Being short is worse than going bald for me

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's true though, I think 5ft 11-6ft 1 is the ideal height range for women.... unless the girl is like Venus or Serena, much taller than that and things start to become impractical.

Still gotta admit, purely from a sporting point of view, I would have like to be 6,0 instead of 5,8, I was a mean goalkeeper at football and could have gone onto big things, but I only grew one inch after I turned 15. :jackit: F*ck it! I just play rugby now instead :firing:

I've got some really tall cousins, some of them 6,4, 6,5, but funnily enough it's the ones in that 5,11 6,0 range who seem to get most of the lady-action!

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah, people don't realise that the perfect height for dating is actually a high medium/low tall say 5 11.5 or something.

i mean at that height your 7 inches above the female average and most women cite a 2-5 inches taller than them type tallness differencial

so at 6 ft you are great for tall, average and short girs.

maximum selection!

also i remember someone saying that if someone does LL to go from 6 1 - 6 3 it will be a mild improvement, that is clearly not so.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
I would love to be 6'5-6'7". Life is not all about dating.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
jijijijiji said:
6'4" < 5'8" ?

You are insane. Objectively there is 0 reason for a man to be upset being 6'4" unless it comes with back problems.

Anything over 6'5" yeah that would kinda suck.

+1.
6'4" is an awesome height. Why do some of you guys want to blend in?
I want to be big, I want to be mean.

Yes, being tall requires some maintanence. You need to go to the gym to develop coordination and muscles. But after that, you can glare down at the puny humans and growl "Fear me!!"

At least I imagine.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
jijijijiji said:
6'4" < 5'8" ?

You are insane. Objectively there is 0 reason for a man to be upset being 6'4" unless it comes with back problems.

+1.

Yes, being tall requires some maintanence. You need to go to the gym to develop coordination and muscles. But after that, you can glare down at the puny humans and growl "Fear me!!"

At least I imagine.

But think of what a 6'4" woman has to go through with dating. She scares off most men with her height.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
But think of what a 6'4" woman has to go through with dating. She scares off most men with her height.

We're talking about men here.

gunmaster

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
CaptainForehead said:
jijijijiji said:
6'4" < 5'8" ?

+1.

At least I imagine.

Send her my way

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I can't believe this thread is still running... Obsidian started it so long ago. He is short but has a full head of hair. Another case of the grass is greener, I could just have easily started the Being bald is worse than being short thread... because I could honestly say that I would sacrifice my height for a full head of hair. But then I'd be just as guilty as Obi.
We just take what we have for granted and fixate on what we lack.... it's understandable since we perceive that the positive attributes we posses we will keep, so we feel it's under control and leaves us to focus on our shortcomings in hopes of improving those. Again, another natural tendency.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I can't believe this thread is still running... Obsidian started it so long ago. He is short but has a full head of hair. Another case of the grass is greener, I could just have easily started the Being bald is worse than being short thread... because I could honestly say that I would sacrifice my height for a full head of hair. But then I'd be just as guilty as Obi.
We just take what we have for granted and fixate on what we lack.... it's understandable since we perceive that the positive attributes we posses we will keep, so we feel it's under control and leaves us to focus on our shortcomings in hopes of improving those. Again, another natural tendency.

Well I am not short but balding and I will say that being short is way worse than being balding/bald. Mainly becasue short stature is a femine trait while balding is a very masculine one.

A balding guy may be less attractive but he will not be perceived as less of a man, while that is exactly what would happen in case of being "vertically challenged".

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah exactly and I have both.

but of course if i fix those things id be insecure or something, best not doing anything, there is no problem.

+ obsidian isn't even bald, like AT ALL, and hes 3 inches taller than me LOL.

i really think half the people here are paranoid whacks who aret even seen as balding and claiming there hairloss is seen by everyone, followed by the guys who claim there "short" at 5 8 or something.

some people here are crazy, but others are actually truly suffering such as myself and some others, i wish we had like a picture of each persons head followed by what age they are in the signature, and that way we can have an actual balding peoples forum where the people are proper balding.

im just fed up of these late 20s 6 ft tall/NW2.25 guys who are barely seen as balding by their peers giving people advice on hair/height saying it doesnt matter and stop being insecure.

it sickens me.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
im just fed up of these late 20s 6 ft tall/NW2.25 guys who are barely seen as balding by their peers giving people advice on hair/height saying it doesnt matter and stop being insecure.

it sickens me.

