Being short is worse than going bald for me

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm 35 but people say I look mid twenties with a hat on. This is why I feel my bald head clashes with my otherwise youthful appearance. It just doesn't look right.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
damn this sucks, i was hopeing there would at least be ONE PERSON short as me on this board, especially one of this nature.

so im 5' 3" 3/4s (162 cms) and NW5 @ 22 :sobbing:

how can I be so fucked in life?

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
damn this sucks, i was hopeing there would at least be ONE PERSON short as me on this board, especially one of this nature.

so im 5' 3" 3/4s (162 cms) and NW5 @ 22 :sobbing:

how can I be so f***ed in life?

Seriously dude there are people with MS out there. And there are about 3billion people who are starving.

[attachment=1:19beez4h]chet_child.jpg[/attachment:19beez4h][attachment=0:19beez4h]A-disabled-child-and-his--003.jpg[/attachment:19beez4h]

Dont pin all your hopes on becoming someone else physicly even with unlimited money theres only a small degree of change thats acheivable. You cant change who/what you really are.

Attachments

• chet_child.jpg
    chet_child.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 567
  • A-disabled-child-and-his--003.jpg
    A-disabled-child-and-his--003.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 565

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah this isn't the "deformed" or "homeless" forum, i know there are 6 foot tall NW1 homeless people, or guys who are blinded at 18 or been in a fire and their face looks like sh*t.

but that doesn't stop losing ones hair to being an extremely traumatic expereince that leads to severe depression and social exclusion that has literally destroyed lives (such as dudemon etc.), or men that turn out to be 5 2 attempting suicide just becuase of their height.

also we can change who we are , millions of men are fixing baldness, it's a multi billion dollar industry, if it wasn't for the hairloss industry there would be 10x more bald people about than their actually are today, also Leg lenthening can actually fix certain forms of dwarfism to make certain dwarfs normal sized, and recently it has been used to give normal men (or women) more height.

but what i meant to say was I think in the context of this forum only, i am most fucked in life with regards to genetic traits considered "standard" in males within adult life years (21 - 40) that being hair and height.

I'd say with those two variables that are outwith someones control, THE WORST statisical thing that could happen to a caucasian white man is NW5 @ 21 and being 5' 2" (I cant imagine a cacasian man being less than 5 2, i personally have never seen this). I am NW5 @ 22 5 4.

I know patric stewart lost it at 21 (ok it was earlier like 19 but same idea) but he was 5 10 and suited it.

i think when men have complete hairloss they need to take into account height, because if not it will completely shatter your life to pieces....i completely ignored my height and didn't see it as an issue (didn't wear lifts until 24), what a fool i was :shakehead:

when i leave house now i wouldn't be caught dead without my 2 inch lifts and hair system.

i go into town sometimes and I try to find an adult man as genetically screwed as i am ( 5 4, bald and not suiting it, also with glasses to as i was), I honestly never see it, I know some people do the whole Norwood spotting thing, but for me its worse becuase im doing a Norwood and height combination spotting thing, I don't even take into account Norwood people that are > 5 8, they simply are not in the same boat as me.

i am sorry to babble on, i just feel like i have failed as a man mainly on my height, it's like i had no right of passage and that failure was outwith my control and not my fault, its like in the space of three years (19 - 22) i just turned to sh*t and barely realised.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
I would much rather be short and have a nice full head of hair. Hell, I wouldn't care if I was a whole foot shorter. I'm 6 ft and I wouldn't care at all being 5 ft even.

In fact shorter guys have it much easier in the gym as far as building muscle and looking buffed. Tall and lanky guys have to put on MUCH more muscle to look as buffed as short guys.

This is the most ridiculous comment in this topic. I can assure you that if you were 5 ft you would be spending your whole day on height forums. Anything under 5'7" for a man is a huge hinderance. Being 5' is a disaster.

Another this is you are not right about building up muscles. While taller guys need more muscle they also have more cells so the muscle gain rate is the same and it goes down mostly to genetic predispositions not hieght.

