Baldies and the reason they have to be buff

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
actually my views are similar to larry davids.

larry shaves his facial hair because he would be a beard compensator if he grew it out, he woulnd't be true bald.

IF YOU RELY on facial hair to achieve a more socialy acceptable look you are compensating, your "afraid" of showing your true self...you are not proud (thank you larry)

me and larry are in agreement, the bearded bald man annoys both of us.

your saying that the social mesage the phony balds do is "im bald and ok with it im just doing some clean up to make it more presentable", well me and larry disagree.

but you wear a hairsystem though?? How on earth are you in any position to preach like Larry f*cking David?????

Any person from the outside is going to think you're the one with the insecurities and issues because you hide under a hairsystem, not the "beard compensator" who is just wearing his natural look.

Completely Delusional or just a simple troll? Take your pick....

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
For me working out is more about being healthy and fit than compensating for my hair.

I would like to keep my body healthy for as long as I can.

It's a way of fighting the aging process, not just hair loss. Most of my friends don't do any sports and they get bellies and big asses, I bet their sex life suffers as well.

PS: I'm not buff, I'm more in between average and athletic.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
have you ever thought of just being a full on hat prisoner and glue it on to yor head ala tom morello etc.?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
he cant shave his head because of transplant scars

he is not comfortable wearing piece.

but being a hat prisoner isn't all that uncommon, especially considering his age group of 40s.

if anyone asks just say "yeah im in my 40s and balding and wear hats", its REALLY common for the age group.

but for 21 year olds wearing hats like that it's a tougher story IMO.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
also a balding guy in his 40s that is wearing a cap and meets a women in her mid 30s is a pretty normal scenario.

sure beats showing this problem on display and getting girls making those remarks as they did before

im sure she will suspect the cap, but, i mean, your in your mid 40s ffs, it's not unique AT ALL for your age group, she will understand.

im sure i've seen plenty of older gentlemen in 40s in hats all the time.

all im saying is that it's not outwith the social norm to be a hat prisoner in your 40s, in your 20s it can be tough becuase your keeping a secret from your peer group and your singled out from all your friends, and your dating pool is a bit fucked becuase women 18-30 will not understand the cap and your in a social hell type situation.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
he cant shave his head because of transplant scars

he is not comfortable wearing piece.

but being a hat prisoner isn't all that uncommon, especially considering his age group of 40s.

if anyone asks just say "yeah im in my 40s and balding and wear hats", its REALLY common for the age group.

but for 21 year olds wearing hats like that it's a tougher story IMO.

WTF are you talking about? Since when is it REALLY common for middle aged men to wear hats? Younger people have the option of wearing beanies and baseball caps as a fashion statement (accesorizing). I dont see too many 40+ guys doing that they'd look ridiculous. And especially since Dudemon is trying to make a career in the financial industry I dont think it would be a good look.

[attachment=1:3vzol622]portrait_of_mature_man_wearing_baseball_hat_700-00046578.jpg[/attachment:3vzol622]

[attachment=0:3vzol622]DSC01078.jpg[/attachment:3vzol622]

Attachments

• portrait_of_mature_man_wearing_baseball_hat_700-00046578.jpg
    portrait_of_mature_man_wearing_baseball_hat_700-00046578.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC01078.jpg
    DSC01078.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 143

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SAF - What are you talking about?
Middle aged guys wear hats all the times. Usually baseball caps. And no, not like the ridiculous pictures you posted... not backwards, or the huge brims. Just normal baseball caps worn to the front. That is one of the most common thing in middle aged guys. Maybe not in UK?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Obviously not, I guess it must be different here in the UK then. :dunno:
The only 40+ guy I've ever seen wearing a cap or beanie is one of those chav weirdo's who also wear loud t-shirts, flip flops and have both ears pierced.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
well i meant more similar to this profile here

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/profiles/sean2010

a look like that, just a baseball cap, i HAVE seen some people wear it and i don't think he looks like a complete bafoon JUST BECASE he's wearing a cap and he isn't 21.

you dont have to project this rapper type image on just becuase you have a cap.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Brick said:
SAF - What are you talking about?
Middle aged guys wear hats all the times. Usually baseball caps. And no, not like the ridiculous pictures you posted... not backwards, or the huge brims. Just normal baseball caps worn to the front. That is one of the most common thing in middle aged guys. Maybe not in UK?

Where is this? Baseball caps are OK some of the time, but if someone is wearing it 24/7, it would not be considered good. IMHO.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

cuebald

Reaction score
The only hats acceptable for regular use in people over 40 in the UK are flat caps "last of the summer wine" style:
When you wear these you pretty much accept that you are old.

flat-cap-404_681487c.jpg

Baseball caps on anyone over 30 are stupid unless that person does a messy outdoors job i.e. builder, caretaker, etc.
Even then you can't wear them all of the time; they're not rediculous only when someone is doing something e.g. cutting grass or painting.

It is really sad when baldies start wearing them all the time i.e. that guitarist from Rage Against the Machine who when you Google his name (Tom Morello) there isn't a single image of him without a cap and it was obvious why he wears it. I liked their music but I mean I found it so hard to take his "angsty leftist" image seriously when he was too scared to even take off his hat and expose his bald head.

T

TravisB

Dudemon, could you post some pictures of your hair? I'm curious how it looks after 3 transplants. And I wonder if you have enough donor hair for the 4th transplant.

T

TravisB

And who was doing your 2nd and 3rd transplant? You have written that in some topic, but I don't remember who it was. That was someone famous. Rahal, Feller?

Brokenwall

Established Member
Reaction score
First of all, a big lol to those who are worried that women dont like bald heads. Do you really lack that much confidence in your own skin ? Dating is not for you if that the case.

Second, how is working out compensating for being bald ? You become healthier , you develop good habits. For the record I used to work out even when i had hair.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
ffs satch and stipe are NOT "aged" men.

billy corgan - bald late 20s
michael stipe - bald early 30s
joe satriani - bald late 30s
kerry king (unsure problably early 30s)
scott ian (unsure probably early 30s)

willis and statham were depiected to be bald in early 40s
picard was probably depicated to be bald early 40s

unsure on rob halford but it was probably early 40s for him

NONE OF THESE GUYS ARE AGED AT ALL.

willis is a middle aged man but he look like *** bald in daylight (i have many pics) but that is becuase he is BALD, he doesn't have a special right to look crap becuase he's 50 and bald, im pretty sure he's been bald since 30 anyway has just been wearing wigs.

the problem with their baldness is that they are not black and they look a little wierd just liek the rest o us, even stone cold steve austin looks wierd bald, he just looks like a giant turd that's all.

baldnes wont be an issue for you if your peer group is senior citizens, becuase then you and others wont care, you can be bald as an adolesant if your black, its more socailly acceptable to be bald as a black 10 year old than a bald white 50 year old, you'll just look like willis but 5x worse becusae you aren't a male model etc.

to say that they are not meant to look good becuawse they are aged is nonsense,MOST middle aged men still have hair (75%), when i had no hair in my mid 20s MOST men in their late 40s looked 10x better than me, in fact almost any man looked bettter than me becuase i have average facial features and i am BALD and WHITE an LOOKED LIKE ***.