+1

And Uncomfortableman, I would not sacrifice my height for hair.
And I started balding at 12 and was NW5 at 22.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
im glad some people agree with me.

its like a guy with a home saying to a homeless guy that heating and electricity and a warm bed aren't all its cracked up to be!

its the same as saying "being bald in eary 20s and looking like lord vertemon isn't all that bad...man up bro"

or "nothing wrong with being 5' 4" man, perfect height to work around, know plenty of dudes 5' 4" they are seen as the bees knees"

especially if you have BOTH.

oh please, sometimes things just get so f*****g bad it's almost laughable to think it can be overcome with this confidence thing.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
and i also dont like the whole insecure argument.

id rather be insecure and be 5 8.5 and look normal with hair

than me an overly super confident 5 4.5 and looking like this

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Riddle

i rest my case!

also wont girls wonder why im soo confident looking like that, i mean it's kindof a bit stupid if you ask me, more like a lack of social inteligence IMO

p.s. ok obviously me and satch dont look THAT bad, but in context of bar scene its pretty close to looking like that!

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
I'm not talking about looking weird, I'm talking about being clumsy. Every really tall person I know is very clumsy and since I love sports it's very important for me to not be like that...

I actually agree that 5'7-6' is the best height for sports. I know professional athletes these days are mostly over 6' but in the world of the amateur sports the average guy is much more athletic than the taller guy.

Most of the tall guys I know don't even play any sports at all.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
id rather be insecure and be 5 8.5 and look normal with hair

than me an overly super confident 5 4.5 and looking like this

This doesn't make any sense. It wouldn't matter if you were taller with normal hair.. you'd be insecure.. thus the whole thing would be rendered irrelevant. The confident guy has less, but is doing more..

I'd definitely prefer the latter.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
yeah uerka is totally dillusional.

there are hundreds of cases of men that have gone to meet women with shoes that make them 2 inches taller, they say the height gain gives them a little more confidence but they say that JUST BASED PURELY ON THE BOOST OF PHYSICAL ATTRACTIVENESS the females liked them better JUST BECAUSE they were taller, not because of this "hidden confidence" that height has.

and hair can be a similar thing, depending on how you look with and without hair, hair, unlike height is iffy, example brad pitt who looks bad without hair and great with hair, joe satraini who looks terrible bald but great with hair, im VERY sure that women would MUCH prefer them (those two examples) to have hair completely outside this whole "confidence" thing.

+ i hate how people keep acting liek being bald for men is liek being FAT for women, and they claim just to have confidence instead.

well why not have both, i dont see how like wearing a wig would make things bad, like just becuase your no officailly insecure you are lowering your confidence or something?

that makes no sense, its like if i was on holiday in india here id be - in perspective - taller, it just makes me more attractive, in general, same with hair, it just makes you look beter, A LOT better in some cases (pitt, satch, michael stipe from REM - holy sh*t that guy needs hair STAT lol)

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
He's right, it's just harder for you to understand.

The premise was height+Hair and still being insecure vs being short bald and confident. I didn't misunderstand, in those circumstances I'd prefer the bald/short life.

there are hundreds of cases of men that have gone to meet women with shoes that make them 2 inches taller, they say the height gain gives them a little more confidence but they say that JUST BASED PURELY ON THE BOOST OF PHYSICAL ATTRACTIVENESS the females liked them better JUST BECAUSE they were taller, not because of this "hidden confidence" that height has.

You can't meet the same person for the first time twice.

Most women do not care if you are 3 inches or 5 inches taller, in practice they just want taller, it's biological. Fortunately women come just like men, in various sizes.

