CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

Marky9829

Reaction score
Thanks ill order some, so do I just apply 1ml a day on my hairline, similar to applying minoxidil? Can I apply it straight after minoxidil before bed?

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are some people who mix it in with minoxidil. Not to sure how well it would mix though. Apparently neogenic works well though as a vehicle. I use the old pg and ethanol mix, but the pg can irritate the scalp.

Ag87

Reaction score
I've been on RU for nearly a month now. As I said before, I've noticed that shedding has reduced by around a third.

However, I've noticed my hairline looks more miniaturised than before. These aren't new hairs as they're long. The hairs that I do lose seem to be thick ones as well. Any ideas why?

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on RU for nearly a month now. As I said before, I've noticed that shedding has reduced by around a third.

However, I've noticed my hairline looks more miniaturised than before. These aren't new hairs as they're long. The hairs that I do lose seem to be thick ones as well. Any ideas why?

RU is a strange beast, wait about 4-5 months before making any conclusions.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask, as for today, what are the most trusted RU brands? Thanks.

Kane (anagen) is what most people go with.

I don't know how much longer I can continue RU.. just like with finasteride, my hair is getting shredded, like super super f*cking quick. I lost another 50% of what I had in the crown and midscalp, while the hair line seems to be doing fine, maybe even thicker. This occurred in the last 3.5 months I have been on RU. In full disclosure, this was about the same time I started 15% minoxidil and neogenic, so the minoxidil may be the culprit. I just don't know anymore... nothing, absolutely f*cking nothing seems to work for me. I am on the verge of throwing in the towel and shaving this decaying birds nest until I get a huge hair transplant.. that's all that works, hair transplantation.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kane (anagen) is what most people go with.

I don't know how much longer I can continue RU.. just like with finasteride, my hair is getting shredded, like super super f*cking quick. I lost another 50% of what I had in the crown and midscalp, while the hair line seems to be doing fine, maybe even thicker. This occurred in the last 3.5 months I have been on RU. In full disclosure, this was about the same time I started 15% minoxidil and neogenic, so the minoxidil may be the culprit. I just don't know anymore... nothing, absolutely f*cking nothing seems to work for me. I am on the verge of throwing in the towel and shaving this decaying birds nest until I get a huge hair transplant.. that's all that works, hair transplantation.

Hey, it may seem pretty tough now and maybe it'll improve, but keep on Ru maybe it just takes a little longer and from what I've seen, for hair to start thickening it has to be in conjunction with a hair stimulant, just from reading other logs.

It is definitely frustrating, my hair line feels thinner than ever. Actually the whole front section of my hair hardly feels like anything through my fingers. It scares the **** out of me.

But surely there has to be a way to make it grow back thicker again. Hang in there Buckthorn!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, it may seem pretty tough now and maybe it'll improve, but keep on Ru maybe it just takes a little longer and from what I've seen, for hair to start thickening it has to be in conjunction with a hair stimulant, just from reading other logs.

It is definitely frustrating, my hair line feels thinner than ever. Actually the whole front section of my hair hardly feels like anything through my fingers. It scares the **** out of me.

But surely there has to be a way to make it grow back thicker again. Hang in there Buckthorn!

Hey clearingout, sorry to hear that. Thanks for the encouraging words. I have no choice but to hang in there. This is my last line of defense before i am done with this sh*t.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey clearingout, sorry to hear that. Thanks for the encouraging words. I have no choice but to hang in there. This is my last line of defense before i am done with this sh*t.

Not sure if it'll help or not, but I have been watching 'Danny Roddy' has an interesting 4 part YouTube series on the mechanics and theories of baldness. I'll put a link down if anyone is interested. https://youtu.be/DuCcAwKnA7Y

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what do you do when you are on vacation? can you mix RU in advance?

I personally do a 5 day mix of Ru, but I have also heard that is quite stable at room temperature for a couple of weeks. Unsure how many people have actually tried that though.

Susano

Reaction score
I just don't know anymore... nothing, absolutely f*cking nothing seems to work for me. I am on the verge of throwing in the towel and shaving this decaying birds nest until I get a huge hair transplant.. that's all that works, hair transplantation.

Last two months Nizoral somewhat stopped working, the scalp became dry, hot. I started using less Nizoral bit didn't work.

Now I have apparently and temporarily fixed the problem: Nizoral every other day as I used to before dryness came, and minoxidil 5% used only together with vaseline. This way dryness seems to have disappeared, and the head is not that hot anymore, but there are so many moving parts in this hormonal Rube-goldbergian machine that really I'm not surprised we have not yet found "THE molecule".

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you guys think about RU so far? you think that "gets worse before better" applies to RU ? for me personally im worse then when i began on RU two months ago

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you guys think about RU so far? you think that "gets worse before better" applies to RU ? for me personally im worse then when i began on RU two months ago

well, it's been four months, but it's really just hard to tell what's going on, especially since I just cut my hair short. I don't think my hair has ever been this diffuse, but this could still be the after math of a year on finasteride. when one has as many variables as I have, the equation becomes impossible to solve. We will see how this pans out over the next few months. Will keep you updated. One thing I can say for sure, is my hairline hasn't been this thick in years. I am starting to think that RU may be beneficial at the hairline, especially when coupled with dermarolling.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, it's been four months, but it's really just hard to tell what's going on, especially since I just cut my hair short. I don't think my hair has ever been this diffuse, but this could still be the after math of a year on finasteride. when one has as many variables as I have, the equation becomes impossible to solve. We will see how this pans out over the next few months. Will keep you updated. One thing I can say for sure, is my hairline hasn't been this thick in years. I am starting to think that RU may be beneficial at the hairline, especially when coupled with dermarolling.

Same obviously my hair has gotten worse because i quit minoxidil for two months but i am now back on except only using once a day in the morning and RU at night. My overall hair is def. below baseline hopeful this is expected so like you i have no choice but to wait it will reassess after 6 months on RU.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My posts got deleted but ...

I plan to take small doses of RU. I have ordered from Kane. I might go for 10 or 20 mg/day, I will dissolve it in my minoxidil which is itself dissolved in propylene glycol.

I am going for small doses of RU due to my androgen issues. I have erectile dysfunction which I have been fighting for years, with some progress (finally) in the last few months.