Being short is worse than going bald for me

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
i think that if he's simply interested in the subject, then yes, he should be allowed to visit and read up on it. what i don't understand is why he needs to make it well-known that he isn't balding (with pic included). not that i think he harbors any ill-will. i just think it's a very uncouth move.

hazen

Reaction score
there are people who are in even worse situation then you....you are at very good level...so dont worry you look attractive...take what god has given you....

question7

Reaction score
Haha, pretty much the bane of my existence. 5'8 at 19 is well enough below average, plus I'm going bald. It sucks, I wish I had some decent genes that weren't being selected against.

To all you shorter then average balding guys you have my sympathy.

question7

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I would much rather be short and have a nice full head of hair. Hell, I wouldn't care if I was a whole foot shorter. I'm 6 ft and I wouldn't care at all being 5 ft even.

In fact shorter guys have it much easier in the gym as far as building muscle and looking buffed. Tall and lanky guys have to put on MUCH more muscle to look as buffed as short guys.

Are you sure this is something you can really say. Being a 5ft tall male would suck. Think about how many non balding men say it wouldn't bother them if they starting going bald, and how many bald men can't stand going bald.

Instead, you should be thinking "well I may be loosing my hair but at least I'm not short".

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
While both probably equally inferior to "normal" human being , there's a certain stigma attached with going bald, that short guys do not have to suffer from....people minds; going bald = going old (or losing your hair = losing your youth), while being short has nothing to do with your "perceived biological age".. so to speak.

barcafan

Reaction score
Smooth said:
While both probably equally inferior to "normal" human being , there's a certain stigma attached with going bald, that short guys do not have to suffer from....people minds; going bald = going old (or losing your hair = losing your youth), while being short has nothing to do with your "perceived biological age".. so to speak.

yeah, except in peoples eyes it makes you less of a man.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
To say that isn't as crushing as any bald comment if not worse is just moronic on your part. I finally reached 5'7 1/2 but trust me I still feel tiny as hell. Rant Over. :)

How tall are your parents? Mine are only 5'7" and 5'4" so I was actually somewhat relieved to get to 5'8 1/2 on the dot.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
worldlyman said:
I'm about 5'9". I've still got a full head of thick straight black hair, a good muscular bod due to working out consistently and a boyish face...and I'm 41.

Judging by your double chin, I doubt you a have a "good muscular bod".

worldlyman

My Regimen
Reaction score
BoilerRoom said:
worldlyman said:
I'm about 5'9". I've still got a full head of thick straight black hair, a good muscular bod due to working out consistently and a boyish face...and I'm 41.

Judging by your double chin, I doubt you a have a "good muscular bod".

632_original.jpg

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/up ... iginal.jpg

Yeah, I'm a real fatso. Not to be harsh on anybody here...but I'm not someone who crosses out my face or hides behind avatars on ANY forum (except political ones). I'm certainly not ashamed of my 41 year old looks. And you've not seen my actual physique but I am CERTAINLY NOT going to share that particular pic on a forum populated by guys.

End_Game

Reaction score
lol@that short men don't suffer from a stigma. In most countries, at least in the West, height is valued in men, esp from a woman's point of view. According to most survey's i've seen, height is a bigger issue than hair.

Unfortunately for me i have both 'problems'.

s.a.f

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I've looked at a lot of ads on craigslist, and I've definately noticed a trend that asian women are always listing "must be tall" in their description of the man they are seeking. I guess that's because with a some exceptions, most asian men are on the short side.

Damn I guess Tom Cruise's luck is out then?
Thats like a guy saying must be blonde with big tits. There are plenty of 300lb blonde women and they have big tits.

Ps Worldy man is the asian CCS he thinks that just because he's got a full head of hair he can pass for 20's. :laugh:

MrCurly

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Ps Worldy man is the asian CCS

:agree: Yup, his beard isn't the 'classic shape'

cuebald

Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wonder if he minoxes his eyebrows :laugh:

What are you doing here WorldlyMan? You're a Norwood 1

s.a.f

Reaction score
cuebald said:
What are you doing here WorldlyMan? You're a Norwood 1

Making himself feel good.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
dudemon said:
I've looked at a lot of ads on craigslist, and I've definately noticed a trend that asian women are always listing "must be tall" in their description of the man they are seeking. I guess that's because with a some exceptions, most asian men are on the short side.

Damn I guess Tom Cruise's luck is out then?
Thats like a guy saying must be blonde with big tits. There are plenty of 300lb blonde women and they have big tits.

Ps Worldy man is the asian CCS he thinks that just because he's got a full head of hair he can pass for 20's. :laugh:

Well said SAF. For years i use to think that all short guys can't get girls and only tall guys can. Like bald guys I see many short guys with nice women and like baldness you shouldn't assume that you can get a girl. For ages i use to think that my chances of scoring was slim because of having both hairloss and short stature but i realised that its not the case.

BTW there are many tall guys with full heads of hair who have ugly faces and if someone told me to swap their hair and height with my face i would say hell no :)

WhatYouEgg

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:

.. yet we live in a society where there's a large subset of women who like hooking up with older, albeit wealthy, men, all of which have an older 'perceived biological age'.

how is this a stigma? is this forum just a reflection of america's youth obsessed society?

balding can look 'distinguished', 'mature', 'elegant', depending how you wear it. baldness doesn't automatically conjure up images of old men that can't stop shitting their pants.

whereas I'm having a hard time coming up with similar positive adjectives for 'short'.

s.a.f

Reaction score
WhatYouEgg said:
yet we live in a society where there's a large subset of women who like hooking up with older, albeit wealthy, men, all of which have an older 'perceived biological age'.

Yeah golddiggers but even still their preference would be to a young handsome wealthy mind its just that wealthy men tend to take time to aqyire their money.

whatYou Egg said:
balding can look 'distinguished', 'mature', 'elegant', depending how you wear it.

On a 60+ yr old but I cant see many bald 20 somethings who pull off the 'distinguished, elegant' look. A guy without hair may not look like a geriatric but he'll still look like he's past his physical prime.