Anyone Seen This Study Outperforming minoxidil?

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool another bro science thread about some new scams with little to no clinical studies.

"Nothing wrong with trying them" they said

Yes aside from wasting your money and time, instead of using something useful.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool another bro science thread about some new scams with little to no clinical studies.

Something useful...would be kind of ace if there actually was something useful that isn't a DHT blocker or minoxidil...

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score

With your mindset we would still be Neanderthals. We need folks to try new stuff so we can finally get this decease treated or cured.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are two complementary solutions. We need a AA that targets HF AR only.
Not sure if that is physically possible. HFs are in your scalp, your scalp has a bloodstream, bloodstream goes systemic obviously-

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With your mindset we would still be Neanderthals. We need folks to try new stuff so we can finally get this decease treated or cured.

We need people to try this stuff as part of a controlled study, not in an anecdotal form on the internet.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We need people to try this stuff as part of a controlled study, not in an anecdotal form on the internet.

So how come you jump to conclusions discarding a method when someone reports anecdotally that a treatment didn't work for them? Your reasoning should work both ways.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to quicky update my situation: I stopped using this about one month ago when I finished the first bottle. As I already said before in the thread, I saw some improvement in density from it but that was it. I continued applying the product for some months but the situation became stagnant, I didn't see any actual regrowth from it and the improvement in density was not substantial enough to make me want to continue with it.

Last edited:

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to quicky upload my situation: I stopped using this about one month ago when I finished the first bottle. As I already said before in the thread, I saw some improvement in density from it but that was it. I continued applying the product for some months but the situation became stagnant, I didn't see any actual regrowth from it and the improvement in density was not substantial enough to make me want to continue with it.

That's kind of where I am at. I have a bottle left and I think that'll be it for now. If it were as cheap as minoxidil, I'd probably use it though just to always have a tad increased density.

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I dont comment here much but just going to throw in my experiences here.

So I bought this stuff (I'm a woman with relatively mild, diffuse loss on top).

The initial experience was really good, I washed my hair and applied while damp then sort of brushed through and blow dried and it actually made my hair look thicker and heavier so I was thrilled.

But the 2nd application to dry hair, that's getting a little greasy (my hair has always gotten greasy after about 24 hrs from being washed) looks fairly atrocious (castor oil is one if the ingredients). It takes hair that looks a bit greasy and makes it look like hot garbage. So it's not practical to use every day unless you wash your hair every day, or dont need to look decent the next day.

That being said, I'm using it sometimes here and there (3-5 times per week), and unlike some other of these topicals, it may actually do something? There is a bit of a warmth and redness that subtly radiates from the skin for a couple of minutes after application. Stemoxydine and evolis and various essential oils (I know) didnt have this feeling.

So in terms of what does it do over long term use every day? I dont know. I have a little kid and no time so I simply cant wash my hair every day. And there are some days when I just dont want to look like a grease monster with no hair (as anyone whose ever applied castor oil to dry, thinning hair knows, it makes it look terrible).

But it's cheap, the bottle lasts forever (at the rate I'm using it anyway) so I'll keep using it when possible indefinitely, because I think it might actually do something subtle.

I think it goes without saying that aggressive balding (slick bald spots) will not be seriously improved by this. If you're diffuse and gradual, there's a chance this will help slightly in my opinion.

ETA: I've been doing this occasional application for about 3 months and if I had to guess I'd say my hair looks a bit better now than when I started. My experience is different from most of you though, being a woman I have hormonal fluctuations that make anything I do hair wise a very uncontrolled experiment.

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're diffuse and gradual, there's a chance this will help slightly in my opinion.

Or not. IMHO this stuff is useless and garbage. All you get out of this is a feeling it does something while you are still balding if you don't block DHT.

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or not. IMHO this stuff is useless and garbage. All you get out of this is a feeling it does something while you are still balding if you don't block DHT.
I mean, sure, I said there's a small chance, in my opinion, with all caveats and information supplied. Anyone can take my honest experience into account or not, it's up to them.

And I'm not claiming it works, or does anything at all, like all of us I'm just hoping to see less hair in the drain.