Being short is worse than going bald for me

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
amsch said:
worldlyman said:
I'm about 5'9". I've still got a full head of thick straight black hair, a good muscular bod due to working out consistently and a boyish face...and I'm 41. When you still get your fair share of young chicks to sophisticated ladies of different races of varying heights checking you out, I guess you're doing OK.

So, nah. I wouldn't trade my overall looks for more inches. I've always said height in and of itself is not the main difference with most women. A great many women you encounter are from 5'2-5"6 anyway...so it's not really a great requirement for a man to be 6 ft or so just to get affirmative female attention.

As with height, it's not a requirement for a man to have hair or money to get positive female attention either.
So the reason why you're on a hairloss board is... ?

Because I'm now into my 40s and am mindful and watchful of this topic.

And this height vs hair topic seemed an interesting one to proffer an opinion of sorts.

Thank you for inquiring.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Someone has too much spare time. :shakehead:

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
worldlyman said:

And this height vs hair topic seemed an interesting one to proffer an opinion of sorts.

Thank you for inquiring.

do you also hang out on cancer message boards "just in case?"

ali777

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
worldlyman said:

Thank you for inquiring.

He probably occasionally reads on v**** :jackit:

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how much you guys are worrying about your height.... Last time i measured myself i was 178cm and height never gets in the way of me chatting up some girl. lol seriously guys they don't get the measuring tape out when they meet you...

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Agreed. Why would any sane person hang out on a hairloss site if they don't actually have hairloss :dunno:

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
The guy is obviously a f*g hoping for all of us to send him pics of our willys :gay:

Jack

Reaction score
Alot of people are like that , because they want to feel better about themselves or some other flaws they have.
Haven't we all experienced those people with a full head of hair who tell you that it's not that bad and women don't care about hair?
Flaws in this case : short hobbit with a turdlike face who still looks like a wuss at 40+ :punk:

try some minoxidil on your moustache.

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Too much spare time? A guy who's, prior to this reply, only put up 4 posts in the ENTIRE forum here?

This topic about "being short is worse than going bald," it is pretty much the only thing that I wanted to throw my two cents on in this whole forum...I guess some insecure and bitter people here can't really take an honest answer from the other side of the fence without throwing insults.

There are posts here preceding mine that say guys under six feet have no shot with women, that practically all women must have a man over 6'.

I seriously beg to disagree.

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
worldlyman said:

Thank you for inquiring.

No I don't but that's a damn good idea. If there, I would offer that cardio exercise juxtaposed with omega 3 and antioxidant foods will greatly reduce the chances of sarcomas ruining people's lives.

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jack said:
Alot of people are like that , because they want to feel better about themselves or some other flaws they have.
Haven't we all experienced those people with a full head of hair who tell you that it's not that bad and women don't care about hair?
Flaws in this case : short hobbit with a turdlike face who still looks like a wuss at 40+ :punk:

try some minoxidil on your moustache.

Well, first of all, it's true. The bottom line is that LOTS of women don't care about hair on men. It's how a guy carries himself with what he's got, for the most part. Do you guys do research on this? Judging by a lot of bitterness here, I guess not.

Moving on:

The way more than a few teenybopper chicks to some very exquisite honeys seem to like prolonged eye contact with me, or sneak extended glances at me when they think I don't see their reflection on bulletin board glass...I guess it's not bad being a "short hobbit with a turdlike face" at 40+.

But I should shut up. That's something that I should enjoy personally, secretly and not brag to the world, via inter-personally or cyber means. :innocent:

If it's of any consolation to you bitter buds, my wife seriously hates my long thick mane and some of the unwanted attention it gets. And that makes me a little sad.

But I'm 40...and if most guys have midlife crisis at that time, some like me have midlife appreciation.

Take it for what it's worth. I'm enjoying life now, taking really good care of myself, but I know at 40 plus, we midlifers are cognizant of a mortality that we were not at 20.

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
I do have a lot of sympathy for short guys.

I'm also 6' and at school I am, honest to god, probably slightly below average. There are tons and tons and tons of guys who are like 6'2"-6'5" walking around. I don't understand it, or where that 5'9" as average statistic came from. Obviously there are some shorter guys, but it seems like most are either my height or above it.

I've also had girls tell me in an offhand sort of way that I am not tall, but merely average in height. :dunno:

It's just your matter of perception.

Actually for white guys it's 5'10."

http://www.halls.md/chart/men-height-w.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

I'm of Asian descent and am 5'9." There are certainly many guys, white or otherwise, shorter than I...and many guys, white or otherwise, taller. So what.

The bottom line, is that if you're 5'9" and have good solid build, boyishly handsome face with thick mane, you ain't doing too badly. Can't complain too much in life.

s.a.f

Reaction score
worldlyman said:
If it's of any consolation to you bitter buds, my wife seriously hates my long thick mane and some of the unwanted attention it gets. And that makes me a little sad.

Do us a favour, why not join an amputees forum instead and post about how great it is to have arms and legs. :jackit:

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Do us a favour, why not join an amputees forum instead and post about how great it is to have arms and legs. :jackit:

agree. this guy is starting to get reaaaaaaally annoying.

guy, chill with your "i'm 40 and loving it" garbage.

why not go focus on eating your omega 3's, cardio, and flirting with girls through bulletin board glass?

what a joke.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Worldlyman can talk all he wants about being short. I don't have a problem with that, but he has no right to talk about hairloss in his condition (let alone brag about all the female attention his hair garnishes). For all your experience at forty WM, you know nothing about what it is like to go bald and how that effects confidence and chances with women.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think he's a bit of a loser in real life and so he's come on here as its the only way he can feel superior to anyone .

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
He still hasn't explained why he has been coming on a hairloss forum without having a tiny bit of hairloss :dunno:

What a f*ckwit!