And even if you were right(which you are not) mucle on a 5' frame looks grotesque and it would help in the dating department as you would still be invisible to women because of your height.

I'd rather be fully bald than 5' in height.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
if it wasn't for the hairloss industry there would be 10x more bald people about than their actually are today,
10X??? I highly doubt that. In my experience about 90+% of guys dont even bother with treatments, not that there are even any fullproof cures out there. There are just a few million men on finasteride worldwide and bearin mind that there are probably over a Billion men on earth who could be using it. Its only in the last decade that theres really been any effective treatments anyway.

HPM said:
i go into town sometimes and I try to find an adult man as genetically screwed as i am ( 5 4, bald and not suiting it, also with glasses to as i was), I honestly never see it,

Yeah and there are plenty of guys 6'+ with NW1's who are just plain ugly as f*** in the end just being plain ugly is worse than being short or bald.

HPM said:
i am sorry to babble on, i just feel like i have failed as a man mainly on my height, it's like i had no right of passage and that failure was outwith my control and not my fault, its like in the space of three years (19 - 22) i just turned to sh*t and barely realised.

I understand how you feel but you have not failed at anything I can look at the best guys out there and realise that my life will never be the same as theirs but you've still got to get on with it.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know a balding guy, who is 5 ft 4, pot belly, and getting married this year and very happy.

What is the point of looking attractive to hundreds of people when all you need is 1. Find 1 person who finds you attractive and live life.

There is someone out there who will like you, and eventually everyone gets ugly.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
LooseItAll said:
dudemon said:
I would much rather be short and have a nice full head of hair. Hell, I wouldn't care if I was a whole foot shorter. I'm 6 ft and I wouldn't care at all being 5 ft even.

In fact shorter guys have it much easier in the gym as far as building muscle and looking buffed. Tall and lanky guys have to put on MUCH more muscle to look as buffed as short guys.

This is the most ridiculous comment in this topic. I can assure you that if you were 5 ft you would be spending your whole day on height forums. Anything under 5'7" for a man is a huge hinderance. Being 5' is a disaster.

Another this is you are not right about building up muscles. While taller guys need more muscle they also have more cells so the muscle gain rate is the same and it goes down mostly to genetic predispositions not hieght.

And even if you were right(which you are not) mucle on a 5' frame looks grotesque and it would help in the dating department as you would still be invisible to women because of your height.

I'd rather be fully bald than 5' in height.

I agree that is a stupid post!

I'm bang on 6ft and obviously have no hang ups about my height. As I prefer my anonymity more than the next man I guess losing a couple of inches in height from 6ft would be ok in my case as I feel I would blend in more but that's by the by.

One of my best friends is very short, about 5ft 2 and it destroys him. Everyone knows it, he cannot hide the fact. Despite being an intellectually gifted, morally grounded individual he works at a deli counter earning minimum wage. This is definately due to his inferiority complex. Sadly in the last 3 years he has gone from a norwood 2 to a 5 as well. I feel for him.

Not having experienced shortness I don't know but I feel that extreme shortness for a man ie below 5ft 5 has got to me more mentally debilitating than going bald.

tbh i never noticed my 5 4 shortness until i measured when i was 24, i used to think people who were 5 7 were average height and people 5 9 were tall, and that i was just "short", now i realise that i was "VERY short" and people 5 7 were "short" and 5 9 was average, in fact if you asked me when i was 23 how tall I was or what the average male height was i wouldn't know.

anyway, is your friend caucasian or is he indian/asian? i have never seen a caucasian 5 2 man before, please tell him to go to tallmanshoes and get a 2.8 inch casual shoe lift, that will bring him to 5 5, which is at least social normality.

