Being short is worse than going bald for me

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
great so your about 5 7, that's great then, yeah most people say if your 5 7 your making excuses if your claiming it's a problem.

yes but your still disadvantaged though, because a 5 0 girl can be with a very short 5 4, or short 5 7 or 5 10 or 6 0 guy

whereas YOU if your 5 4 can only select from the 5 0 girl, yet the 5 0 girl can be with any guy your height or greater.

so the selection is stacked very unfavorably against you.

also im just saying i want to be taller, im not saying im worthless due to my shortness.

the problem is your thoughts on "pretending" your taller, and not needed surgery its stupid , so if a 5 4 guy pretends hes 5 7 in his head he can date a 5 7 girl and they WONT look stupid?

its going ot be abious and you will look stupid, like cruise and his wife do, they are the but of jokes, it is a problem, ok for them not so becuase cruise is famous, but for regular guy it's hilarious no matter if the guy "pretends" he is as tall as his wife, the reality is clear, and you failed to grow, its IN YOUR FACE.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
whereas YOU if your 5 4 can only select from the 5 0 girl, yet the 5 0 girl can be with any guy your height or greater.

so the selection is stacked very unfavorably against you.

Not necessarily. Taller guys would rather prefer taller girls.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
the problem is your thoughts on "pretending" your taller, and not needed surgery its stupid , so if a 5 4 guy pretends hes 5 7 in his head he can date a 5 7 girl and they WONT look stupid?

I don't think how the couple would appear to others is the point, "what someone else thinks of you is none of your business" however I didn't say pretend you're taller, I said pretend you were once shorter. There are men who started out shorter than you, received LL and had their lives improved greatly, I.E 5'1 going to 5'4. I don't see why they are so happy, apparently they should be going for another surgery?

its going ot be abious and you will look stupid, like cruise and his wife do, they are the but of jokes, it is a problem, ok for them not so becuase cruise is famous, but for regular guy it's hilarious no matter if the guy "pretends" he is as tall as his wife, the reality is clear, and you failed to grow, its IN YOUR FACE.

I'm confused.. I've never been in a relationship to please other people. I'm not sure why I'd focus on how they thought I and my girl looked with one another. In general most people barely spare a passing thought about strangers, even then they've forgot you minutes later. Why spend any time at all thinking about them?

Also since Katie Holmes is famous herself.. I'm not exactly sure why Cruises fame matters. He's a confident guy.. there are plenty of short confident guys, many of them aren't famous.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
all im saying is your going against the social norm, im just saying its not scientifically common.

im not saying its impossible, all im saying is this pretending thing is stupid, you claim it just makes men merely "happier" to be taller, all it does mainly is it allow you to date girls easier, it just makes things normal, natural, men are NATURALLY meant to be 5 inches taller than the female average, its normal, its an EMOTIONAL need.

so your opinion of the 5 1 guy and his "perception" of being happy at 5 4 (my height) after surgery is futile, the emotional need of male height ends at 5 inches taller than the female normal so thats 5 9 or 5 9.5, that is when you will be normal, although 5 7 is perffetly aceptable even though cruise is at that height and considered short, seems a regular height to me.

you are also stupid to judge all heights being equal, like me and a 5 1 guy are the same, and its all the mentality, this is silly, 5 1 guys say its a nightmare at 5 1 or 5 2, im 5 4.5, if i said it was like "living in hell" people would think im crazy, but its not, people say 5 2 is like living in hell, i understand that, thats a perfect reaction to that height, same as horshoe at 19, same idea, it makes sense, its just a lame hieght is all (5 4). people on MMT forum say 5 2 totally sucks, its an unaceptable height, and they require the height emotionally, for me that is not the case, im not THAT short, i nevered claimed im dying at 5 4.5, im just saying if i got to 5 6.5 id have a no problems here height,

in fact i find it heightly offenseive that you consider a 5 1 and a 5 4.5 man as i am to be in the same boat and its all perspective and zen like thoughts, its just plain wrong, i would never say to a 5 1 man these things.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What's more effective, a gun with no bullets or bullets with no gun? Both seem pretty useless. Although I will concede that the better looking guy will get more opportunities with women regardless of confidence. So I'm siding with HPM on this.... he has legitimate issues that no amount of "pretending" is going to fix. Personally, I find Eureka's suggestion to HPM a tad absurd.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
the only issue with eurakas opinion on height is he has the philoshopy that all male heights are equal.

this is pure insanity!

claiming that the 5 1 LL patient than went to 5 4 thus is happy therefore you should be happy at 5 4.

HAHAHA

a 5 1 caucasian male living in the UK is extremely rare

this is foolishness, if you go onto the MMT forum they have a poll asking how tall everyone is.

the average on the forum is 5 7!

