CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still lost hair on dutasteride + RU right buck? Perhaps you suffer from hair loss unrelated to Androgenetic Alopecia, like cicatrial alopecia?

unfortunately it's just male pattern baldness. It is thinnest at the midscalp and crown and thick all over the sides and back. the exact same pattern my brothers and father have. diffused thinning throughout. I have just sped it up by getting Telogen Effluvium multiple times through injuries, and by using finasteride. I also think RU is speeding it up.

I have been using 250mg of seti orally / day. I am about to bump it up to 500mg/day. we will see.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
unfortunately it's just male pattern baldness. It is thinnest at the midscalp and crown and thick all over the sides and back. the exact same pattern my brothers and father have. diffused thinning throughout. I have just sped it up by getting Telogen Effluvium multiple times through injuries, and by using finasteride. I also think RU is speeding it up.

I have been using 250mg of seti orally / day. I am about to bump it up to 500mg/day. we will see.

You can have male pattern baldness and a secondary issue going on

Did you see a dermatologist?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can have male pattern baldness and a secondary issue going on

Did you see a dermatologist?

I've seen many. they are useless. I've had thorough blood panels and all my levels are normal, as they've always been.

1) I have had Telogen Effluvium three times in the past couple of years
2) finasteride fucked me (and gave me Telogen Effluvium)
3) I think RU is f*****g me.

= acceleration of male pattern baldness BIG TIME. That's all it is really. :(

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn ,

Yeah I meant what hairblues said. Perhaps you have some multi-factorial things going on. Androgenetic Alopecia combined with Telogen Effluvium or Cicatrial Alopecia. Since yeah, most people should really maintain with such extreme regimens and I really feel for you since it doesn't seem to be helping you.

Anyway you know my opinion. You have great donor hair....:D.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@buckthorn ,

Yeah I meant what hairblues said. Perhaps you have some multi-factorial things going on. Androgenetic Alopecia combined with Telogen Effluvium or Cicatrial Alopecia. Since yeah, most people should really maintain with such extreme regimens and I really feel for you since it doesn't seem to be helping you.

Anyway you know my opinion. You have great donor hair....:D.

Would you recommend oral seti for those that don't respond to aa's? I mean, if they are trial it all over the US now orally, you would think it actually does have some promise?

Meh, who knows. I will be taking 500mg/day and spending about $200 on it per month. It's my last resort.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question: For extra protection and chance of regrowth, would it be better to add in dutasteride a couple times a week or use RU nightly? Not looking to add in both just yet, but am tempted to add in one.

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question: For extra protection and chance of regrowth, would it be better to add in dutasteride a couple times a week or use RU nightly? Not looking to add in both just yet, but am tempted to add in one.

I use both daily. Duta on its own didn't stop all the sebum. Testosterone was still active in the scalp.
Always the same "I am on RU for about 4 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 month."

Where are the long time RU users with hair growth and pictures.
Claiming that RU works is easy, but when it comes to pictures nobody can show it. RU seems scam for me.

Some people report improvement, others just stabilization. And most of them used it in combination with minoxdil. Here are some pictures :

http://www.ru-58841.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/ruresults.jpg

Just like fina and duta. It works for some and for others it doesn't. Hairloss can he accelerated by stress, oxidative stress too. Strong anti oxidants are always useful addition.

Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply man. I think I might buy 5 grams of RU and give it a shot. Now my next question, I plan on mixing my RU in with liquid minoxidil. With liquid minoxidil I usually use around 1.5-2 ml to cover my male pattern baldness areas (temples, forelock, and crown). I know the standard dose of RU is 50 mg of RU per 1 ml (5% solution). Since I'm using 2 ml, would making a 25 mg per 1 ml solution still be effective as I'm using 2 ml and getting that 50 mg of RU still? Hopefully what I'm asking makes sense.

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes totally sense. In that case start out with 2.5℅ solution (1.5g ru in 60 ML minoxidil. Some people use 20mg others 100mg. You really have to experiment.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your help man.

https://www.chemyo.com/ru58841.html

I plan on buying my RU from here as its the cheapest, however the site is glitching out when I go to make an account. Is anyone else having this problem?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Be careful with this kind of sides. Ask a Doctor maybe.

Well RU is my only last shot after topical finasteride and spironolactone didn't work to make my scalp feel better, and more importantly, to stop hairloss. (I also use minoxidil but im talking androgen related)

I've never had sides, it's just nothing f*****g works. I refuse to take the f*****g finasteride pill so RU is my last shoot. Some people reported even regrowth. Of course the bad news is, it's stupid to use RU everyday, it can only be used a couple of days otherwise you will have a backlash due upregulation of receptors. Even tho some people report good results using it daily, I still think in the long term this is a mistake. So even if RU worked for the 2 days I use it, so what? the rest of the days im still fucked because the finasteride and minoxidil is not working.
Same for the spironolactone, it does nothing the 2 days I use it (the weekend) other than making my scalp smell weird as f***.