I can't believe he is a Norwood 5 as well, is he shaving clean bald or growing horshoe, and may i ask his age? i think he needs to get a hair system they look perfect now, just watch any movie with shawn connery or any tv appearance with william shatner, looks like someone here is in a worse boat than me (like your friend), please advise him to do these things I know it is hard but he must push through the social barriers so he can be a normal person, 5' 5" (in comfy 3" shoe) with hair, maybe even with just one LL surgery that would be 5 8 with hair and now he has ZERO problems.

anyway, i hope he finds peace within himself with whatever he does!

yeah dudemon im sorry to say but you don't know much about height, you probably have never even seen a 5' man, if you lived that for one day it would't matter if you had the hair and face of brad pitt your life would literally be a distaster (provided u weren't in lifts ofc, that is an easy fix to bring u up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3YR1ZTonc

Ask any woman: Men who are 5-foot-9 -- that's average -- or taller clearly have it over their more compact counter parts. 20/20 concocted a test to illustrate an indisputable rule of love: height matters

have a look at this link, you would be "stu" at 5 feet, GIRLS WONT TOUCH YOU AT 5 FOOT TALL, EVEN IF YOU ARE A MILLIONAIRE, THEY LAUGH AT YOU, and everyman will treat you like sh*t...NO FRIENDS, SOCIAL RIDICUAL...everyman and women will feel sorry for you even if you have best car/job/face/hair/body/millions of money.

HEIGHT FOR A MAN IS IMPORTANT!

s.a.f

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
I know a balding guy, who is 5 ft 4, pot belly, and getting married this year and very happy.

What is the point of looking attractive to hundreds of people when all you need is 1. Find 1 person who finds you attractive and live life.

Yeah but the less attractive you are the harder it is. Does a guy with no experience/qualifications trying to compete in the job market against 100's of guys who do.

Optimus prime said:
There is someone out there who will like you, and eventually everyone gets ugly.

Someone for everyone? :roll: Not everyone gets ugly they get just older.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
anyway, is your friend caucasian or is he indian/asian? i have never seen a caucasian 5 2 man before, please tell him to go to tallmanshoes and get a 2.8 inch casual shoe lift, that will bring him to 5 5, which is at least social normality.

I can't believe he is a Norwood 5 as well, is he shaving clean bald or growing horshoe, and may i ask his age? i think he needs to get a hair system they look perfect now, just watch any movie with shawn connery or any tv appearance with william shatner, looks like someone here is in a worse boat than me (like your friend), please advise him to do these things I know it is hard but he must push through the social barriers so he can be a normal person, 5' 5" (in comfy 3" shoe) with hair, maybe even with just one LL surgery that would be 5 8 with hair and now he has ZERO problems.

anyway, i hope he finds peace within himself with whatever he does!
!

Way to give the guy a f**king complex!! And FWIW Connery and Shatners hairpieces look bad on tv and probably even more ridiculous in real life.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well im just surpised his friend isn't wearing lifts, it seems odd he would wander around 5 2 like that, he should really be wearing lifts, and look into LL, i dont see this as giving someone a complex, these are solutions most short men take ( at least in the elavator shoes)

you really think the wigs those two movie stars wear look "ridiculous", millions of people have seen movies on huge screens with men wearing wigs, it certainly worked for all those viewers with zoomed in close shots, but to you it's "ridiculous"?...hair systems ARE 100% undetectable by sight and by touch, they all look perfect, in fact no one can tell if its a wig, the only reason people can tell is if they have been balding in the past and they all of a sudden have hair, or they are caught without the wig.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
well im just surpised his friend isn't wearing lifts, it seems odd he would wander around 5 2 like that, he should really be wearing lifts, and look into LL, i dont see this as giving someone a complex, these are solutions most short men take ( at least in the elavator shoes)

you really think the wigs those two movie stars wear look "ridiculous", millions of people have seen movies on huge screens with men wearing wigs, it certainly worked for all those viewers with zoomed in close shots, but to you it's "ridiculous"?...hair systems ARE 100% undetectable by sight and by touch, they all look perfect, in fact no one can tell if its a wig, the only reason people can tell is if they have been balding in the past and they all of a sudden have hair, or they are caught without the wig.

Now you're just embarrasing yourself! :shock:

Think about it people watching actors (playing characters) in movies is not the same as ordinary people in real life.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Optimus prime":2mq7jfql]There is someone out there who will like you, and eventually everyone gets ugly.

