Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that HMI doesn't affect PRL levels is irrelevant since it silences the receptors. What difference does it make how much PRL you have circulating in your blood if there's no effect when it binds to the receptor. If there's a downside to no PRLR activation, you're gonna get it with HMI regardless of how much PRL you have in your blood. That's my understanding of it, anyway, but I'm not an expert on the topic.

This was the safety profile of Phase I (HMI-115)

View attachment 178349

Where'd you get this from???

They only tested on 29 people in phase I???

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that HMI doesn't affect PRL levels is irrelevant since it silences the receptors. What difference does it make how much PRL you have circulating in your blood if there's no effect when it binds to the receptor. If there's a downside to no PRLR activation, you're gonna get it with HMI regardless of how much PRL you have in your blood. That's my understanding of it, anyway, but I'm not an expert on the topic.

i found it in the bayer studies „BAY 1158061“

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

Pretty standard phase 1 trial sample size. The pyralutamide p1 had like 12 people.

They are not in the habit of rounding up hundreds of people to give previously untested drug compounds where safety is unknown.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you find the Bayer studies? Maybe they've been posted and discussed in the thread, but I missed it.

look For „Table 3“

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

look For „Table 3“
Thanks!

So these are postmenopausal women, for whatever that's worth with regards to possible differences in sides between men and women.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks!

So these are postmenopausal women, for whatever that's worth with regards to possible differences in sides between men and women.
Yes, there are certainly sex differences in sides for anything related to hormones. For example, prolactin is more important in bile production for men.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When

Look back a few pages, did you see the hair growth in the monkeys?
Oh ya. I saw that. This sh*t is like super super super super super old news. I need to see human studies. The moment we see a human study on a man with the same success. We can all finally rest and drop our guns and live. .

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ya. I saw that. This sh*t is like super super super super super old news. I need to see human studies. The moment we see a human study on a man with the same success. We can all finally rest and drop our guns and live. .

That's something I wanted to ask about. We've known for a while that it grew hair in the macaques, but not all of us knew how much. And we knew that macaque hair loss was said to resemble Androgenetic Alopecia in humans, but seeing those photos is convincing in a way that just hearing about it isn't.

Anyway, my question is, when were those pictures released? I'm guessing they were part of a study; what is the date on it?

genericwhitemale

My Regimen
Reaction score
We can all finally rest and drop our guns and live. .

For some on here, hair loss is only one small part of their issues. There are some truly deranged individuals on here, and no amount of hair will fix all of their problems.

For me personally, it would be great to never have to worry about hair loss effecting my life ever again, but I think people do overstate the importance or impact it will have.

For example, when I was younger I had really crooked bottom teeth and big sticky out upper front teeth with pointy canines thrown in for good measure. At the time it completely crippled my confidence (age 18-27), but then I got Invisalign and had them reshaped so have a nearly perfect set of teeth. I don't ever think back to the days of crooked teeth even though at the time it was all I could think of and I remember being desperate and embarrassed about it.

And like I said, I literally never think about those days now (I'm 39), I think the same could be said for a "cure" for hair loss. I think some people are imagining their life will improve immeasurably and their entire personas will be completely different if they didn't have to deal with hair loss, but sadly I don't think it'll be the case.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's something I wanted to ask about. We've known for a while that it grew hair in the macaques, but not all of us knew how much. And we knew that macaque hair loss was said to resemble Androgenetic Alopecia in humans, but seeing those photos is convincing in a way that just hearing about it isn't.

Anyway, my question is, when were those pictures released? I'm guessing they were part of a study; what is the date on it?
The picture was released last year on Chinese social media. It is from the study that is referenced in the Bayer patent. The study was conducted sometime before 2016.