This disease is killing me. Dumb f*****g doctors will never find out what makes my scalp itch let alone how to stop the hair from falling. This is insane.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend oral seti for those that don't respond to aa's? I mean, if they are trial it all over the US now orally, you would think it actually does have some promise?

Meh, who knows. I will be taking 500mg/day and spending about $200 on it per month. It's my last resort.
Whats the point of using oral seti over topical seti?

Indeed whats the point of using anything orally for male pattern baldness when the problem is the on the scalp? The only reason I see is if the molecular weight of the compound is too big to penetrate the scalp, which is the case with attempts of topical dutasteride lotions. I don't know about seti. Has anyone had good results at all orally or otherwise?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Makes totally sense. In that case start out with 2.5℅ solution (1.5g ru in 60 ML minoxidil. Some people use 20mg others 100mg. You really have to experiment.
But if you dilute it, you lose strength. If you cover your crown with a weaker %, you lose strenght on that area... same on any other area.

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your help man.

https://www.chemyo.com/ru58841.html

I plan on buying my RU from here as its the cheapest, however the site is glitching out when I go to make an account. Is anyone else having this problem?

I had no problems with that website. I use Google chrome though.

Well RU is my only last shot after topical finasteride and spironolactone didn't work to make my scalp feel better, and more importantly, to stop hairloss. (I also use minoxidil but im talking androgen related)

I've never had sides, it's just nothing f*****g works. I refuse to take the f*****g finasteride pill so RU is my last shoot. Some people reported even regrowth. Of course the bad news is, it's stupid to use RU everyday, it can only be used a couple of days otherwise you will have a backlash due upregulation of receptors. Even tho some people report good results using it daily, I still think in the long term this is a mistake. So even if RU worked for the 2 days I use it, so what? the rest of the days im still fucked because the finasteride and minoxidil is not working.
Same for the spironolactone, it does nothing the 2 days I use it (the weekend) other than making my scalp smell weird as f***.

This disease is killing me. Dumb f*****g doctors will never find out what makes my scalp itch let alone how to stop the hair from falling. This is insane.

Which brand topical fina did you try and at what strength. Perhaps it is better to combine the 3. spironolactone is useful because it turns androgens into estrogens, which is useful.

But if you dilute it, you lose strength. If you cover your crown with a weaker %, you lose strenght on that area... same on any other area.

True but this is the dose they used in the trials I believe. 50mg a day. Correct me if I'm worng, but in reality everyone responds to different dose. 20-100mg a day.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hmm, that's a lot of money Buckthorn. I personally don't really recommend seti. But hopefully it will help you! If I were you, I would make use of that great donor hair :cool:.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, that's a lot of money Buckthorn. I personally don't really recommend seti. But hopefully it will help you! If I were you, I would make use of that great donor hair :cool:.

making use of my donor hair, with my balding pattern at my age will be a huge waste of time, an emotional roller coaster and a lot of money.

My father has a balding pattern that extends down half the back of his head, if not more. He had this starting at 45, and is now 68.

What's the use in taking grafts from an area susceptible to balding?

this is what I don't understand, and this is what actually deserves it's own thread.

I saw some pics from a really well known doctor showing fue harvesting in a younger guy, all the way up the back of his head. HOW can he properly and definitively determine these grafts are not susceptible to Androgenetic Alopecia??? he can't .

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
making use of my donor hair, with my balding pattern at my age will be a huge waste of time, an emotional roller coaster and a lot of money.

My father has a balding pattern that extends down half the back of his head, if not more. He had this starting at 45, and is now 68.

What's the use in taking grafts from an area susceptible to balding?

this is what I don't understand, and this is what actually deserves it's own thread.

I saw some pics from a really well known doctor showing fue harvesting in a younger guy, all the way up the back of his head. HOW can he properly and definitively determine these grafts are not susceptible to Androgenetic Alopecia??? he can't .

Have you ever tried pgd2 blockers? Setti seems to be used in such a high dose. Why not oc000459 or tm3008 ?

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed somewhere before but i still cant work out why RU didnt get developed further and bought out commercially

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess its not that effective and harder (it terms of comfort) to use than finasteride.

I mean 95% just take the pill and are happy. No forum, no sides, no balding.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful with this kind of sides. Ask a Doctor maybe.

Cardiac related side effects have mostly gone away for now since I cut down on RU, not being scientific about the dose but I'm applying a small amount in the morning+evening. I am normally super sensitive to anti-androgenetic side effects, getting sides from even 0.25mg finasteride every 3 days, but I haven't noticed any effect on libido, erections or mental function from RU, only red eyes which doesn't bother me too much.

I am also on 100mg oral setipiprant daily (which isn't really enough to do it's job, but I couldn't get a topical working for me personally) and that is probably helping a little, I am not shedding hairs and scalp mostly feels fine so I think the combination is doing something right. Just hoping it will last me until there is a better option somewhere.