Being short is worse than going bald for me

s.a.f

Reaction score
Plenty of goodlooking older guys get much younger women.

[attachment=0:1khgiiyo]9th%2BAnnual%2BMichael%2BDouglas%2BFriends%2BCelebrity%2BAqksL-_XAnMl.jpg[/attachment:1khgiiyo]

You think this couple looks that out of place? I would'nt think anything unusual if I saw this man and woman together.

Attachments

• 9th%2BAnnual%2BMichael%2BDouglas%2BFriends%2BCelebrity%2BAqksL-_XAnMl.jpg
    9th%2BAnnual%2BMichael%2BDouglas%2BFriends%2BCelebrity%2BAqksL-_XAnMl.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 183

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Like I already said, half of Michael Douglas is fake. You think his hair is natural? his face is natural? etc. These people spend huge amounts of time and money keeping up their appearance when most regular people have given up.

You surprise me SAF, for the past few years you have been the first to say how comparing regular balding people to famous balding people is pointless, and how prince William is able to get hot girls because he is a famous Royal etc.

I don't doubt an older man can get a younger woman. However it is very rare with that age gap and her looks. Next you will be using Hugh Hefner as an example for us.

s.a.f

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Like I already said, half of Michael Douglas is fake. You think his hair is natural? his face is natural? etc. These people spend huge amounts of time and money keeping up their appearance when most regular people have given up.

You surprise me SAF, for the past few years you have been the first to say how comparing regular balding people to famous balding people is pointless, and how prince William is able to get hot girls because he is a famous Royal etc.

I don't doubt an older man can get a younger woman. However it is very rare with that age gap and her looks. Next you will be using Hugh Hefner as an example for us.

As far as I'm aware all douglas has had is a face lift and that was during his 50's AFTER he had already married her. You think he's wearing a wig? He's allways had the best hair possible right up until recently so I've no reason to suspect that he's wearing anything.
And as for Zeta Jones she's hardly a 21 yr old hottie she's in her 40's now. Like I said before its not like she's just a bimbo she had her own career and dated plenty of younger celebs before she met him. I dont know how you rate Douglas but I dont see him as a typical middle aged guy (no :gay:)

Look at Pitt and Cruise if they can have young women swooning over them in their mid-late 40's and still compete against 20 something actors for leading roles then surely they'd be able to land goodlooking women in the real world.
Prince William does not have movie star looks neither does Hefner but these guys (Redford, Beatty, Pitt, Cruise, Douglas, Clooney ...) do. If they did'nt they wouldnt have got work past the age of 30. And its no real suprise that all these guys have absolutley awesome hair genetics. Do you think that if they were'nt famous they'd look just like your dad or the average 50 yr old?
I see people like them all the time(ie people who remain goodlooking into middle age) Sure they only make up a tiny % of the population but thats just what these people are the only difference is they used their looks to get famous.

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
My ex (sort of ex) gf is 5'9"-5'"10, and I'm 6'0. She's got a thing about height, she even teases me that she's tall and I'm not. I keep reminding her that I'm "above" the average too...

Most of my shorter friends never had any problems with getting girls. However, my guess is 90% of the woman wouldn't date a shorter guy, and maybe 50% of them wouldn't date a guy who is the same height.

But then again, the average woman is 5'5-5'6, so most of them are shorter than us anyway. So, for shorter guys finding a partner is not a problem.

I had a long term relationship with a short girl, and since we split up, I have a thing about short girls too. I dont think I can ever date a short girl again. She's got to be at least 5'7.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ha ha yeah I'm 5'9" and attracted to girls near enough my height not small women, I have 2 short sisters so I guess that explains it. I also like girls with really good hair (cant think why) :whistle:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Ha ha yeah I'm 5'9" and attracted to girls near enough my height not small women, I have 2 short sisters so I guess that explains it. I also like girls with really good hair (cant think why) :whistle:

Sorry dude,

there is no gentle way of breaking it. You have a much higher chance with a girl shorter than you.

Apparently, someone did a study on the subject of height and attraction. The average woman prefers her "ideal" man to be 10% taller than she is. So, you are an ideal match for a 5'3 female, not that she's your ideal match. I guess most men would prefer their ideal match to be no more than 5% shorter than he is.

In the real world, the law of the averages would state that we are likely to be with a partner who is 7-8% shorter than us. There is no endless supply of perfect matches for the neither gender.

johnbbbb

Reaction score
I'm short (5'7") and balding (NW2.5) and neither is helpful when it comes to impressing the ladies. With the hair, at least I can conceal the receded temples pretty good as long as I comb my hair forward.

But what can I do about my height? Not much short (no pun intended) of wearing lifts.

I used to obsess over how much it sucks to be short, but then I realized it's just the way things are and it isn't the end of the world.

