Brett Michaels-Poison

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Ha, ha, good one Zim.

Strange thing is, Shania is the biggest selling solo artist or some crap like that. She sings about money and cosmetics and lifestyles in a way that makes you think she is ridiculing it. Truth is, she revels in spending lots of money on rubbish and living a diva-esque life. How come Americans can't see this?

David what's his face isn't worth mentioning as he won't be around long enough to annoy me. Busted slagged-off Girls Aloud recently. Ha! Crappy manufatured bands are having a go at other crappy manufactured bands. Funny eh?

G

Strange thing is, Shania is the biggest selling solo artist or some crap like that. She sings about money and cosmetics and lifestyles in a way that makes you think she is ridiculing it. Truth is, she revels in spending lots of money on rubbish and living a diva-esque life. How come Americans can't see this?

Yeah well i reckon most people who buy her records are women (as they naturally have bad taste in music) so by singing about money, cosmetics and shoes she is appealing to their 3 main interests. :laugh:

G

David what's his face isn't worth mentioning as he won't be around long enough to annoy me. Busted slagged-off Girls Aloud recently. Ha! Crappy manufatured bands are having a go at other crappy manufactured bands. Funny eh?

Its irony on a base level isnt it. Thats it! Im not going to any more Busted concerts! Their on the boycott list. :rockon:

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah well i reckon most people who buy her records are women (as they naturally have bad taste in music) so by singing about money, cosmetics and shoes she is appealing to their 3 main interests.

You are probably right. American women are very different to ones in the uk. English girls are very cold most of the time. After living in London for most of most life, going to a place like America is really weird. The girls will approach you for just about any reason - hair, cd you're buying, logo on your shirt and start a conversation about it. If you were to do that here you would immediately be jailed and possibly face a rectal probe. Guys in the uk really have to bust there anus' to get a hot girl - hence you see the poor teenagers wearing enough nike gear to be an official sponser (with hooded top) or some other strange combo. All Amercian guys need is a medium - large gut, an AC-DC shirt and lots of facial hair. Admittedly they will only get a large-breasted blond with this look, but the world is not perfect is it? :)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
tomsmith said:
Great Rock bands that passed through the 90's

Smashing Pumpkins
Nirvana
Weezer
Offspring
I guess that goes to show how subjective the topic of music is when it comes to personal taste. I think Nirvana (along with the story behind them) was brilliant. Others hear nothing but distorted noise. I think Offpring is one of the worst bands on the planet, but I was around when they first came out, in the midst of the whole cynical grunge scene where they were heavily criticized for having lyrics that not only didnt rhyme, but were horrendously amateur. Catchy tunes though, but that didn't matter back then. Substance did.

HairLossTalk.com

G

You are probably right. American women are very different to ones in the uk. English girls are very cold most of the time. After living in London for most of most life, going to a place like America is really weird. The girls will approach you for just about any reason - hair, cd you're buying, logo on your shirt and start a conversation about it.

Scottish women too are very cold and a pain in the neck to get into bed these days. All the effort it takes these days...jeez...id rather go eat a sandwich now most of the time than expend energy and money on women. One of ex`s was an American she was pretty warm and open pity she had more emotional baggage than a busload of daytrippers from an insane asylum.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
That's usually the trade of huh? I'm 22, most people would expect me to want mess around for a few years, but why would I want to mess around with these girls? I would much rather have a solid relationship with someone I genuinely cared for as opposed to p*ssing around until I'm 30 like most people choose to. It feels like the roles have been reversed and the women are having a laugh, but I will never give them the satisfaction of grovelling for a date. I'll leave that to the other pr*cks.

Redbone

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com dont ever forget about tool the only real band that has been around in the last two years. Maynard J Keenan is quite a character. I saw them three times in concert truly bizare, they are said to be the pink floyd of this genre- I think that is a bold statement.

A perfect circle is notable to and what about my home town boys Godsmack? They are from two towns over from me. Also Chevelle and Three doors down are good. Comments please.

Techno is the best to f*** to.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
No doubt most of the good radio play bands today are leftovers from the early/mid 90's, when unique was "in". Tool is a perfect example. That's pretty much my mantra right now.

HairLossTalk.com

Cassin

Reaction score
"Clear channel" is the death of good radio. They own close to 1500 channels nationwide and they have killed Dallas radio. They are the "Boy Band" of radio stations.

f*****g "Clear Channel" is the death of originality.

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
Sooooooo glad I have XM Radio, no more pointless radio talk shows during your rush hour drives. It's so worth the extra money every month if you want to hear music on the radio instead of ads for the local L.A. Weight Loss Center.

G

I dont know about U.S radio, but UK radio is sooo bad these days. I cant remember when i las sat down and willingly listened to radio. Bad radio.

Cal Que Later

Established Member
Reaction score
US radio is fine but turn to all talk shows between about 6-9am and 3-7pm, which unfortunately is the only time a lot of people are in their cars.

Cassin

Reaction score
zimmy said:
I dont know about U.S radio, but UK radio is sooo bad these days. I cant remember when i las sat down and willingly listened to radio. Bad radio.

"Clear channel" has turned it sights on the UK Zimmy, it's gonna get worse.

For anyone that has had their favorite radio channel turn to Generic over used, same shitty songs over and over crap as other stations, chances are "Clear Channel" has bought them.

LONG LIVE SPORTS RADIO AM 1310 THE TICKET!

Redbone

Reaction score
f*** clear channel- go XM satelite my balding friends....Willie Nelson love it. Seriously for $9mo it is a great service- digital quality no commercials and anytype of music your prefer, also no poor reception ever.

You just have to buy the decoder for your car radio if it does not have one. Do you have this in U.K. Zim?

Cassin

Reaction score
redbone said:
f*** clear channel- go XM satelite my balding friends....Willie Nelson love it. Seriously for $9mo it is a great service- digital quality no commercials and anytype of music your prefer, also no poor reception ever.

You just have to buy the decoder for your car radio if it does not have one. Do you have this in U.K. Zim?

Tap the brakes on Willie promoting XM radio Redbone, he used to promote Clear Channel. Willie is all about $$$ nowadays. Not that I blame him.

garthbrooks

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
Ok now that i've read this thread, I'm going to list the top 10 bands that if you aren't listening to, you should be:

Mars Volta
Sparta
The Shins
Grandaddy
Kenna
The Postal Service
The Fire Theft
The Network (aka Green Day)
Strokes
Wilco

And for anyone who likes hip hop:
DM & Jemini
Hieroglyphics

Bomb Science Speaks the truth. (especially with the Mars Volta recommendation)

I would also add these albums:

Engine Down - Demure
On the Might of Princes - Sirens
The Cancer Conspiracy - Audio Medium (although they're instrumental so some people may not have the patience)

The Gardener

Reaction score
Great selections, Bombscience. Wow, Wilco... they are still popular? They used to be a breakout, and now becoming classic.. they've been around a while. I'm also down with the Strokes. From my personal preferences, I'd add to the list The Roots, the Special Sauce, Kinky, Radiohead, and OLD Sugar Ray before they got rich and fat. I also used to like Michael Franti and Spearhead, but their latest album really sucked.