Brett Michaels-Poison

G

My friends are in a 'hair rock' band called the Darkness and they have just sold around 750,000 albums in the UK and spent a few weeks at number 1, any of you 'foreigners' heard of them, they are f*****g hilarious!!

Ty

G

My friends are in a 'hair rock' band called the Darkness and they have just sold around 750,000 albums in the UK and spent a few weeks at number 1, any of you 'foreigners' heard of them, they are f*****g hilarious!!

Im a foreigner and ive heard of them. :lol: Seriously you know them? I cant say i like them, but they deserve respect in bringing back a genre that was SO dead, even if its a genre I hate. :laugh: The chick who sings / screams though shes not exactly a looker. :hairy:

I find their fashion sense repellant yet also strangely enticing at the same time. :rockon:

bombscience

Reaction score
unknown said:
redbone said:
Me neither except for the Greenday incarnation. I know one thing I listen to back to the 80's night on the radio and there was such a diversity in the music- freaks like the Culture Club, Big Country, Dexies midnight runners, Human League I could go on and on just listen to one of these 80's flash backs and you will realize the talent back then- It was so hot that you still have carry overs from that period who changed little like U2, Madonna, Metallica, Micheal Jackson, Aerosmith, Guns, ACDC, Kiss I could go on all night. Ever culture was represented.

I want someone here to name a good original band that is out today, that could even compare to what was back then not only in music but in Character and substance as well.

here are some metal and rock bands i really enjoy

-vintersorg
-borknagar
-cruachan
-blind guardian
-scholomance
-decoryah
-quo vadis
-nightwish
-agalloch
-opeth
-death
-arcturus
-pain of salvation
-mental home
-porcupine tree
-demons & wizards
-evergrey
-under moonlight sadness
-ayreon
-kalmah
-edge of sanity
-andromeda
-symphony x
-poisonblack
-green carnation
-into eternity
-katatonia
-orplid
-hollenthon
-promythean
-rhapsody
-therion
-dan swano
-winds
-virgin black
-summoning
-enslaved
-ulver
-in the woods
-novembre

i tried naming some fairly popular bands in different heavy metal sub genres. if you want some descriptions of the bands in case you have not heard them, then i can list some descriptions.

the crown
arch enemy
soilwork
in flames

bombscience

Reaction score
zimmy said:
Like I said, I stopped listening to "rock" a while ago. I never even heard of any of the bands you mentioned, except the Strokes. They were hyped big time and i thought, "Great. I good rock band, finally." Then i heard them. Sorry, dont like it. Now I just listen and write tunes of a different genre.

How over-rated are the Strokes?? Thay belong in the file of the most-over-rated bands of all time along with: Radiohead, Coldplay, Velvet Underground, New Order and R.E.M.

Radiohead, now that's just dumb to say.

Redbone

Reaction score
Ok what about Blind Mellon or Quessnryche who were supposed to be revelations in their time but never made it to the next level? Huh what do you say about that?

G

zimmy said:
Im a foreigner and ive heard of them. :lol: Seriously you know them? I cant say i like them, but they deserve respect in bringing back a genre that was SO dead, even if its a genre I hate. :laugh: The chick who sings / screams though shes not exactly a looker. :hairy:

I find their fashion sense repellant yet also strangely enticing at the same time. :rockon:

Yeah I know them really well, got a credit on the album even, they have studiously got their mid-eighties shovels out and dug up the corpse of a genre nobody thought would move again.

Singing an octave above what would normally be considered safe has not caused Justin, the singer, any trouble in the hair department.

Ty

G

Yeah I know them really well, got a credit on the album even, they have studiously got their mid-eighties shovels out and dug up the corpse of a genre nobody thought would move again.

Singing an octave above what would normally be considered safe has not caused Justin, the singer, any trouble in the hair department.

Yeah, they do deserve respect for what theyve done, coming out of seemingly nowhere this year. Their probably the biggest rock band in the UK now, sales wise. I enjoy their somewhat Spinal Tap- esque quality.

Good to see some bands not taking themselves to seriously unlike some UK bands i could mention.

:rockon:

G

I wonder if this thread will last longer than the legacy of Brett Michael`s music. :lol:

I heard `Every Rose has its thorn` the other day...brought back memories.......mammories.. :love:

Redbone

Reaction score
Every rose try something to believe in- the tibute to Vietnam Vets...

I dont know about you brits and music but you sure as hell no how to design hi-fi equipment.