Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why do people think results on a primate will translate to humans 1:1. sure it might do something maybe even positive but its not that likely that it'll be in the same categories as those stellar results in the monkeys

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
results Are Great hoping For less Side effects. No cancer, No Tumors No erectyle dysfunction
how it can cause ED? it should have opposite effect

"Elevated PRL is associated with impairment of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis.29 In the central nervous system, hyperprolactinemia inhibits centers that control sexual desire and erection"

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why do people think results on a primate will translate to humans 1:1. sure it might do something maybe even positive but its not that likely that it'll be in the same categories as those stellar results in the monkeys

It is still no human head. You can’t realise that experiments on animals in many cases translate very poor on humans. End results will tell us.

The simple answer is that we know how treatments like finasteride and minoxidil affect macaques, and if we see the same replication from macaque to human head that we have seen in the past with these substances, then we can easily expect this to be superior than any hair loss drug by an order of magnitudes.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Animal models are constructed to mimic conditions that would be found on a human. For mouse models, it's not very conducive to being replicated on humans because mice don't have androgen related hairloss, so they just study how quick the hair regrows or if it grows at all on a nude mouse.

For stump-tailed macaques, they literally have androgen related hairloss. Most drugs you've heard of (finasteride, minoxodil, RU) were successful on the macaque model and pretty much translated 1:1 or better on humans (except for RU which no human data was published so we don't know). If you could find me a drug that worked on the model that didn't work in humans I'd love to see it (I dont think one exists), it's a very expensive animal model that is really only used when the researchers have high confidence.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how it can cause ED? it should have opposite effect

"Elevated PRL is associated with impairment of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis.29 In the central nervous system, hyperprolactinemia inhibits centers that control sexual desire and erection"

so does HMI-115 lower the prolactin Level in Human?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the only new treatment that I still find very encouraging. It would be pretty surprising if this didn't work well enough to go commercial. Macaque trials are a whole different story from mouse trials.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Animal models are constructed to mimic conditions that would be found on a human. For mouse models, it's not very conducive to being replicated on humans because mice don't have androgen related hairloss, so they just study how quick the hair regrows or if it grows at all on a nude mouse.

For stump-tailed macaques, they literally have androgen related hairloss. Most drugs you've heard of (finasteride, minoxodil, RU) were successful on the macaque model and pretty much translated 1:1 or better on humans (except for RU which no human data was published so we don't know). If you could find me a drug that worked on the model that didn't work in humans I'd love to see it (I dont think one exists), it's a very expensive animal model that is really only used when the researchers have high confidence.
So, if this drug translate good on human trials, so it should be ’cure’ for most of the guys?

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no it will not effect circulating PRL levels . thats why this treatment will be so good. It only show really high specificity to the PRL receptor in hair follicle and some other tissues) to block its signaling. All new successful medicines have been biologics lately
So If you say so then HMI-115 won‘t do anything regarding ED or high Sex drive.

don’t get me wrong, i am
Happy If HMI-115 has No Side effects. But First you told it would give high potency and now you say that it don’t Effect circulating PRL Levels.
No offense!

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it would raise it, if anything. It blocks binding to receptors to there would be more in the serum.

Similar to how you get a slight rise in T by blocking 5ar to create DHT.
So and If it raises the prolactin then what would that mean regarding sexual aspects?

A) erectyle dysfunction or B) higher Sex Drive/ better erections?

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
So and If it raises the prolactin then what would that mean regarding sexual aspects?

A) erectyle dysfunction or B) higher Sex Drive/ better erections?
it would not raise it out of homeostatic range. It happen with all drugs when you antagonize a receptor you see a small increase in its endogenous ligand. We will know after phase 2 what kind of safety profile HMI have but i am really hopeful that its gonna be safe

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was the safety profile of Phase I (HMI-115)

1649227659444.jpeg

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was the safety profile of Phase I (HMI-115)

View attachment 178349
it seems like the major ones are GI , and headaches at the 60mg dose and fatigue at the 90mg dose. nothing really severe pops out here and this are pretty common to many more drug regimens out there. Plus they didn't really test it only many people. the sample size is less than 10 at each dosing interval. Its really well tolerated by the liver and kidney according to this

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
it seems like the major ones are GI , and headaches at the 60mg dose and fatigue at the 90mg dose. nothing really severe pops out here and this are pretty common to many more drug regimens out there. Plus they didn't really test it only many people. the sample size is less than 10 at each dosing interval. Its really well tolerated by the liver and kidney according to this
Can confirm