CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone actually had their androgen levels tested before/after to see whether it has any systemic effect?

Not sure it would show anything. If its going systemic, its blocking ARs systemically and may not be altering actual hormone levels.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Agustin,
So, I am still getting that crawling feeling after applying the RU with neo. I think neogenic has PG in it? I need to try another vehicle, as I believe this is irritating my scalp. Have you ever tried it with aloe/ethanol? If you know anything about this, I would appreciate it!!

the neogenic is burning my scalp upon application too lol although it goes away after a couple of minutes

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure it would show anything. If its going systemic, its blocking ARs systemically and may not be altering actual hormone levels.

Dench, do you think it would effect any levels?

- - - Updated - - -

the neogenic is burning my scalp upon application too lol although it goes away after a couple of minutes

Yeah, I don't know if it's the neogenic, or the 15% minoxidil I am using. I need to hold off one and see if it subsides. I am pretty sure neogenic has PG in it too. I found out the 15% minoxidil has PG in it as well, but was told it did not. I just ordered a PG free 15% minoxidil, and am going to try aloe vera and ethanol as the RU vehicle. I will let you know how it goes!

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dench, do you think it would effect any levels?

I've no doubt it could affect the HPTA and androgen receptors with long term use. Whether that is something that would show up on a hormone panel with regards to actual hormone levels, I'm not sure.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
Big warning to everyone currently using RU. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT miss an application. I was in Texas over the weekend for business and forgot to apply on Sunday night and my hair looks noticeably worse. I was starting to gain some benefit from RU. This stuff is not like minoxidil where you can miss a day here and there.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I alternate my RU 2 days on, then fluridil on the third day (to minimise getting sides). No problems taking even consequtive nights off RU this way for me.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Big warning to everyone currently using RU. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT miss an application. I was in Texas over the weekend for business and forgot to apply on Sunday night and my hair looks noticeably worse. I was starting to gain some benefit from RU. This stuff is not like minoxidil where you can miss a day here and there.

Jesus man!! I am going camping this summer and have some plane flights!! WTF do I do then?? You're scaring me man.

- - - Updated - - -

dench?? DENNNCCHHH?!?!?!?! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS??? DENCH?!?!?!?! HELP?!?!?!

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus man!! I am going camping this summer and have some plane flights!! WTF do I do then?? You're scaring me man.

- - - Updated - - -

dench?? DENNNCCHHH?!?!?!?! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS??? DENCH?!?!?!?! HELP?!?!?!

I mixed the **** up and put it in a minoxidil bottle, no problems going through TSA. Made me feel like a slave to all this **** though

I wonder through, is a month too early to be expecting results from RU?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

I find it pretty hard to believe it could have made a cosmetic difference by missing one day's application. Then again I'm not the best person to ask, I regularly miss days here and there because RU doesn't do much for me. In regards to RU's affinity and binding kenetics for the AR, Swoop is probably your guy to ask since he's been using RU for years I think. I thought it antagonized the receptor for 20 hours or so but I can't find any concrete numbers.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it pretty hard to believe it could have made a cosmetic difference by missing one day's application. Then again I'm not the best person to ask, I regularly miss days here and there because RU doesn't do much for me. In regards to RU's affinity and binding kenetics for the AR, Swoop is probably your guy to ask since he's been using RU for years I think. I thought it antagonized the receptor for 20 hours or so but I can't find any concrete numbers.

Thanks Dench. I already have two camping trips planned, each for about two weeks - ANYONE, what is the best course of action in this scenario if I want to keep using RU? I keep reading that it's stable at room temperature, IN solution for months. Then I read other anecdotal accounts that it's not. I was just planning on dissolving it in some 15% minoxidil, in a bottle that cannot be penetrated by sun light and voila, problem solved. Ugh, who the f*ck knows anymore. SWOOOOOP!!! SWOOOOOOOP?!?!?!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep mine at room temperature. Seems to work fine.

o.k., so you this RU remains stable in solvent at room temperature? Why are there so many conflicting views on this? Some people say, after in solution, refrigerate immediately. Others, including Kane, say that once properly dissolved, it remains stable at room temp for MONTHS. I mean, I could easily bring like 2-3 bottles of neogenic with it already dissolved and be set, if heat wasn't an issue.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used the premixed solution from anagen.inc and it worked ok. I now use the powder and mix it daily into serioxyl, works good too! All kept at room temp. I can't really answer your question about conflicting views and all that. Because I just don't know. I put off using RU for a while reading all that stuff. But decided to try it after reading on anagen.inc's site that their RU is stable. And wouldn't disagree as it works for me.

Now if anagens premixed solutions are stable. Maybe you could mix several bottles and be set!

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long until you guys starting seeing thickening results with Ru? Or any form of result really?

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
How long until you guys starting seeing thickening results with Ru? Or any form of result really?

The "how long until i should expect results" question is never answered. Maybe because so few dare to dip into the experimentals? As for RU being stable at room temperature in a solvent, Kane has synthesized his RU better and better throughout the years. At first it had a fishy smell with a yellow tint, not as stable in solution. These days though, his stuff is the REAL DEAL. He has perfected his craft because he knows there is a ton a money willing to be spent on this compound. If he says it's good for months, I'm willing to bet it is.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I'm expecting results, the itch seems to have reduced quite significantly which is good. But I was just wondering in relation to other people and what they may have had with Ru, there seems to be quite a few threads on Ru only a couple of real success stories, seems like it was in addition to something though, like minoxidil or finasteride. Just loads of questions. I still have this crawling feeling under the skin, so I'm not really expecting results, due to I feel that will just eventually eat away at my left temple.

Ag87

Reaction score
I've just purchased some RU powder and KB solution from Kane Shop. A lot of mixed opinions on this matter but I'll ask... Do I need to store the powder in the freezer? And do I need to store the mixed solution in the fridge?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just purchased some RU powder and KB solution from Kane Shop. A lot of mixed opinions on this matter but I'll ask... Do I need to store the powder in the freezer? And do I need to store the mixed solution in the fridge?

You don't NEED to store the powder in the freezer, as it's stable at room temp for months on end. I store mine in the freezer, however. I would recommend storing the solution in the fridge. I have heard on a few accounts that it's not necessary though.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Did the guys at the Kaneshop go on vacation or something? Ordered 5g powder RU about a week ago and still no update from them even though payment through paypal cleared.