CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the guys at the Kaneshop go on vacation or something? Ordered 5g powder RU about a week ago and still no update from them even though payment through paypal cleared.

I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and it was delivered in the mail 4 days ago. You didn't get an email with a tracking number?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
buckthorn, any update using RU58841 mixed in Neogenic? Is your hair and scalp still flaking and itching? :tellme:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
buckthorn, any update using RU58841 mixed in Neogenic? Is your hair and scalp still flaking and itching? :tellme:

Hey Brother,
Still losing a lot of hair, however, the neogenic really seems to help. I just got some KB as well, for a trial run, but the stuff just smells like pure ethanol. My scalp itching and crawling sensations have been reduced. Also, the neo dissolves RU very well, better than anything else I have tried. Thanks for the solid advice! I can see myself using it as a vehicle for a long time.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
Welp, despite the fact that after almost 2 months of 100mg RU and not a single ****ing strand of hair gained any density, I still sent this Kane guy another 130$ for another 10 grams. Day by day, I'm starting to feel like this stuff is a complete waste of money. I'm not looking for regrowth, just thicken some hairs already!!

Will somebody PLEASE tell me that this is not enough time to expect to see something

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welp, despite the fact that after almost 2 months of 100mg RU and not a single ****ing strand of hair gained any density, I still sent this Kane guy another 130$ for another 10 grams. Day by day, I'm starting to feel like this stuff is a complete waste of money. I'm not looking for regrowth, just thicken some hairs already!!

Will somebody PLEASE tell me that this is not enough time to expect to see something

How are you expected to see anything after just two months?? Sh*t, i wouldn't expect to notice anything until 8-10 months, like any treatment. You have to understand 1) the hair cycle and 2) hair grows EXTREMELY slow.... so, if ANY treatment is going to have ANY effect it first has to transition the hair cycles, shed the weak hair, so the the follicle can start to grow a stronger hair, then grow it, which occurs at a rate of .5" per month.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think maybe from Hellousers thread that looked as though the density increased over a matter of 3 months.

But I suppose everyone is different too.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I think maybe from Hellousers thread that looked as though the density increased over a matter of 3 months.

But I suppose everyone is different too.

1 of the 4 people that had results

It seems like all the results that you see of RU are guys doing the zoolander model face with a thick *** head of hair after a month or 2. Very discouraging

- - - Updated - - -

I know I have a love hate thing going on with RU, I must admit though, I can't get one hair to shed off my head if I tried. I'm vigorously scrubbing my head with the stuff and not a single strand of hair falls. When I started, hair would be stuck to my hands from the alcohol and pg.

it2wi

Reaction score
I know I have a love hate thing going on with RU, I must admit though, I can't get one hair to shed off my head if I tried. I'm vigorously scrubbing my head with the stuff and not a single strand of hair falls. When I started, hair would be stuck to my hands from the alcohol and pg.

If you've stopped shedding with RU, then you are definitely maintaining, which is more than most people would hope for. If you're looking for density and thickening, you need to incorporate things that work to that effect: dermastamping, minoxidil, castor oil - these are all things that promote regrowth.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
What vehicle are you guys using? eth/pg? I can't find a good source for PG.

What about using kirkland minoxidil as a carrier or garnier stemox?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Neogenic beats everything imo... It's convenient, and as a vehicle is soothing to the scalp.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have used both. In neogenic it's very soluble up to a high concentration. In kirkland it's also possible but less soluble and needs vigorous shaking if you apply it at a 5% concentration. Maximum for kirkland was like 6% for me.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used both. In neogenic it's very soluble up to a high concentration. In kirkland it's also possible but less soluble and needs vigorous shaking if you apply it at a 5% concentration. Maximum for kirkland was like 6% for me.

Correct... I once trialled using like 800mg in one vial of neogenic (6ml) and it dissolved almost instantaneously. Swoop - do you put ANY stock in neogenic alone? I know it doesn't do anything for Androgenetic Alopecia, but for overall follicle health? If so, then RU in neo may be like killing 1.5 birds with one stone. lol

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct... I once trialled using like 800mg in one vial of neogenic (6ml) and it dissolved almost instantaneously. Swoop - do you put ANY stock in neogenic alone? I know it doesn't do anything for Androgenetic Alopecia, but for overall follicle health? If so, then RU in neo may be like killing 1.5 birds with one stone. lol

I don't know why people would use the old skool style of Everclear and PG and all that jazz when you can just dump it in Stemox and get the added benefit.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why people would use the old skool style of Everclear and PG and all that jazz when you can just dump it in Stemox and get the added benefit.

Yeah... I don't know if it's the RU or if neogenic is magic, but the last couple of weeks my shedding has been reduced literally ten fold. Still have the weird scalp sensations though, so who knows?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
This thread is pretty long, would have expected to see more positive results. Aren't there more people who have been using this for a long time? even after doing a search for RU58841, not as much good progress as expected.

Beginning to wonder how useful any of these topical only treatments are without finasteride/dutasteride at achieving quality regrowth and/or maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

My RU seems to precipitate on head after applying with minoxidil vehicle. It was dissolved at 5%. Maybe need to switch to stemox as or eth/pg vehicle instead.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
My official 2 month round up review of RU.

Total number of hairs regrown: 0

Total number of hairs thickened: 0

Just got another 180 dollars worth in the mail, hoping to see continued success

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I find it helpful on my hairline only at 25mg. But trying for the whole head on higher doses. I end up running into more sides than results. I'm also using fluridil - which I find works as well as lower doses of RU with no sides.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

In my experience on these forums, I would say that those that get initial regrowth are very few and far between. The hair needs to cycle. It is very hard to be patient with hair loss treatments, I know the feeling. If you're going to achieve maintenance or regrowth, I personally think it wouldn't happen untl around 3-5 month

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
In my experience on these forums, I would say that those that get initial regrowth are very few and far between. The hair needs to cycle. It is very hard to be patient with hair loss treatments, I know the feeling. If you're going to achieve maintenance or regrowth, I personally think it wouldn't happen untl around 3-5 month

It just sucks, some days I convince myself my hair looks better, the some days I catch a glimpse of my hairline in the wrong light and it's devastating

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just sucks, some days I convince myself my hair looks better, the some days I catch a glimpse of my hairline in the wrong light and it's devastating

I think RU has actually improved my hair line, but my crown is almost completely bald... don't know when the f*ck that happened. Took a pic today and wanted to shoot myself.