5 feet 0 inches (152.40cm) 1 (0.2%)

5 feet 1 inches (154.94cm) 1 (0.2%)< LOOK, ONE GUY, IS PROBABLY ASIAN/INDIAN

5 feet 2 inches (157.48cm) 14 (3.3%)
5 feet 3 inches (160.02cm) 14 (3.3%)

5 feet 4 inches (162.56cm) 34 (8%)
5 feet 5 inches (165.10cm) 44 (10.3%)
5 feet 6 inches (167.64cm) 62 (14.5%)
5 feet 7 inches (170.18cm) 84 (19.7%)

5 feet 8 inches (172.72cm) 65 (15.2%)
5 feet 9 inches (175.26cm) 46 (10.8%)

as you can see 5 1 is very rare,

there is like ONE guy who is 5 1 (probably indian living in india whch = 5 4 here)

34 guys 5 4

84 guys 5 7,

so with that being said THERE ISN'T EVEN A CAUCASIAN 5 1 LL Patient on the friggin LETS GET TALLER forum!

your making claims of people that DO NOT exist.

why not make mention of this fictional 5 0 guy who getts to 5 2, who is happy, therefore YOU should be content with 5 2, its ludicrous.

in fact if you look at ALL the patient diarys , you will see that there is only ONE 5 2 caucasin man there that did 5 inches to 5 7 (2 ops), all the rest are 5 4 +.

he was 42.

so overall, after looking at all the MMT forum patient diarys, i have found that THE SHORTEST caucasian height that people legnthen for is 5 4+, so I AM the shortest of the short excluding that 1 guy!

+ im 164cm (5 4.5).

i would appreciate if you mention that half, it makes a big deal for us short guys.

any one inch that brings us closer to male avg (say 5 9.5) is like a blessing to us

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Not meaning to drudge up dead topics, but this is the first time I've been on since my previous reply, plus you seem to have misconstrued my opinions entirely.

I didn't say all Male heights are equal. I mentioned the biological factor already, which is that women like taller men. Height is relevant, this is a fact but only to a point. I stressed perspective, which this forum should clearly demonstrate as being relevant. Calling perspective "absurd" seems preposterous.

What is also a fact is that men have been failing with women for centuries whilst blaming a plethora of problems, which all seem to stem from the same thing, confidence and self-aggrandizing for justification purposes. We take what we do have for granted, seeking what we don't and justifying our failure complex along with it. This forum may not be the place where you'll find happy balding men but this forum is a vocal minority of people. Generally men accept baldness, being short or whatever physical deficiency and live their lives. Yes a number of them would wish to have a full head of hair or to be taller, or to have more definitive chins and a more impressive bank account etc. Yet most of these men thrive, they don't obsess and allow these things to get in the way of them living. They don't chalk each social failure up to every physical aspect which fails to meet an Adonis ideal.

They most certainly don't willing agree to have their legs broken, or to spend more than a year of their lives on hold while they first receive the treatment, then go through the painful and long process of rehabilitation. Amidst the risk of serious complications and for the day when they will be able to walk unassisted, whether by crutch or cane.

Most short men have girlfriends or wives, some both, most bald men do as well. As does every other group of men who I've already mentioned. Apparently they missed the memo that they should all be depressed and or chasing cosmetic enhancement. Their happiness is a fiction which apparently does not truly exist.

My difficulty with LL specifically is that it's unnecessary. That it's extreme and the long term effects are not well studied. I did not mean to leave the impression that I thought literally pretending would solve your problem, I attempted to point out that you've already got much and more to be thankful for, certainly more than enough to lead a happy and healthy life.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yes Eureka, it's safe to say that most people who flock here are not well adjusted, myself included. But the impact section of HairLossTalk.com is a haven for neurosis. Always has been, always will be.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
i actually disagree with UCMan that we are all a bit wierd and most bald men accept themselves and pretend things are as normal/natural bald at 25 or 30.

i think this is how about 90% of bald men feel, or at least bald in 25 or 30, its just that no one ever says it becuase its a sensitive subject.

in fact whenever baldness is mentioned into society, it has always been in at least in context of an attractive woman, often a bald man (say 30 or 35) will say "well i cant get her becuase of my hair problem".

becuase, form his view point, literally everyone has hair (ok its not really true, but it feels that way)

its almost common knowledge that baldness at least equals a massive dent on your attractiveness to women, with most people assuming since your bald at 25 or 30 your going to have to get average woman at best (and be lucky for it), and to hold on to her tight becuase most men have what you dont have, a natural biological and powerful sexual weapon, hair.

no matter how good you look bald or whatever, the social stigma is just REALLY high, far higher than being overwight or even beign short r being conventionally unatractive in some other manner (freckles, ginger hair etc.)

even a guy at 25 with a bald spot is mocked a lot, my brother was mocked at his own wedding when he got married to an avarage looking women (say a 5), people were saying to him that he better tie the knot soon since he will be bald soon, acting as if he got such a prize with her (and she wasnt really a prize much at all)

and at this point he actually looked better than her but all that meant sh*t with his "middle aged man" bald spot, it was the first target people mentioned, liek his whole sexual worth of a man is destroyed by his bald spot and diffuse crown at 25.

in either case i think this forum represents how people really feel about baldness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
God damn, most of the time your post read like an algebra equation but that right there was one heart felt, eloquent expression. HPM, you gotta love him.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
HPM, you gotta love him.

Yup, you do :agree:

HPM, are you a writer by profession?