit of thickness more.

No just taking a break from it, will cycle back on at a later time.

I do have some alfatradiol coming in the mail which I'll be using for a few months.

By the way I checked the rogain bottle: alcohol, propylene glycol, and water.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What was working best IYO : minoxidil + RU or Stemox + RU?

I don't know I only switched to minoxidil plus RU a few weeks ago.

I assume that most of my regrowth is from minoxidil as it's the only product I'm using at close to the standard dose.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know I only switched to minoxidil plus RU a few weeks ago.

I assume that most of my regrowth is from minoxidil as it's the only product I'm using at close to the standard dose.

I read on multiple sites selling it that the right dose for RU should be 50 mg a day (which corresponds to 5% in 1 ml or 2.5% in 2 ml of minoxidil).

So, if you do 20 mg of RU, that would be 2% in 1 ml.

It's not very far from the recommended concentration.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read on multiple sites selling it that the right dose for RU should be 50 mg a day (which corresponds to 5% in 1 ml or 2.5% in 2 ml of minoxidil).

So, if you do 20 mg of RU, that would be 2% in 1 ml.

It's not very far from the recommended concentration.

We never had proper dosing studies of RU.

That said it's better to go at a low dose than a high one.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol i meant no offense man. i should have said your response to drugs is weird compared to most people. i had insane regrowth on finasteride, but debilitating side effects. thats why i asked about the blood tests

the only other guy i remember who had crazy reactions was a dude called devilhunter i think

lol to the sarcastic comment tho. your right, it is f*****g nuts what were doing to our bodies for hair. youve actually put me off even trying ru with this comment. my body got fucked up enough with finasteride. prob the not the best idea to mess with it again with some chinese drug

haha, sorry I am so triggered man!! Off the top of my head, I can recall probably 20-30 posters that experienced the same thing I did. Most of them come and go though. If you google it, you will see a ton. It has to be the theory of either upregulation of AR or testosterone. has to be. In my personal case, I think it has to be testosterone. night time boners (which I never used to get) = rapid, rapid shedding. Like a cancer patient. no joke man. I am happy that finally they are starting to go away and my libido is returning to normal ONLY because I know this will mean less hair loss.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just arrived from Southampton, GB, after seven days.
@Dante92 : no customs, no tax, no check.

IMG_3690.JPG

IMG_3691.JPG

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are the claims about RU potentially causing "permanent androgen receptor upregulation" after quitting this drug based on any scientific evidence?

I see these posts on various forums but never accompanied with solid backing.
I highly doubt it, given that whether RU actually does anything for hair regrowth is doubtful. It seems that all evidence is anecdotal, and from forum members who are also on other treatments.
Speaking for myself, it's been almost 5 months and I noticed absolutely nothing...no shedding, no side effects, no improvement. I'm prepared to persevere up to 12 months and see what happens.

Last edited:

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
swoop, can you honestly say that RU has helped your hair? I don't think I got any benefit from it, actually I think it increased my loss.

I do very well under RU58841 but also finasteride. It's amazing how my hair goes to sh*t when using no treatments and how well it does when I do use treatments.

Apparently not everyone can benefit from this, I´m sorry bucky.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if Kane's solution, dissolved in rogaine minoxidil liquid, will decompose? I did that, and somebody told me I destroyed my RU.

What do you mean by "decompose"? How long was the RU in minoxidil solution for?

I have used mixed batches of RU & minoxidil that were 30+ days old and it worked fine.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean by "decompose"? How long was the RU in minoxidil solution for?

I have used mixed batches of RU & minoxidil that were 30+ days old and it worked fine.

A few weeks now, unrefrigerated, it's meant to last a few months as I prepared several bottles simultaneously.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do very well under RU58841 but also finasteride. It's amazing how my hair goes to sh*t when using no treatments and how well it does when I do use treatments.

Apparently not everyone can benefit from this, I´m sorry bucky.
How do you alternate the two, Swoop?