CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
buckthorn, have you looked into PG pathways in conjunction with your anti androgen regime? You may find that highly beneficial. I.e Swiss temples regime, also anti-inflammatories, increasing pge2 ect

I have, but very minimally. What do you recommend? I can use all the help I can get. I was thinking about trying seti, just don't know where to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

and dang, your regimen is impressive. How long have you been on it? What results have you had?

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any sides on RU at 100mg? To all I noticed saying there on that dosage. I'm on 40mg - no sides, may increase it my temples and crown could benefit from a higher dose.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
I started RU maybe a month ago. Lately I've been feeling very fatigued throughout the day..like a pressure on my eyelids. Not sure if this is what brain fog is, but I've been sleeping fine. Also, I have noticed pressure on my chest as well. Both those are much more manageable than hair loss though, so I will be continuing treatment.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
Any sides on RU at 100mg? To all I noticed saying there on that dosage. I'm on 40mg - no sides, may increase it my temples and crown could benefit from a higher dose.

100 MG's here, 4 Ml covering entire top of head. Zero sides effects. Actually, I have so little side effects from RU, I feel like I could dump the whole 10G's I bought from Anagenic in a bowl of everclear, stir it up and dunk my head in it for 3 hours.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
100 MG's here, 4 Ml covering entire top of head. Zero sides effects. Actually, I have so little side effects from RU, I feel like I could dump the whole 10G's I bought from Anagenic in a bowl of everclear, stir it up and dunk my head in it for 3 hours.

hahaha... do it! ;) so, you're using 400mg a day? Or are you distributing the 100mg in 4ml total? I am currently using 7.5% in neogenic. Neogenic is a little bit more expensive, but a WAY better option than alcohol and PG in my opinion. It dissolves completely and immediately. Plus it's already in little vials, 6ml each... so you can just dump in 300, 450 or 600mg and shake it up. I was having some dissolving issues with et/pg

- - - Updated - - -

I am using about 1.5-2ml a day, so on average each solution lasts 3-4 days. I keep it in the fridge. I assume it should remain stable for that long at a cold temperature. What do you think Sniper?

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
hahaha... do it! ;) so, you're using 400mg a day? Or are you distributing the 100mg in 4ml total? I am currently using 7.5% in neogenic. Neogenic is a little bit more expensive, but a WAY better option than alcohol and PG in my opinion. It dissolves completely and immediately. Plus it's already in little vials, 6ml each... so you can just dump in 300, 450 or 600mg and shake it up. I was having some dissolving issues with et/pg

- - - Updated - - -

I am using about 1.5-2ml a day, so on average each solution lasts 3-4 days. I keep it in the fridge. I assume it should remain stable for that long at a cold temperature. What do you think Sniper?

Hell no, 400MG would definitely do something horrible to you. I use 100MG with 4ml.

I really think I need to stay off these hair loss forums though. I've been reading up on nearly everything I can find on RU just to know what to expect. One moment, I'll read a post about someone who says they had great thickening and I'll feel good about things. Other times, I'll read someone posting that they've been on it for 6 months and it hasn't done ****, resulting in me doubting how these final times are going to end up in my hair loss war. I want RU to work so ****ing bad, even just thickening up the diameter of my current hairs, I don't need regrowth.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hell no, 400MG would definitely do something horrible to you. I use 100MG with 4ml.

I really think I need to stay off these hair loss forums though. I've been reading up on nearly everything I can find on RU just to know what to expect. One moment, I'll read a post about someone who says they had great thickening and I'll feel good about things. Other times, I'll read someone posting that they've been on it for 6 months and it hasn't done ****, resulting in me doubting how these final times are going to end up in my hair loss war. I want RU to work so ****ing bad, even just thickening up the diameter of my current hairs, I don't need regrowth.

Well, hang in there man. Even if you read mostly positive things, nothing in this horrible f*cking world of Androgenetic Alopecia is a guarantee. Youtube user antiandrogen for a good video to watch on this stuff. He had crazy hair line regrowth that you could visually see. Several others have shown regrowth as well... but, like I said, nothing is a guarantee. You are applying a compound that has shown to have significant affinity for the AR... in theory, RU is the SH*T. Hopefully it will work well for you in practice as well. In my personal experience, something is definitely happening. I am losing hair like usual, and it's getting thinner and thinner... but I have an army of new hairs all along the right hair line. They have grown in one month. There was absolutely nothing there before. I hope it's a sign. If they continue to thicken up, I will post some photos. Good luck brother. Luckily, you're in the coolest state in the U.S. imo!!! I love CO. Boulder is my jam.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pics of my right hair line. The first is from one month and three days a ago. The second is from today. Sorry if the image quality isn't perfect. I have been taking photos with my old phone, that has no SD card... so I literally had to take these photos, with my current phone on the SCREEN of my old phone. You will get the gist though. Seems like lots of new growth below the hair line I have had for years now, and pretty quickly. I HOPE this is happening all over my head. I will see if this goes anywhere and take some more in a month. It is the same area, but shifted slighlty. I suck at taking photos. What do y'all think? I am I imagining things?

