Brett Michaels-Poison

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
I bet most of those guys thought it would be a waste of time to try them and just went straight for the obvious - wig/hair transplant. That Kevin Dubrow one was pretty funny, but I saw Axl Rose on Mtv a while back and his hair looks like it did back in '92 apart from the braiding. Hey, now he can add the whole of Metallica to his list. :)

My next topic:

Hot women who are dating men with alledgedly small penises and/or have hair loss

unknown

Reaction score
in response to the no good music today comments, with all due respect i laugh at them. it's all opinion anyway, but in my opinion the heavy metal and rock of today and the 90's slaughters the heavy metal of the 80's. much more creativity, much more dynamic and blending of genres.

here are some musicians that are beginning to recede or bald

-warrel dane singer of nevermore
-richard christy currently with iced earth and burning inside
-the late great chuck schuldiner of death
-Dallas Toler-Wade from the band nile
-dave mustaine formerly of megadeth
-jason tedder from the band october 31
-tim owens of iced earth

Redbone

Reaction score
Highly doubtful, how old are you? did you live the 80's? I think bands like audioslave and the such are just f*****g ripoffs.

G

Highly doubtful, how old are you? did you live the 80's? I think bands like audioslave and the such are just f*****g ripoffs.

Wouldnt call Audioslave a rip off, but their not great are they? You would have thought taking members of two of the best alternative bands of the 90`s would have resulted in something less mediocre. It still beats stuff like Iron Maiden playing the same old tired riff for the zillionith time and their yellow spandex trousers with God knows what stuffed down there , a cucumber i presume.

Bring back Spinal Tap! :rockon:

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Maiden survived the grunge onslaught in the early 90's because they believed it was 1983 and guess what, they still do! Have some amazing songs though.

90's music in the uk was a horrible time so I escaped with nirvana, offspring, weezer and the like. When I came back? It was worse! So now I avoid cu*t dirt like top of the pops and fuc*er idols like the plague.

G

What about S Club 8? I think they could become extremely influential, a voice of a generation even. :laugh:

I still watch TOTP basically just to laugh at everything and to keep in touch with the kids. God i feel old. :laugh:

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
S club are the voice of a generation, a generation of druggies, pedos and 14 year old mums. However, as i said before Tina from S Club 7 is the real deal and I would gladly stand still on top of the pops with the rest of the pricks and act like I was enjoying myself just to get a whiff of her snatch. mmmmm.

unknown

Reaction score
redbone said:
what makes you think i was talking about audioslave and other radio mtv bands? i don't listen to radio bands.

i'm 21 by the way, i grew up listening to 80's rock and metal because of my older brother.

Redbone

Reaction score
Chris Cornell is awful- all he does is scream in Audio Slave- the band is great but chris's singing leaves allot to be desired. I turn the station when I hear his screaming voice. Guitar and Drums are very good though, rage without Zack still kicks ***.

Robert Plan and maybe the Clash are the only singers who could scream lyrics and get away with it. Bruce Dickinson should stick to flying Virgin Atlantic jets.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
redbone said:

Dude, stop living in the 80's. I love the 80s and the metal it produced.. Maiden, Ratt, Van halen, etc. I love it all, but the metal out today is more creative and has longer lasting power.

Check Out :

In Flames
Opeth
Children of Bodom
At The Gates
Hypocrisy
Soilwork

And so many more to name.. and they blow away any 80's metal.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't Chris Martin losing his hair already tho? It sure looks like it to me.. either that or he has a haircut that makes him look like he's thinning.

unknown

Reaction score
redbone said:
Chris Cornell is awful- all he does is scream in Audio Slave- the band is great but chris's singing leaves allot to be desired. I turn the station when I hear his screaming voice. Guitar and Drums are very good though, rage without Zack still kicks ***.

Robert Plan and maybe the Clash are the only singers who could scream lyrics and get away with it. Bruce Dickinson should stick to flying Virgin Atlantic jets.
hansi kursch can scream pretty good :rockon:

G

Isn't Chris Martin losing his hair already tho? It sure looks like it to me.. either that or he has a haircut that makes him look like he's thinning.

I bet its the stress of living with that high maintenence anorexic ho.

G

LOL. I aint getting on no plane with that Dickinson fool sucka! :laugh:

Plant was a great singer in his Led Zep days, i find his voice on his solo stuff a bit irritating now. I totally agree about Chris Cornell, just listen to Jesus Christ Pose of Badmotorfinger, the wailing could make a deaf man weep. Other wailers who make me reach for earplugs....David Coverdale, Ian Astbury, Sebastian Bach...to name but a few.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
You think Dickinson and the dude from the Clash "scream" ?

That ain't screaming.. wanna hear screaming? Listen to Killswitch Engage!

G

Have you guys heard of a UK band called The Darkness? Its like grunge didnt happen, tight spandex trousers, big hair, girly screaming vocals. There pretty big over here right now.

unknown

Reaction score
richlocks said:
You think Dickinson and the dude from the Clash "scream" ?

That ain't screaming.. wanna hear screaming? Listen to Killswitch Engage!
well it's still screaming, just not as intense as someone from killswitch or something like amon amarth, which is pretty damn intense

unknown

Reaction score
zimmy said:
Have you guys heard of a UK band called The Darkness? Its like grunge didnt happen, tight spandex trousers, big hair, girly screaming vocals. There pretty big over here right now.
i've heard of them recently, can't say i liked them

G

i've heard of them recently, can't say i liked them

That makes two of us. :laugh: