Anyone Seen This Study Outperforming minoxidil?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We still don't know the concentrations, neither in the study nor in the product the people are using in this thread...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked the company but they cant disclose it.

"Can't disclose it" means they don't want you to know because it's very low. Avoid them. It's 5% in reviv

Has anyone tried either the RevivHair or Deciem product with needling? I'm considering giving them a try. I thought I saw on one of the pages "do not use on broken skin" but now that I look I can't find it. Although this could be just a typical CYA disclaimer.

I used reviv after needling for several months. No issues. Doesn't even burn like minoxidil afterwards. The worst burning was applying stemoxydine after needling.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I used reviv after needling for several months. No issues. Doesn't even burn like minoxidil afterwards. The worst burning was applying stemoxydine after needling.

ordered and on its way. Also added the optional Triaminodil. For an extra $5 why not?

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Can't disclose it" means they don't want you to know because it's very low. Avoid them. It's 5% in reviv

I used reviv after needling for several months. No issues. Doesn't even burn like minoxidil afterwards. The worst burning was applying stemoxydine after needling.

Yeah i know. Still seems to work for density. Will be using it for at least 8 months and will see from there.

Joe79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello partners,
My purchase is on arrival, I would like to make sure that when I open it, it will remain in the best possible time. Should I store it in the fridge?

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ordered and on its way. Also added the optional Triaminodil. For an extra $5 why not?
that triaminodil is essentially minoxidl n the reason why they used it in their product(instead of the latter) is due to its status being not of a registered medication- unlike the former.

if u already have minxodil, u r better off buying theordinary's, which is vastly cheaper n i dont see any major difference. In fact the ordinary's multi-peptide has Baicapil, which revivihairs's serum does not contain.

Theordinary's multi-peptide:

Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caffeine, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Pisum Sativum Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Triticum Vulgare Germ Extract, Glycine Soja Germ Extract, Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Arginine, Glycine, Calcium Gluconate, Zinc Chloride, Lactic Acid, Gluconolactone, Dextran, Maltodextrin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan gum, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Revivhair's serum:

Water/Aqua/Eau (and) [Redensyl®:] Glycerin (and) Sodium Metabisulfite (and) Glycine (and) Larix Europaea Wood Extract (and) Zinc Chloride (and) Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Argania Spinosa Sprout Cell Extract, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, rh-Polypeptide-3 [Keratinocyte Growth Factor] , Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1 [Procapil® peptide] , Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3 [CAPIXYL® peptide] , Radix Polygoni Multiflori Preparata Extract, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Root Extract, PEG/PPG-20/23 Dimethicone, Horse Chestnut (Aesculus Hippocastanum) Seed Extract, Indian Frankincense (Boswellia Serrata) Resin Extract, Mannitol (and) Ammonium Glycyrrhizate (and) Caffeine (and) Zinc Gluconate, Saw Palmetto (Serenoa Repens) Fruit Extract, D-Panthenol, Grape Seed Proanthocyanidins (Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Tripeptide (AHK), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Callus Culture Filtrate (CIC2), Beta-sitosterol, Pygeum Africanum, Copper Tripeptide-1, Prezatide Copper Acetate, Methionine Sulfoxide Reductase, Soy Isoflavones, Octapeptide-2 [Prohairin-ß4] , Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid.

Isolation and structural identification of a novel minoxidil analogue in an illegal dietary supplement: triaminodil.
Lee JH1, Park HN1, Park HJ1, Kim NS1, Park SK1, Lee J2, Baek SY1.
Author information

Abstract
A new minoxidil analogue was detected in an illegal dietary supplement advertised as a hair-growth treatment. The analogue was identified using ultra-performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-resolution mass spectrometry (LC-HR-MS) and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy. The compound was structurally elucidated as a minoxidil analogue in which the piperidinyl group of minoxidil was replaced with a pyrrolidinyl group corresponding to a molecular formula of C8H13N5O. The new analogue has been named triaminodil. As this is the first report of the compound, there are no chemical, toxicology or pharmacological data available.

KEYWORDS:
Hair growth; LC-HR-MS; NMR; dietary supplement; minoxidil analogue; triaminodil

= minoxidil's structure was tweaked to give a new moelcule(triaminodil) so that it would not be classified as a drug- its the same asthe phenomenon seen with new illicit drugs.

in other words, U r essentially paying that $5 for a vial of minoxidil.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rather have more redensyl than baicapil which probably only works because of the soy extract which revivserum also has, and is useless if you are already on a 5-ARI. On top of having probably 2.5-5 times as much redensyl, which is the whole reason for buying the product, I'd say the other ingredients in revivserums are more useful than the ones from theordinary.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rather have more redensyl than baicapil which probably only works because of the soy extract which revivserum also has, and is useless if you are already on a 5-ARI. On top of having probably 2.5-5 times as much redensyl, which is the whole reason for buying the product, I'd say the other ingredients in revivserums are more useful than the ones from theordinary.

This one called Actsyl has Redensyl (3%) and Capixyl (2%), sells for 60 for 3 bottles. Supposed to be not that greasy.

https://www.amazon.com/Actsyl-3-Red...081VZDC6Y/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Revivhair's hair serum definitely has more comprehensive ingredients than the Ordinary. I guess that is why the Ordinary is so much cheaper. Hopefully the dimethicone won't have any negative affects on the hair since it not water soluble and might cause the hair to be more dry.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This one called Actsyl has Redensyl (3%) and Capixyl (2%), sells for 60 for 3 bottles. Supposed to be not that greasy.

https://www.amazon.com/Actsyl-3-Red...081VZDC6Y/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Good value there.

This review had me laughing though:

"My daughter introduced me to this serum and after only a few uses I noticed a difference in my hair. My hair feels stronger and fuller.":rolleyes:

I have to wonder if these types of reviews are all paid, or if there are really people this dumb out there.

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good value there.

This review had me laughing though:

"My daughter introduced me to this serum and after only a few uses I noticed a difference in my hair. My hair feels stronger and fuller.":rolleyes:

I have to wonder if these types of reviews are all paid, or if there are really people this dumb out there.

There are just a few billion retarded women walking on earth.

Every Pura D'or snake oil product review: "Not sure the shampoo growed hair but my hair feels really nice and smooth with this."

Every castor oil mascara review: "I put it on 15 minutes ago and already see a differnence!"

Flagermus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, what the hell by accident I just discovered that all of the results in the RCP study:

https://www.hilarispublisher.com/op...d-procapil-combination-in-men-with-androg.pdf

seems to be directly copied from this study about MorrF, they event copied the references!

https://www.longdom.org/open-access...h-androgenetic-alopecia-2155-9554.1000253.pdf

Takes away some of the credibility I guess. By the way I'm assuming the RCP study is plageuarism of the MorrF study based on the publishing dates 2015 vs 2019.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, what the hell by accident I just discovered that all of the results in the RCP study:

https://www.hilarispublisher.com/op...d-procapil-combination-in-men-with-androg.pdf

seems to be directly copied from this study about MorrF, they event copied the references!

https://www.longdom.org/open-access...h-androgenetic-alopecia-2155-9554.1000253.pdf

Takes away some of the credibility I guess. By the way I'm assuming the RCP study is plageuarism of the MorrF study based on the publishing dates 2015 vs 2019.
Well as far as I can tell they referenced the Minoxidil results from the Morr F study since it was a comparative study. That's not plagiarism per se innit.
Maybe I am missing something because I am too lazy to read through it thoroughly so late at night but their results for Redensyl are their own and different as far as I can tell.

dsd1984

Reaction score
Has anyone tried either the RevivHair or Deciem product with needling? I'm considering giving them a try. I thought I saw on one of the pages "do not use on broken skin" but now that I look I can't find it. Although this could be just a typical CYA disclaimer.

Just ordered the RevivHair one. Looks like you have to keep this in the fridge.

I also been using the THE FITZROVIA CENTRE serum, not sure how much Redensyl contains though.

Last edited:

dsd1984

Reaction score
It’s on it’s way , yes that’s where I got it.

minoxidil at night and Redensyl in the mornings has worked well for me. The ordinary was a serum, whereas Panthrix was spray like . Not sure how reviv would come up as

Yeh been using Redensyl in the mornings taking advantage WFH, then I use a mix of
Safflower scalp elixir and peppermint I got from HairGuard site at night. Doing Dr PenA6 last 3 weeks, 1 time a week.

I am seeing my bald patches fill it, well when is say fill is scalp is less visible, more darker, feeling more rough fuzz.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did it take for you to see the changes? I started using it 6 weeks ago and around the week 4 I had intense shedding, which persists but is less intense now... but I bought 6 months of serum and I plan to use all of it (it was on sale some weeks ago and each bottle was around 14 euros, so pretty cheap).

Thanks in advance for your answer.
What is your problem IDIOT ! you just disliked 81 of my post. You have real mental problems