Another Am I Balding At 14 Really Concerned

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel that some of the people commenting on here are being too hard on you considering you're only 14. However, you are being too obsessive over your hair, and it is not doing you any good. You don't have any hair loss, and I would like if you would just believe me when I tell you this. If you really need to put your mind at ease, you can look into seeing a dermatologist who will do an examination of your hair. But it is clear anyway from your photos in this thread as well as other threads you've made that you are not losing your hair. I think you probably have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and I suggest you talk to your parents about maybe seeing a therapist who can help you with this.
I think so

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys the thing is I’ve heard so many different opinions and I can’t see a derm because my parents don’t think it’s serious enough

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is the only way for me to get opinions
It is clear to me from your photos on this thread as well as other threads you've made on here that you are not losing your hair. You have a full head of thick hair. A couple of posters on here have sarcastically told you that you are losing your hair, but they have said this to you because they have been annoyed by your posts, and it is not what they really think. Nobody on these forums actually believes you are losing your hair except for yourself. My advice is to stop worrying, and enjoy life :)

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is the only way for me to get opinions

We have given you dozens of opinions. Yet you're still here. If you're really set on believing your own bullshit, then at most come back here ONCE every 6 months and we will give you fresh opinions. Now log off and come back at Christmas. You clearly have no idea how OCD works and how you're making it worse. Your parents need to take you to see a psychiatrist

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
We have given you dozens of opinions. Yet you're still here. If you're really set on believing your own bullshit, then at most come back here ONCE every 6 months and we will give you fresh opinions. Now log off and come back at Christmas. You clearly have no idea how OCD works and how you're making it worse. Your parents need to take you to see a psychiatrist
He is a child. Leave him alone. Everyone has insecurities as a kid. It is clearly just a body dysmorphia issue, and he doesn't have hair loss, but everyone goes through sh*t like this as a kid. Best thing to do is just not respond to his posts, because he has heard a million times that he doesn't have hair loss, but is clearly filtering what he reads and only listens when someone says he is thinning. We've all been like this as kids and had issues we get caught up in where we don't listen to anyone else and are set on what we think. As you get older your perspective on things just change, and he isn't there yet.

This thread should be closed.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
He is a child. Leave him alone. Everyone has insecurities as a kid. It is clearly just a body dysmorphia issue, and he doesn't have hair loss, but everyone goes through sh*t like this as a kid. Best thing to do is just not respond to his posts, because he has heard a million times that he doesn't have hair loss, but is clearly filtering what he reads and only listens when someone says he is thinning. We've all been like this as kids and had issues we get caught up in where we don't listen to anyone else and are set on what we think. As you get older your perspective on things just change, and he isn't there yet.

This thread should be closed.

Bro i've messaged mods about closing his account and shutting this thread. I've even messaged the kid saying i would even email his parents on his behalf to explain the nature of his mental state surrounding what in his case is a clear non-issue.

He has been told countless times nicely by dozens of people about both his lack of hairloss and his mental state yet continues to either comment on existing threads or make a new one.

This is why kids shouldn't even be allowed on forums until they're older.

Ben13738

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s I’ll really try and convince my mum to take me to the derm

You don’t need to go to the derm, you’re not balding. You need to see a therapist, you are clearly suffering from bdd. When I first started noticing I was balding, I had it dead set in my mind that I’d be slick bald in the next few months, guess what? Few years later I’m still at the same stage, although I am actually balding, but you aren’t.

DMoney123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don’t need to go to the derm, you’re not balding. You need to see a therapist, you are clearly suffering from bdd. When I first started noticing I was balding, I had it dead set in my mind that I’d be slick bald in the next few months, guess what? Few years later I’m still at the same stage, although I am actually balding, but you aren’t.
I disagree. I think a derm would do wonders for him as a therapist can only do so much. The derm will confim he isn't balding and that's worth 100x more than a therapist telling him to chill out.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree. I think a derm would do wonders for him as a therapist can only do so much. The derm will confim he isn't balding and that's worth 100x more than a therapist telling him to chill out.

He has OCD . His next problem will be ...what if the derm is wrong . He needs OCD treatment and probably also to see a derm lol .