Someone for everyone? :roll: Not everyone gets ugly they get just older.[/quote:2mq7jfql]

OK, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I am sure a 70 year old man will find his 70 year old wife beautiful.

However, if you met a 25 year old man who looked like a 70 year old man, what would you call him? Handsome?

The fact is, what makes a human attractive disappears as you get older and looks fade. You can nit-pick at my words, but that is reality.

s.a.f

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
OK, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I am sure a 70 year old man will find his 70 year old wife beautiful.

However, if you met a 25 year old man who looked like a 70 year old man, what would you call him? Handsome?

The fact is, what makes a human attractive disappears as you get older and looks fade. You can nit-pick at my words, but that is reality.

A 25 yr old man who looked 70 would truely be a freak I dont believe there are any examples out there, but my point is yes youth fades but people who are attractive whilst young are usually attractive their whole lives. Look at guys like Robert Redford, Michael Douglas, Warren Beatty (or to a lesser extent The Pitts, Cruises and Clooneys of this world who are rapidly approaching their 50's).
They're old guys but still considered handsome maybe they cant get such young women nowadays but they probably dont really want them after a lifetime of banging hot chicks they're happy to have attractive older wives. This is something the ugly will not have the priveledge of experiencing.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
I do not wish to debate the detectability of hair systems, i dont see the logic in seeing in movies a wig vs IRL seeing a man in wig, if anything its harder in movies due to zooming in, it's hair on a see through material, its not complex to replicate at all.

anyway all bald guys want to hate on what other bald guys do, NW3s and slybaldguys think hair systems are obvious, hair system wearers think there perfect and every heavy receeding man @ NW3 or bald man is being retarded.

most male physical attractiveness is in height,hair and face, if you have a perfect hair and have height you remain attractive, so if your 6 foot tall and have good hair, average face and 37, you are more attractive than 20 year old balding man @ 5 6.

look at that worldyman person, isnt he like 40 or something, looks great, we don't need to worry about age like women do, men need to worry - in general- about keeping hair and of reaching respectable height.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
A 25 yr old man who looked 70 would truely be a freak I dont believe there are any examples out there, but my point is yes youth fades but people who are attractive whilst young are usually attractive their whole lives. Look at guys like Robert Redford, Michael Douglas, Warren Beatty (or to a lesser extent The Pitts, Cruises and Clooneys of this world who are rapidly approaching their 50's).
They're old guys but still considered handsome maybe they cant get such young women nowadays but they probably dont really want them after a lifetime of banging hot chicks they're happy to have attractive older wives. This is something the ugly will not have the priveledge of experiencing.

You have picked out famous people who have cosmetic surgery, hair pieces, transplants, concealers, etc. Also, Michael Douglas looks freaky (Before he had cancer), his skin looks like it is pinned back.

A perfect example is Clint Eastwood. He was an incredibly handsome young man, with a great build and hair. Now he is a regular old man. If he was not famous and you saw him on a bus you would not give him a second glance.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Not really, I think if Redford, Douglas and Beatty had just had normal jobs I think they would have still got some very good looking women. And Clint is about 80 these days I'd say he looks much better than the average guy his age and as with the others he'd have been able to attract decent women during his life. These people are geneticly blessed they may be old now but they've enjoyed looks above what normal people have had.

As for women I'd say the likes of J-Lo, Elle Mcpherson, Sharon Stone, Halle Berry and Liz Hurley who are all in their 40's and 50's are still hotter than the average 20 yr old will ever be.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
and as with the others he'd have been able to attract decent women during his life.

You honestly think Michael Douglas could have got Zeta Jones if he was not a huge Hollywood actor worth millions of pounds. Women dig successful confident people.

s.a.f

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
[quote="s.a.f":1tluinuw]and as with the others he'd have been able to attract decent women during his life.

You honestly think Michael Douglas could have got Zeta Jones if he was not a huge Hollywood actor worth millions of pounds. Women dig successful confident people.[/quote:1tluinuw]

Yeah if Zeta Jones was also just working in a normal job he could have had a chance. Lets face it she could have got a young celebrity guy worth millions if she had wanted to.