WP_20160328_012.jpgWP_20160328_014.jpg

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine continuing to lose hair and experiencing miniaturization when using the dutasteride + ru combo

I feel this way ALL the time about my hair, but it hasn't gotten worse. My hair is maintaining but improved slowly on these treatments. Having aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia genes can really be/feel debilitating.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel this way ALL the time about my hair, but it hasn't gotten worse. My hair is maintaining but improved slowly on these treatments. Having aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia genes can really be/feel debilitating.

How long have you been using RU? I started miniaturizing again 2 years into finasteride after great results, do you think I should hop on dutasteride in addition to my 100 MG of RU now or should I save dutasteride for my final strike against hairloss?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, hang in there man. Even if you read mostly positive things, nothing in this horrible f*cking world of Androgenetic Alopecia is a guarantee. Youtube user antiandrogen for a good video to watch on this stuff. He had crazy hair line regrowth that you could visually see. Several others have shown regrowth as well... but, like I said, nothing is a guarantee. You are applying a compound that has shown to have significant affinity for the AR... in theory, RU is the SH*T. Hopefully it will work well for you in practice as well. In my personal experience, something is definitely happening. I am losing hair like usual, and it's getting thinner and thinner... but I have an army of new hairs all along the right hair line. They have grown in one month. There was absolutely nothing there before. I hope it's a sign. If they continue to thicken up, I will post some photos. Good luck brother. Luckily, you're in the coolest state in the U.S. imo!!! I love CO. Boulder is my jam.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pics of my right hair line. The first is from one month and three days a ago. The second is from today. Sorry if the image quality isn't perfect. I have been taking photos with my old phone, that has no SD card... so I literally had to take these photos, with my current phone on the SCREEN of my old phone. You will get the gist though. Seems like lots of new growth below the hair line I have had for years now, and pretty quickly. I HOPE this is happening all over my head. I will see if this goes anywhere and take some more in a month. It is the same area, but shifted slighlty. I suck at taking photos. What do y'all think? I am I imagining things?

View attachment 39342View attachment 39343

Good progress man. Your hair seems pretty thick already... And you aren't on a oral anti androgen?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using RU? I started miniaturizing again 2 years into finasteride after great results, do you think I should hop on dutasteride in addition to my 100 MG of RU now or should I save dutasteride for my final strike against hairloss?

I've been on RU58841 since May 2015. Being on both Dutasteride and RU58841 is potent, it won't hurt to try tackling hair loss from those two angles.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on RU58841 since May 2015. Being on both Dutasteride and RU58841 is potent, it won't hurt to try tackling hair loss from those two angles.

I'm just horribly nervous about this never ending shed I've been hearing people get when switching to dutasteride from finasteride

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just horribly nervous about this never ending shed I've been hearing people get when switching to dutasteride from finasteride

If finasteride worked great for you, then slowly lost it's effectiveness, have you considered increasing the dose? Also, perhaps adding some topical finasteride in there as well. Sh*t, if finasteride was working good for me, then I would be taking 5mg a day and rubbing it all over my head! lol

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
If finasteride worked great for you, then slowly lost it's effectiveness, have you considered increasing the dose? Also, perhaps adding some topical finasteride in there as well. Sh*t, if finasteride was working good for me, then I would be taking 5mg a day and rubbing it all over my head! lol

finasteride took my hair to a whole new level, then out of no where decided to stop putting out. I'm hoping the 100mg of RU daily will breathe life back into the hairs that have started to miniaturize.

From what I've read about switching dutasteride there are two outcomes

1. Your hair becomes thicker
2. You shed until your hair is gone

What a gamble..

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride took my hair to a whole new level, then out of no where decided to stop putting out. I'm hoping the 100mg of RU daily will breathe life back into the hairs that have started to miniaturize.