LL may indeed solve confidence issues. However since men of various heights seem to gain confidence from it, once can surmise it's a pointless surgery with perspective. Else the gentlemen who starts out at 5'1 would not be happier at 5'4 since 5'4 is still short, nor would the 5'4 be happy at the gained height of 5'7 since there are men who are 5'8 getting LL to become 5'10. Indeed some even start out at 5'10 but wish to be tall, their excuses are most endearing.

It seems cheaper and less painful to merely pretend I had the surgery, rather than forcefully argue with my genetics over the length of my thumb.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i like your "zen" approach to male height and it's importantace, or lack thereof as you seem to think it is.

but at the end of the day the male taller norm is cardinal rule in dating, and has been since human evolution, fact is that sceintific research prooves you wrong and shows that 99% of couples the man is taller than the women, therefore it would make sense for a man to want to be taller.

but it's nice you have this opinion, i can only assume your at least 5 8 of course, that would make sense, if you were 5 3 i'd be suprpised if you had and truly did believe it wasnt of importance and that you would prefer to be 5 3 and have 200% confidence than be 5 8 and have 50% confidence and be "insecure" because you got some sugery to make you 5 8.

note there was a guy on the MMT forum that went form 5 2- 5 7 with LL sugery. he was 42.

he claimed it was extremely difficult to live as a 5 2 male, if only he obtained this "zen like" approach that YOU have.

"It seems cheaper and less painful to merely pretend I had the surgery"

of course, all he needed to do was simply PRETEND he had the surgery, why didn't he just pretend he had it at 22 and PRETEND he's 5 7, then he woulnd't have a difficult life at all, becuase in his reality, he is 5 7, and woulnd't need to correct it at 42.

but then again i assume YOU'RE NOT 5 2, nor 5 4, nor 5 6, likely you are 5 8 or above. how nice it is FOR YOU to give advise to short people on this subject, coming from a man who has been blessed with height.

this is like a 40 year old NW1 giving advise to a 19 yr old NW5 that can only have horshoe in the 1970s, all he needs to do is just condition himself to beleive there is no problem, its fine, hes normal, it looks fine, simply pretend or not care what other people think.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Again discussing the taller = more attractive rule is pointless as it is just a fact, nobody is denying that.

Yes you would be more attractive standing 5'8" with a head of hair. But still it takes a lot more than being attractive(let alone being just more attractive than your previous state, which would still be average) to get a girl and make friends.

It is true that you will get a small confidence boost but still I remember that you really didn't realize that you are so short until age 23. So make question is what was your social life and how many girls have you approached before you realized that?

Cosmetic surgeries should be considered as a way of improvement not a gateway to normal life. Becasue like I said before you could live a normal life being 5'4" and bald. The quality of that normal life would be significantly reduced but the fact still holds. Doing a LL surgery(+wig) would improve it but hoping that after this you will magically gain enough confidence to do things you couldn't do before is asking too much and will not likely happen.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
but at the end of the day the male taller norm is cardinal rule in dating, and has been since human evolution, fact is that sceintific research prooves you wrong and shows that 99% of couples the man is taller than the women, therefore it would make sense for a man to want to be taller.

I did not state otherwise. What I did specifically say is that men and women come in varying sizes. I.E there are as many short women as there are short men.

but then again i assume YOU'RE NOT 5 2, nor 5 4, nor 5 6, likely you are 5 8 or above. how nice it is FOR YOU to give advise to short people on this subject, coming from a man who has been blessed with height.

This is somewhat pointless to argue about, we are on the internet I could say I am any height. However I am in actuality shorter than 5'8 and have no problem with my stature. Although this was not always true, I did "grow" out of it.
My mother was very short, my father was of average height. Genetics generally work by situating you in-between. This is where I ended up, in fact slightly on the taller side as I am closer to my fathers height. So I have no problem with that.. since it makes biological sense.

Some people have no ability to walk at all, some lose their legs serving their countries, some have motor neuron diseases and have their ability to walk and indeed button a shirt stolen from them, followed by their lives. I am not "Zen" as you so mockingly put it, I'm simply thankful for what I do have, since many others have far less.

"Do what you can do with what you've got" rather than spend your time wishing you had things you don't.