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
The "ideal" option is to be in the middle of all characteristics: height, weight, lengths etc. And the only thing I can recommend to you is to get used to yourself. I had the same problem but from another side - I am too tall and this fact had a huge influence on my life. But it's been like 5 years since I finally got used to it. I still get all those jokes and "reminders" about my height but I take it easy, my "magic armor" around me is strong for this, lol.
Possibly the same will happen with baldness. When or if I go bald, it will be no big deal after some 5-10 years, when my perception of myself and image will change...

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
how tall are you?

s.a.f

Reaction score
virtuality said:
s.a.f said:

Sorry dude,

there is no gentle way of breaking it. You have a much higher chance with a girl shorter than you.

Well duh,
But the question is how much shorter I'm saying that I'd prefer someone in the 5'6" region rather than the 5'1" region.
But I've been with a 5'7" who was taller than me in heels.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
jijijijiji said:
HairPieceMan said:
how tall are you?

I can sense you getting ready to kick this guy in the nuts if he says 6'0-6'6 :woot:

It would be well justified...well justified. Heck, I want to punch him in the nuts myself :woot:

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah i mean how tall does he think too tall is?

im interested to know

*gets ready to kick in buts*

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
6'4" < 5'8" ?

You are insane. Objectively there is 0 reason for a man to be upset being 6'4" unless it comes with back problems.

Anything over 6'5" yeah that would kinda suck.

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:

im interested to know

I am 194 cm. It's tall enough to be out of the circle of common people. Add here my certain hobbies, interests and worldview and you will get a classic hermit. It doesn't bother me anyway because I don't feel any need in many friends or communication... But as well as my baldness now, height bothered me a while back then starting from like 16 years old. Later this anxiety was gone...
Actually I noticed that tall people are being mocked at more often than shorties but I know that they are worried to the same extent about being small nevertheless.

cantholdmedown

Established Member
Reaction score
Michael84 said:
HairPieceMan said:

im interested to know

I am 194 cm. It's tall enough to be out of the circle of common people. Add here my certain hobbies, interests and worldview and you will get a classic hermit. It doesn't bother me anyway because I don't feel any need in many friends or communication... But as well as my baldness now, height bothered me a while back then starting from like 16 years old. Later this anxiety was gone...
Actually I noticed that tall people are being mocked at more often than shorties but I know that they are worried to the same extent about being small nevertheless.

I respect how you feel but,

6'2 = God mode height. 2 inches either way of that is fine. I think you just have anxiety that you project onto your height, and sticking out. Sticking out height wise in the 6'2-6'4" range is a GOOD thing ( I hate to say this cuz it will just encourage hpm but it's true).

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know, man... I wouldn't like to be as tall as 6'2" or something. People who are that tall are usually motorically very clumsy. 6'0" or something would be ideal for me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
It all depends how you're built with it Peter Crouch and Peter Jones are both 6'7". Jones looks fine with it but Crouch looks like a stick insect.

[attachment=1:lrj3uyx6]Peter+Jones+Leaving+Ivy+Club+2DBIquflMj1l.jpg[/attachment:lrj3uyx6]

[attachment=0:lrj3uyx6]Peter+Crouch+Abbey+Clancy+Leaving+Zuma+Restaurant+2OaitsfRbh9l.jpg[/attachment:lrj3uyx6]

Vince Vaughn is 6'5"

Matthew Modine, Clint Eastwood, Liam Neeson, Tom Selleck, Tim Robins and Christopher Reeve are all 6'4" but dont look weird with it.

Attachments

• Peter+Jones+Leaving+Ivy+Club+2DBIquflMj1l.jpg
    Peter+Jones+Leaving+Ivy+Club+2DBIquflMj1l.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Peter+Crouch+Abbey+Clancy+Leaving+Zuma+Restaurant+2OaitsfRbh9l.jpg
    Peter+Crouch+Abbey+Clancy+Leaving+Zuma+Restaurant+2OaitsfRbh9l.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 171

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about looking weird, I'm talking about being clumsy. Every really tall person I know is very clumsy and since I love sports it's very important for me to not be like that...

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
how can someone be scared of 6 2, your like 2 inches above the ideal height.

honestly some people have wierd thoughts on height, if you said 6 7 or above then fair enough, otherwise this is strange!

i mean im 5 4.5, it is perfectly normal for me to be upset and possibly a hermit with this height (although i will not be), but yeah 6 2 lol

If you go on shortsuppport. org they have a graph of womens height prefferences from 4'10 to 6' taken from the Netscape/AOL Personals site.

5'8 - 44%
5'9 - 58%
5'10 - 79%
5'11 - 89%
6'0 - 96%
6'1 - 82%
6'2 - 80%
6'3 - 67%
6'4 - 54%

so yeah you have nothing to worry about