From what I've read about switching dutasteride there are two outcomes

1. Your hair becomes thicker
2. You shed until your hair is gone

What a gamble..

hahaha... dear God, yeah, what a horrible gamble. I think that those that responded WELL to finasteride have a better chance with dutasteride. I have a theory that mostly those that go directly to dutasteride, without knowing how they react to finasteride, or those that were horrible responders to finasteride and think dutasteride will save them, are more likely set up for a bad outcome. IF you're responding really well to finasteride, in theory, dutasteride should just work even better... then again, who the hell knows, right?

jake89

Reaction score
I think I'm going to give it up

1) 2.5 months
2) Anagen... tried 5%, then down to 3% (as best as I can figure out)
3) At first the shedding was pretty traumatic. I don't remember when I started Minoxidil, it shedding that much. It seems like I shed a lot less now.
4) Mild sexual sides... nothing too serious, as I'm 26%. I don't mind the slightly reduced sex drive too much, honestly. Still very functional. What does concern me is A- I Feel like I have gained some fat? Even though I work out quite a bit. Also, I am very paranoid of gynecomastia and I think I am developing it. I am probably one of those more sensitive to it, but seriously... I am thinking I might try giving up the RU. It's not a good tradeoff, in my opinion.

5) Minoxidil. Also just started taking Diindolylmethane to try and combat the gyro, etc, about a week or so ago.

I'm pretty frustrated. On the one hand, while I don't know that RU has made my hair thicker, it certainly seems to make it shed less. On the other hand, I really do not want gyno. I'm fairly certain that is what it is, because there's a palpable difference behind my right and left nipples. I hope if I quit now, it will go away. I do intend to try and have a hair transplant down in Minneapolis with Dr Shapiro this fall or winter. I'm a redhead--my hair is important to me, it's part of who I am. I hated it as a kid, and it's such a cruel joke that by the time I started to love it in my 20s, my it started to run away! I am a pretty buff guy (working on getting buff-er!) but I just don't think I have the personality or aesthetic blessings to pull off the shaved head look. It's kind of a catch-22... I don't feel like I can afford surgery to have the gyno glands taken out, AND a transplant (and keep buying RU, of course, which while paling in comparison to these procedures, still is not cheap.) It would be great if I could afford both, because a transplant and RU to hold on to existing hair would be the best, but I'm sort of late-to-the-game in going to college which puts me on somewhat of a budget for the next couple of years still.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) 2.5 months
2) Anagen... tried 5%, then down to 3% (as best as I can figure out)
3) At first the shedding was pretty traumatic. I don't remember when I started Minoxidil, it shedding that much. It seems like I shed a lot less now.
4) Mild sexual sides... nothing too serious, as I'm 26%. I don't mind the slightly reduced sex drive too much, honestly. Still very functional. What does concern me is A- I Feel like I have gained some fat? Even though I work out quite a bit. Also, I am very paranoid of gynecomastia and I think I am developing it. I am probably one of those more sensitive to it, but seriously... I am thinking I might try giving up the RU. It's not a good tradeoff, in my opinion.
5) Minoxidil. Also just started taking Diindolylmethane to try and combat the gyro, etc, about a week or so ago.

I'm pretty frustrated. On the one hand, while I don't know that RU has made my hair thicker, it certainly seems to make it shed less. On the other hand, I really do not want gyno. I'm fairly certain that is what it is, because there's a palpable difference behind my right and left nipples. I hope if I quit now, it will go away. I do intend to try and have a hair transplant down in Minneapolis with Dr Shapiro this fall or winter. I'm a redhead--my hair is important to me, it's part of who I am. I hated it as a kid, and it's such a cruel joke that by the time I started to love it in my 20s, my it started to run away! I am a pretty buff guy (working on getting buff-er!) but I just don't think I have the personality or aesthetic blessings to pull off the shaved head look. It's kind of a catch-22... I don't feel like I can afford surgery to have the gyno glands taken out, AND a transplant (and keep buying RU, of course, which while paling in comparison to these procedures, still is not cheap.) It would be great if I could afford both, because a transplant and RU to hold on to existing hair would be the best, but I'm sort of late-to-the-game in going to college which puts me on somewhat of a budget for the next couple of years still.

Hey brother,
I am sorry to hear that? Did you try finasteride first? Shapiro is an awesome hair transplant surgeon and I wish you the best of luck!! I have not experiences any gyno. I have noticed that it's been harder to lose weight though. I don't know if that's the 15% minoxidil or the RU.

- - - Updated - - -

that wasn't supposed to be stated as a question. I AM, indeed, sorry to hear that. lol

abcdefg

Reaction score
Has anyone actually had their androgen levels tested before/after to see whether it has any systemic effect?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey Agustin,
So, I am still getting that crawling feeling after applying the RU with neo. I think neogenic has PG in it? I need to try another vehicle, as I believe this is irritating my scalp. Have you ever tried it with aloe/ethanol? If you know anything about this, I would appreciate it!!