CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is hellouser? Did RU kill him as well?

Mike? Yo b**ch, you here?!?! You're questioning my Ru, so here's all I have to say: "Look, I like making cherry product, but let's keep it real, alright? We make poison for people who don't care. We probably have the most unpicky customers in the world."

Anyways, it takes a lot of time, trial and error, and patience to find a proper regimen. Mine has become so specific, based on what makes my scalp feel less inflamed. I think people need to listen to their bodies symptoms. For example, I just started applying RU, ONLY to the hairline area. Because when I put it on my crown, despite the vehicle, it feels like insects are eating my f*cking flesh back there. However, it has started to thicken up my hair line I believe. I dermaroll the entire scalp every night. One night a week with 1.5mm and every other night with .5mm. I apply minoxidil foam to the entire scalp, and have concocted a spray liquid consisting of neogenic and minoxidil 15%. I spray this on the sides and back, thinking that it will absorb everywhere. After this, I am done. At some point one has to admit defeat, even with a bad transplant.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 1ml dropper that comes with lipogaine is only about half the size of the 1ml one that came with my generic minoxidil.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
Update: decided to add dutasteride - 2mg / once a week to my regiment.

So, in the past 1.5 months my regiment has transitioned from this"

finasteride - 1.5mg/ day
minoxidil - 5% TO

dutasteride - 2mg / week
RU - 1ml @ 10% / day
Minoxidil - 15% w/ .1% finasteride, hydrocort, progesterone, AA

soooo.... my information is going to be somewhat useless, because if I do regrow or maintain, who will know where the hell it is coming from. My guess would be a combination of all three. Given my history, and my unexplainably resilience to AA's, I simply assume I will be bald by summer. I will post baseline pics today.

Thought you were in ru for over 3 months

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) duration of use: on and off for 2 months
2) source of RU and strength of application: Kane, 20mg/ day
3) RESULTS: daily loss almost zero now, no sign of regrowth
4) side effects: >50mg/ day causes insomnia
5) WHAT else or you using? and any additional info: no sexual sides or brain fog, so much better than finasteride

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

what does ... mean? I don't know about RU man. It seems I am doomed with everything. My actual hairline looks a bit stronger, as do my temples... I don't know if it's the RU or what, but I am still getting this crawling feeling in my crown and it is disappearing, FAST. Don't know what the f*ck to do at this point. I have one more month, before I am throwing in the towel.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
what does ... mean? I don't know about RU man. It seems I am doomed with everything. My actual hairline looks a bit stronger, as do my temples... I don't know if it's the RU or what, but I am still getting this crawling feeling in my crown and it is disappearing, FAST. Don't know what the f*ck to do at this point. I have one more month, before I am throwing in the towel.

And you aren't on finasteride or dutasteride?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct... I once trialled using like 800mg in one vial of neogenic (6ml) and it dissolved almost instantaneously. Swoop - do you put ANY stock in neogenic alone? I know it doesn't do anything for Androgenetic Alopecia, but for overall follicle health? If so, then RU in neo may be like killing 1.5 birds with one stone. lol

Yeah it's a nice little add on I guess. And you can use it as a vehicle anyway so why the heck not if you can miss the money. Besides, I have literally seen nobody who has side effects with stemoxydine, which is a huge plus.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Tried dissolving 2.5% RU in kirkland minoxidil, dissolved fine. There were no solids in the bottle all week, but then its precipitating solid white stuff on forehead next morning :/

Not sure how to proceed. I need to combine treatments or else there'll be too many things to apply in a day.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried dissolving 2.5% RU in kirkland minoxidil, dissolved fine. There were no solids in the bottle all week, but then its precipitating solid white stuff on forehead next morning :/

Not sure how to proceed. I need to combine treatments or else there'll be too many things to apply in a day.

hmmm.. that doesn't sound right. If the RU completely dissolves in solution, it should not dissolute after being applied to the head. idk man... some people say minoxidil works fine, some don't. Is it just minoxidil, or the minoxidil with a bunch of crap added, like lipogaine? you can try alcohol and PG, that's what most people use.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
hmmm.. that doesn't sound right. If the RU completely dissolves in solution, it should not dissolute after being applied to the head. idk man... some people say minoxidil works fine, some don't. Is it just minoxidil, or the minoxidil with a bunch of crap added, like lipogaine? you can try alcohol and PG, that's what most people use.

Its just kirland minoxidil. Probably gonna switch to neogenic instead. The eth/pg mix is probably best tbh. Just hard to do this without mixing treatments when you gotta space out so many treatments throughout the day

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the continued use of Ru increases the androgen receptors sensitivity and makes it ineffective over time and even it makes the problem worse.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the continued use of Ru increases the androgen receptors sensitivity and makes it ineffective over time and even it makes the problem worse.

better hope for pulma's adc then. hold out till its released

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is a very good question and one that remains unanswered. imo This is a strong theory for people that suffer increased hair loss with finasteride. I have a feeling that if, when RU binds the receptor, it causes a similar reaction as DHT in doing so, then upregulation would be minimal... I also think that if you gradually increase RU dosage, it may help. who the hell knows though.

- - - Updated - - -

GOOD QUESTION FOR SWOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!! SWOOP?!?!?!

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the people that are on Ru, how many hairs do you on average shed say in the shower?
I've heard some people say 0. But what about the hairs that are meant to shed normally? Or does Ru affect them too?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the people that are on Ru, how many hairs do you on average shed say in the shower?
I've heard some people say 0. But what about the hairs that are meant to shed normally? Or does Ru affect them too?

I am still losing from 30-40 hairs a day easy. I don't look at the hair I am losing anymore. There were times when I was shedding heavy and density increased and times when it seemed like I was losing nothing, and density decreased... sometimes it's an illusion. unless I am losing 200 plus a day, I don't get too worried and just look at whats on my head and not in the sink.