Brett Michaels-Poison

G

I How can you be in a hair band with no hair?

Good point.......however hair bands belong in the 80`s though and best left there to fade into oblivion. :laugh:

Redbone

Reaction score
Come on you Brits had a huge influence on music from the 80's arguably the best period in history for music. All styles, all cultures....never to be repeated ever.

G

Come on you Brits had a huge influence on music from the 80's arguably the best period in history for music. All styles, all cultures....never to be repeated ever.

Nooo! Im not a fan of the 80`s all that new romantic crap and glam metal, electronic synthesiser stuff as well. The 80`s was even worse than the 70`s...it really was the era when image was far, far. far more important than the actual music. I mean come on Motley Crue, Poison...men dressing like the ugliest hookers you could ever hope not to want to see, Culture Club....Twisted Sister....Duran Duran....i could go on and on... :laugh:

Huey Lewis and the News rocked though. :rockon:

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
That last one made me laugh Zim.:) Yeah, some people like Twisted Sister really overdid it, but for every Twisted sister there was a Guns n Roses, Megadeth or Iron Maiden. Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Adam Ant - how genuine they were was questionable, but their music was great. What the hell was the 90's about as far as music goes? Nirvana and that's about it. I love 'tallica, but master of puppets wipes the floor with anything they did in the 90's including the black album. And to finish on a hair loss related topic - Kirk was a genius to find minoxidil back in 1990. No internet to help him, no-one to confide in about his problem, must have cost a sh*t load of money (not an issue admittedly) and you want to talk about dedication? 13 years with all that touring night after night in different places! Must have been a nightmare. Kirk I salute you! Thanks for the link 'bone.

Redbone

Reaction score
The list of guys that look good without hair starts with Sean connery and ends with Sean Connery get it....

G

The list of guys that look good without hair starts with Sean connery and ends with Sean Connery get it....

Yul Brynner looks fantastic bald. Ive never seen a pic of him with hair though.

That last one made me laugh Zim. Yeah, some people like Twisted Sister really overdid it, but for every Twisted sister there was a Guns n Roses, Megadeth or Iron Maiden. Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Adam Ant - how genuine they were was questionable, but their music was great. What the hell was the 90's about as far as music goes? Nirvana and that's about it. I love 'tallica, but master of puppets wipes the floor with anything they did in the 90's including the black album. And to finish on a hair loss related topic - Kirk was a genius to find minoxidil back in 1990. No internet to help him, no-one to confide in about his problem, must have cost a sh*t load of money (not an issue admittedly) and you want to talk about dedication? 13 years with all that touring night after night in different places! Must have been a nightmare. Kirk I salute you! Thanks for the link 'bone.

Wow, i had forgotten that Kirk has used minoxidil for so long. Ive kind of lost touch with Metaliica since they released Load,,,Re-Load and sh*t-Load. Havent bought thier last album, hated both the singles, terriblle production. Bob Rock should be shot!

Black album is still my favourite though by a long way. Fist band i ever really got into was Anthrax, then Megadeth, Testament, Metallica.....GnR....i mellowed out in recent years now i only listen to Bing Crosby.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
I think load was good, reload was crap, st anger is totally sh*t!. 'tallica really have lost the plot creatively, no solos from Kirk, 9 minute songs, it makes justice seem like a masterpiece. Jason was right to leave, I'm sure he saw the writing one the wall and didn't want to be remembered for that crap they put on 'anger. And the hair loss topic is, er, OH YEAH, Stan Lee Marvel comics genius is that what you call plugs or what!?

G

Metallica have certainly lost it. I quite liked S&M though. I blame Bob Rock a bit he has faaaar too much infulence on them. I can NOT believe the terrbille production on St. Anger, it sounds terrbille....pingy snare drum...thats not metal!!!!!!!! When will people learn that there is a fine line between experimental and shite.

Axon

Reaction score
zimmy said:
Metallica have certainly lost it. I quite liked S&M though. I blame Bob Rock a bit he has faaaar too much infulence on them. I can NOT believe the terrbille production on St. Anger, it sounds terrbille....pingy snare drum...thats not metal!!!!!!!! When will people learn that there is a fine line between experimental and shite.

My favorite line from any band that puts on an experimental record is "well, the fans didn't understand it." Oh we understood, all right - we understood your record SUCKS.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
zimmy said:

Nooo! Im not a fan of the 80`s all that new romantic crap and glam metal, electronic synthesiser stuff as well. The 80`s was even worse than the 70`s...it really was the era when image was far, far. far more important than the actual music. I mean come on Motley Crue, Poison...men dressing like the ugliest hookers you could ever hope not to want to see, Culture Club....Twisted Sister....Duran Duran....i could go on and on... :laugh:

Huey Lewis and the News rocked though. :rockon:

Some of the most memorable songs came from the 80s.. I think the period had a lot of creativity, save for all the glam posers and typical new wave/popsters.. some of the brits and australians did some creative styles that brought some great songs..

Alphaville (forever young) , The Police, Cyndi Lauper (Time after Time), and many others.. Mostly the euro flavor is what made that musical decade.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
I would have preferred to be 22 in the 80's as opposed to now. Better music, less violence, better wrestling, cheaper stuff, nice girls (uk girls are horrid beasts these days). If, however, I was there with my unfortunate affliction then I would be screwed! Oh what a cruel world :roll:

G

Yeah there were some good 80`s bands, but more bad ones than good ones in my opinion. Some of my faves from the 80`s ...Police, Michael Jackson, Huey Lewis, U2, Metallica, Anthrax, A-Ha, Billy Joel, GNR, Living Colour....to name just a few.

