Anyone Seen This Study Outperforming minoxidil?

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't even know the concentrations from the study... Wonder who even paid for the study? Deciem maybe but then why no caffeine, or maybe this is follicas magic elixir?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything outperforms minoxidil on paper and then never makes it to market. Literally everything. Piss probably outperforms minoxidil on paper too. I wish something actually came out that works better.

peppermint oil for example if i recall correctly

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything is worth a try, but these percentages of improvement tend to be misleading.

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started using the multi-peptide serum from the Ordinary (Deciem) mentioned in this thread.

I won't comment on efficiency as it's only been a few days, but I'm not a fan of the texture : it makes my hair look greasy, and takes ages to dry (they say in their directions to use it before bedtime, I imagine it's because of this)

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using the product from The Ordinary for a week now. For the moment I can't really say it is a helpful treatment against hair loss but it makes my hair look healthier and "shinier". I guess it's good for fullheads with "dull" hair but for diffuse thinners like me it doesn't help in regards to hair density.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
interestingly these 3 topicals are water soluble, which means you won't have much problems finding the right vehicle.
on the other hand, they seem weak as f***.

Hippocrates21

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t post here much, but I just had to give an update about The Ordinary Hair Tonic. As you can see my regime is pretty intense and I’ve happily maintained and even increased my hair thickness using oral minoxidil. But I’ve had the same regime for years and thought I’d never see a new hair pop up or more thickening occur until something like Follica or SM or Replicel came out.

I decided to try The Ordinary hair serum because it was on special for $25 and is easily available at fancy department stores in my country.

I got home and started applying it every night, thinking “this crap is a scam and is somehow even oilier than minoxidil liquid used to be”.

Then just over the last few days I’ve noticed blonde vellus hairs popping up all over bare sections of my temples and short black hairs growing on my hairline!

I have no idea whether any of these small blonde and black hair will become terminal and cosmetically significant over the coming months, but I am just so honestly astounded that this serum managed to do anything at all.

I will keep you all updated in a few months time.

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t post here much, but I just had to give an update about The Ordinary Hair Tonic. As you can see my regime is pretty intense and I’ve happily maintained and even increased my hair thickness using oral minoxidil. But I’ve had the same regime for years and thought I’d never see a new hair pop up or more thickening occur until something like Follica or SM or Replicel came out.

I decided to try The Ordinary hair serum because it was on special for $25 and is easily available at fancy department stores in my country.

I got home and started applying it every night, thinking “this crap is a scam and is somehow even oilier than minoxidil liquid used to be”.

Then just over the last few days I’ve noticed blonde vellus hairs popping up all over bare sections of my temples and short black hairs growing on my hairline!

I have no idea whether any of these small blonde and black hair will become terminal and cosmetically significant over the coming months, but I am just so honestly astounded that this serum managed to do anything at all.

I will keep you all updated in a few months time.
Hi
Can you tell me how long you have used the serum for?
And do you apply just once a day???
Much thanks