I would have preferred to be 22 in the 80's as opposed to now. Better music, less violence, better wrestling, cheaper stuff, nice girls (uk girls are horrid beasts these days). If, however, I was there with my unfortunate affliction then I would be screwed! Oh what a cruel world

UK women suck period! :freaked2: I want to move to Italy thats where the booty is that attracts me. Good point though we would all be screwed with hairloss if we were back in the 80`s. No minoxidil, no propecia and no internet to get good info.

Redbone

Reaction score
Well maybe no minoxidil but you had the HairClub for men and you did have the Helsiniki formula, yup I guess you would be screwed. Hair systems were very big back then.

And who cares that they wore make up, they were all glam rockers it was part of the show. Motley Crue was even more powerful than Metallica back then- just because the bands are sh*t now and strange to younger generes doesn't mean they sucked. I lived it and it was so damn dynamic every few years a different style came out. Today and since the early 90's music has sucked ***. Who have the kids got today? 98 degrees, Britney Spears, Christina etc.... Nothing good has even come out of the U.K. since the spice girls and Bush.

All the bands from the 80's are doing reuinion tours and making huge cash, Ozzy, Metallica, The Who, Stones, Kiss etc... They wouldnt be able to pull this off if there were good bands today.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
That's exactly out point bone, today compared to yesterday todays sucks arse hair! Adam Ant would be chased and battered if he attempted the same career tomorrow that he had in the new romantic days, but that's because the young pricks these days have no idea what good music is. I am really refering to uk kids in particular, they are so aggresive and will attack you in the street if you wear something without a nike logo or whatever ridiculous sh*t they call "fashion". You don't know sh*t music until you have heard "garage", it's like hip hop without the talent, or good tunes, or production values or... well you get the point. It's either that or the latest boy band that british b*tch kids still have not got bored with. You guys in the US do not know how lucky you are.

G

And who cares that they wore make up, they were all glam rockers it was part of the show. Motley Crue was even more powerful than Metallica back then- just because the bands are sh*t now and strange to younger generes doesn't mean they sucked. I lived it and it was so damn dynamic every few years a different style came out. Today and since the early 90's music has sucked ***.

I dont care that they wore make up at all! I would probably have worn make up too if i was as ugly as most of the guys in Motley Crue. :laugh: I think there was quite a lot of good 90`s music, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Live, Soul Asylum, C. Crows, Silverchair, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis....plus a zillion others. I just think in general 90`s music rellied less on image and more on substance.

Nothing good has even come out of the U.K. since the spice girls and Bush.

Heheh that made me laugh. The Spice Girls were a musical abomination! Theres been a few good bands like Oasis, Travis...not that many though i have to admit, I dont rate Radiohead or Coldplay at all. Bush are a very Americanized made in U.S, U.S sound, i wouldnt `really` call them a U.K band. Uk music is in pretty bad shape right now.

Who have the kids got today? 98 degrees, Britney Spears, Christina etc....

Sad isnt it? Very sad. Not too mention all this manufactured Pop Idol crap, makes me sick! :laugh: Its either nu-metal or manufactred pop. What a bizarre paradox. I would rather have Vanilla Ice back and Mc Hammer at least for the comedic value than half of these Pop Idol nonces pissing about in the mainstream. :laugh:

Spears is very much on her way down though, about time too, sure it wont be long before she has her own chat show.

All the bands from the 80's are doing reuinion tours and making huge cash, Ozzy, Metallica, The Who, Stones, Kiss etc... They wouldnt be able to pull this off if there were good bands today

I think its more because of nostalgia than anything else. I think the Stones are an absolute embarassment now, they havent made a good album since Goats head Soup in 1973. I would have paid good money to have seen them live in the 60`s or 70`s but not now. Most of the Who are dead now. Ozzy well he is as bad as Britney Spears these days, i used to really like Sabbath but hes turned himself into nothing more than a product now with that ghastly show. Prince of Darkness, dont make me laugh Ozzy.

G

It's either that or the latest boy band that british b*tch kids still have not got bored with. You guys in the US do not know how lucky you are.

Tom i think they have as much of that naff Pop idol boy band crap as we do these days. Its a tragedy...we really need a musical revolution or something. Something to wipe all the fluff away.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
The Spice Girls were a musical abomination! Theres been a few good bands like Oasis, Travis...

How could I have forgotten Travis! But their new album? Oh dear...

I would rather have a lifetime of Britney than another second of Pop bull-fuc*ing -s*it Idol or So Solid bloody Crew, omg how bad are these "artists"!? We need a bloody new norwood scale to measure how far up their own a-holes these people have travelled!

G

How could I have forgotten Travis! But their new album? Oh dear...

I would rather have a lifetime of Britney than another second of Pop bull-fuc*ing -s*it Idol or So Solid bloody Crew, omg how bad are these "artists"!? We need a bloody new norwood scale to measure how far up their own a-holes these people have travelled!

Im so dissapointed with the new Travis album! Its crap! The Man Who was a masterpiece and it just been downhill since then, i doubt ill be buying their next album. Another thing which pisses me off about Pop Idol is ALL of those fuckers have perfect hairlines!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hairy:

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey thinking about it, remember Fran Healy (name?) the lead Singer of Travis had that stupid uk balding man's cut where you have your hair like a rooster? Now he has his hair long and it looks quite good. Only uk men would invent a cut to hide their denial. uk guys are so stupid about things like that, they chastise you for trying to do something about it just because they were too chicken sh*t to try themselves.